15+ Year Old Account

[Enh] When to use haste gems?

Sorry for yet another post asking about this. I've tried to use Simcraft to work it out, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I've done a search through these forums but seeing my gear is at a different point to everyone elses, I wanted to make my own thread.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nilbro/simple

I have the legendary meta, heroic Renataki (+8 ilvl upgrade), normal Bad Juju (+8ilvl upgrade). I also have 4 piece normal (heroic legs), but I only have 516 heroic scenario weapons (bonus roll every week but they just won't drop).

I also roll with Elemental Mastery/Primal Elementalist.

I've been reading with all of this gear, I should be switching to haste gems. I just wanted to get clarification on this? If I do gem haste, do I gem Haste, Haste/Agi and Haste/Hit to match gear sockets? Or should I gem pure Haste? I've seen contradicting views on this.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by Yunalezka; 2013-05-30 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yunalezka View Post
    Sorry for yet another post asking about this. I've tried to use Simcraft to work it out, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing.
    Basically what you should be doing in SimulationCraft is first import your char, then from options switch iterations to 10k, fight style to whatever you'd prefer, and from scaling tab check on agi, crit, haste and mastery. That will give you current stat weights. If you want to know how reforging changes it go to reforge plots and turn on haste & mastery, then reforge amount 2k and step 200. If you're running reforge plots turning threads up from 1 to 2 or 4 or even 8 will make it run much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by yunalezka View Post
    do I gem Haste, Haste/Agi and Haste/Hit to match gear sockets?
    Would recommend this over pure haste if you don't want to bother running the sim yourself because you can't go terribly wrong with it.

Dunno if it's about some gear or changes in sim, but two weeks ago simcraft said pure haste is better (0.55 weight) and now after 5.3 patch with few more upgrades matching socket bonuses are better (0.46 weight) with gear fairly similar to yours (except 549 + 543 weapons).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Basically what you should be doing in SimulationCraft is first import your char, then from options switch iterations to 10k, fight style to whatever you'd prefer, and from scaling tab check on agi, crit, haste and mastery. That will give you current stat weights. If you want to know how reforging changes it go to reforge plots and turn on haste & mastery, then reforge amount 2k and step 200. If you're running reforge plots turning threads up from 1 to 2 or 4 or even 8 will make it run much faster.

Would recommend this over pure haste if you don't want to bother running the sim yourself because you can't go terribly wrong with it.

Dunno if it's about some gear or changes in sim, but two weeks ago simcraft said pure haste is better (0.55 weight) and now after 5.3 patch with few more upgrades matching socket bonuses are better (0.46 weight) with gear fairly similar to yours (except 549 + 543 weapons).
    there was been couple buffs for enh in 5,3 that changed SP scaling from 55% to 65% of AP, SS from 375% weapon dmg to 450% and LL from 250% to 300% its why weights in simcraft changed to

to OP: im personally waiting for legendary meta gem and 2x Tot trinkets to even start thinking about going full haste :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-05-30 at 06:20 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"