Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
  1. #741
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    708
    I'm sorry but is this thread trying to say that normal mode is too difficult ? 'Cause if that's the case, it's incredibly ridiculous.

  2. #742
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    I'm sorry but is this thread trying to say that normal mode is too difficult ? 'Cause if that's the case, it's incredibly ridiculous.
    Could you explain the reasoning behind your statement there? Start with a definition of "too difficult".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  3. #743
    The Lightbringer Zell the Stormbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I just do not see how you make the conclusion from % of playerbase = difficulty of content.
    Other than it's the only reasonable explanation (all of yours have been logically dismissed), it's also because that's not the only reason I'm drawing said conclusion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In Cat, we made 10s harder so that 10 and 25 could deliver the same ilevel. But this pushed some out of raiding.
    Here's the source, HE SAID IT YESTERDAY.

    Your entire argument in this thread (and others) can be boiled down to this:

    "There's a very small possibility the drop isn't due to difficulty; therefore, it can't be".

    Now give up and go pick an argument with someone who's interested in talking to a self-repetitive individual who refuses to see beyond the hand in front of his or her own face.

    I'm done with your pointless, skeptical, argumentative and inflammatory shit.

  4. #744
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Other than it's the only reasonable explanation (all of yours have been logically dismissed), it's also because that's not the only reason I'm drawing said conclusion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In Cat, we made 10s harder so that 10 and 25 could deliver the same ilevel. But this pushed some out of raiding.
    Here's the source, HE SAID IT YESTERDAY.

    Your entire argument in this thread (and others) can be boiled down to this:

    "There's a very small possibility the drop isn't due to difficulty; therefore, it can't be".

    Now give up and go pick an argument with someone who's interested in talking to a self-repetitive individual who refuses to see beyond the hand in front of his or her own face.

    I'm done with your pointless, skeptical, argumentative and inflammatory shit.
    Likewise.

    What are you on about that it is the only reasonable explanation?
    Step one, the drop is from 4.8% to 3.28% from highest to lowest (ICC10 to FL). That is not a big drop. That is only assuming the playerbase numbers are accurate. As we have no clue on the actual number of players, how many of those are EU/US, how many of those are at max level and how many of those are at level cap. That gives plenty of room for error considering the 4.8% to 3.28% is not a huge difference. Add on top of that the lowest raid, FL was released during the 3 months of the year with the lowest raiding participation (again supported by all data).
    Not to mention the addition of LFR in T13-T15.

    So really, please explain how that is the only "logical" explanation. When clearly the 'drop' is not huge, and you are looking at raiding in a vacuum.

    My entire argument in any thread can be boiled down to "All logical data supports my argument".
    Your argument in every thread can be boiled down to "This fits my agenda so it must be true".

    Add that on top of, again, proved by evidence, less average wipes per boss than ever, less % of guilds getting stuck / quitting on bosses then ever before. And still you have the bloody balls to say that "all evidence" claims you are right.

    If anything, your claim is the only one that is getting disqualified by logic. You are sugarcoating you own numbers by double counting 10 and 25 man guilds in the OP, which is insane. If you fail to see the blatant truth about this, be my guest, but dont try to convince other players that you are right when you are doing such obvious stuff as double counting players.

    All you do is flame my arguments without even reinforcing your own. You got nothing to say about the drop in reality only being much smaller than what you mention. The inaccuracy of what we know the playerbase to be, LFR, raid release times. Double counting, 30%/35% nerf in ICC/DS causing players to be unprepared for the next unnerfed raid, etc. This shows how weak you know your argument is since you cant even defend it so you have to go on offense instead.

    As said, even your own data confirms that the % of guilds getting stuck on bosses is lower than ever. Which is hillarious that you chose to ignore that.'

    Its getting really tiresome that you try to twist the data so much and try to make such ridiculous claims. Your entire data is based on numbers that we dont have, and you make the assumption that raiding participation = difficulty while completely ignoring everything around it.

    This is not even to mention the fact that you so convieniently avoided adding RS to your data. RS had the lowest raiding participation of all raids since T8, by far. RS is the only raid with alarmingly low participation. Could it not stand to logic that the fact that ICC was out for over 12 months, actually got *gasp* people to lose raiding interest. People were simply bored of raiding with having the same instance out for so long. Which means that going into cata, if you are to believe the sub numbers, we actually saw a gigantic increase in raiding participation. Not that I agree with checking sub numbers, but using your own method that is what the numbers say.

    There are several logical reasons why RS had so low participation, however if you choose to ignore all logical reasons from the other tiers, I do not see why you should ignore RS. You cant just cherry pick what to ignore and not.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-06-10 at 12:14 AM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  5. #745
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Could you explain the reasoning behind your statement there? Start with a definition of "too difficult".
    Well if you say it's too difficult for the majority of wow players because they are terribly bad, we can agree on this. It's difficult for them because they dont know how to play (why do we have TWO difficulties under normal mode ? 'cos people suck).

    But don't worry, those whining baddies won't kill current raids as they killed t11 (actually they couldn't finish it even with the huge nerfs, saw it). Because they have now 2 "difficulty" modes to pretend they are playing the game.

    See ? No need to nerf normal mode. You can play in your little sandbox called "flexible raid" or "lfr". And let the people who know how to play enjoy the real content.

  6. #746
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Well if you say it's too difficult for the majority of wow players because they are terribly bad, we can agree on this.
    Ok, so you're saying a thread discussing that something is "too difficult" is both "incredibly ridiculous", and also correct?

    Not sure why you feel the need to ridicule a thread discussing something you actually agree with. Perhaps it was ridiculously obvious and didn't need discussion?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  7. #747
    The Lightbringer Zell the Stormbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Well if you say it's too difficult for the majority of wow players because they are terribly bad, we can agree on this. It's difficult for them because they dont know how to play (why do we have TWO difficulties under normal mode ? 'cos people suck).

    But don't worry, those whining baddies won't kill current raids as they killed t11 (actually they couldn't finish it even with the huge nerfs, saw it). Because they have now 2 "difficulty" modes to pretend they are playing the game.

    See ? No need to nerf normal mode. You can play in your little sandbox called "flexible raid" or "lfr". And let the people who know how to play enjoy the real content.
    Would you mind linking me your main character?

  8. #748
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Would you mind linking me your main character?
    Zell, don't even bother with these trolls. It's obvious that person didn't even bother to read the thread and just chimed in with the typical "Lol normals are hard? You must be terrible! Good players can clear normal blindfolded with one arm while watching TV and sipping champagne!" nonsense that crops up every couple of pages, instead of actually giving any real insight it's just flames and insults.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Mod Voice


  9. #749
    The Lightbringer Zell the Stormbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Zell, don't even bother with these trolls. It's obvious that person didn't even bother to read the thread and just chimed in with the typical "Lol normals are hard? You must be terrible! Good players can clear normal blindfolded with one arm while watching TV and sipping champagne!" nonsense that crops up every couple of pages, instead of actually giving any real insight it's just flames and insults.
    Mhm. You're probably right; I rise to it far more often than I should.

    In any event, it's nice to see the retirement over; how's the pally levelling going, and is it flexi-mode that's reinvigorated your interest?

  10. #750
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Mhm. You're probably right; I rise to it far more often than I should.

    In any event, it's nice to see the retirement over; how's the pally levelling going, and is it flexi-mode that's reinvigorated your interest?
    Gearing up right now, hit 90 the other day (he was left at 85 in Cata). I was shanghaied into tanking for my guild again since they have trouble finding good tanks, and I used to be good on my Warrior and Paladin before him, so I kind of got dragged out of retirement :P I was debating just sticking with my Warrior who was already 90 with like 463 gear from MoP launch, but Pallys are just so OP now that I think it'd be better overall.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Mod Voice


  11. #751
    The Lightbringer Zell the Stormbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Gearing up right now, hit 90 the other day (he was left at 85 in Cata). I was shanghaied into tanking for my guild again since they have trouble finding good tanks, and I used to be good on my Warrior and Paladin before him, so I kind of got dragged out of retirement :P I was debating just sticking with my Warrior who was already 90 with like 463 gear from MoP launch, but Pallys are just so OP now that I think it'd be better overall.
    Yeah, paladins and monks are simply better than warriors at the moment. From both the design and performance standpoint, they do everything that's meaningful far more efficiently.

  12. #752
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Yeah, paladins and monks are simply better than warriors at the moment. From both the design and performance standpoint, they do everything that's meaningful far more efficiently.
    Pretty much. I spent like two days reading posts on various forums about which was a better option for tanking right now, and that's what I came up with as well. Not so much that warriors are bad, just anything they can do Paladins can do better. Plus I find it way more fluid in how it performs, both for Prot and for Ret when compared to Warriors.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Mod Voice


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •