SoO LFR iLvl requirement

With SoO likely to come out shortly after summer ends, I'm curious as to what everybody thinks the ilvl requirement will be. There has been a 10 point increase needed for every LFR tier so far but I don't see the requiremement for SoO being only 490. Hell, I only LFR and randomly gear up toons and I have some that are close to 500 without even really trying. I'm guessing that SoO will require 500 or 510 to get in. What do you guys think?

470, 480 >> 490? Would be my guess. Throne is only 502, so requiring beyond it in ilvl would be too much for the casual crowd (despite all the 516 loot you can get from scenarios, and 522 with vp).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expect 495-500. Slightly below full LFR gear from this tier, just like ToT LFR has 480, slightly below 483 you can get from HoF/ToES.
    Old Gods made me do it.

510 would be good in my opinion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    470, 480 >> 490? Would be my guess. Throne is only 502, so requiring beyond it in ilvl would be too much for the casual crowd (despite all the 516 loot you can get from scenarios, and 522 with vp).
    I'd say it's more likely to be 500, since the other LFR's required what the previous raid's ilvl was, with the last number brought down to a 0. Get 463 items to do a 460, 460 Raid drops 476, get 476 items to do a 470, Get 483 items in the 470 to do a 480, get 502 items in the 480 to do a 500. Comparatively, 490 seems a bit small. You could ALMOST pretty much have that before the ToT LFR was released.

The reason why it was so easy to get iLevel 480 to get into ToT LFR was all the easily attainable crafted gear. If they added easy crafts of iLevel 516 or 522 (not the overpriced stuff you can get now) then it'll be 500. If they don't I'm voting for 490.

Although.... getting iLevel 510 gear is pretty much a breeze now as well... Just get 502 and use 500VP to upgrade it.... Might still be 500 then.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think ilvl 500, since ToT lfr gear is 502, it probably wont be higher than that.
    dragonmaw - EU

490 i would guess, otherwise 500. it wouldn't be any higher, even though you can get 516 from scenarios.
    <insert witty signature here>

I think 500 is a good solid number.

With all the 522 gear you can buy, as well as profession gear (now including weapons), it isn't that hard to bump up.

If you got all 496 and one or two 522 pieces, you'd be there.

You get free 502 boots from Emperor.
    You can buy a 496 for gold.
    With 4 world bosses, you have 4 chances to get 496 or 522 piece of gear.
    You don't even need to rep grind to get a 522 belt from SPA
    Let's not ignore the free 516 you get for your first Heroic Scenario
    Professions
    Possible 516 from H. Scenarios
    (And of course) ToT LFR

- There are plenty of ways of getting that 500 ilvl without depending too heavily on RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    I expect 495-500. Slightly below full LFR gear from this tier, just like ToT LFR has 480, slightly below 483 you can get from HoF/ToES.
    Same with me. The idea is to make a progression everyone can enjoy. If people are doing only dailies, the new dailies ilvl requirement should the most people could in the world. If they are making scenarios, new scenarios should require what the old scenarios could provide. Same with LfR and Normal Raids. Heroic being the exception, requiring at least some progression on the same tier Normal.

510 would be a nice sweet spot since they made it easier to get VP now, and as mentioned above with item upgrades back it is exceedingly easy to hit that mark even on alts.

Deleted
    easily 510ilvl, you can get 510ilvl from LFR///Heroic Scenarios//upgrades AND vendor VP!

I am guessing 510. The reason being is that this tier, valor gear is significantly higher than the LFR gear AND we have our upgrade NPCs back. We also have BOE crafting gear and gear from scenarios that is above LFR gear.

A big chunk of your gear should be above basic 502 LFR level already, and we still have 3-4 months until SOO.

EDIT - I just checked, and my character that only does LFR and casual stuff is currently at 505. That is basically only from running LFR and buying VP gear ( no AH). And again, we have 3-4 months until SOO.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2013-05-30 at 04:38 PM.

Probably 500 or 510. I have alts that haven't raided a single boss this expansion that are around ilvl 515-520. Item upgrades and hScenarios made gearing up so much quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really think 500, 510 would be ok for mains, where people have done the dailies to get rep to buy items and all that, but then alts, i think blizzard wants to allow people to do LFR using the previous tiers LFR gear, so ToT was only 480. 500 seems like the best number.

anyway, regardless of what ilvl it is, i hope its a hard and epic raid.
    dragonmaw - EU

I suspect that there will be a gimme world boss with tier 16, that model has worked really well for them so far this expansion. This theoretical world boss would drop something at the tier 16 normal mode item level, who knows what that might be.

The Shado-Pan Assault neck was a gimme item when the patch dropped, too.

It would be nice if finishing the final LFR of the tier would give your character a one-time-drop normal mode level item along with the title.

I really miss raid drop BoAs, I hope Blizzard decides to give them back. It was a great source of revenue/gearing up alts. And I miss trash clear pugs, sad to say.

500 seems reasonable, considering LFR items are 502 and by running LFR you have the capacity to purchase SPA 522s. There's also Nalak and Oondasta, both of which can be defeated by raids in LFR-level gear. Furthermore, there's the 516 items from the new heroic scenarios.

500 would be the most reasonable. Not quite full LFR geared, and even less ToT LFR gear needed if you add in VP and (heroic) scenario gear

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.