Deleted

Suitable gaming laptop?

Hi guys,

Looking to get a gaming laptop as I travel a lot and want to be able to play WoW and others whilst I'm away.

I'm thinking of getting the MSI GE60 or 70, was just wondering if someone could tell me what these 2 are like performance wise.

They have the GeForce GT650m, 8GBs ram and Intel core i7.

I've got a budget of about £750-800.

10+ Year Old Account
    For that much you can most likely find one with a 660m, which is what you want as the 40 and 50 are really entry level cards, a 660m should compare to the 570m or so. Also, when shopping around for processors pay attention to the core clock speed rather than assuming i7 > i5- especially in laptops where you can find some nice OC'd i5's for cheaper than the i7 rigs.

Deleted
    Try this one if you can stretch to the £850 asking price.

Deleted
    would you also get an ssd for it or leave it how it is?

Deleted
    laptop+gaming=alienware

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    laptop+gaming=alienware
    alienware > OP's budget
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Yeah i was looking at Alienware but all honesty, a bit out of my budget, i could add the extra but i've heard Alienware is a little overpriced for what you get.

Cyber Power systems look good though, i want one with a 17" screen if i can, 15 is a bit small.

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 12:17 PM ----------

I'm actually looking at this one but again it has the 650m, is it really that bad?

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/sy...-9700_Notebook

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    laptop+gaming=alienware
    Not sub-£800. The smallest Alienware costs that much for only a dual-core CPU that's underclocked and a GT650M. In addition, it only comes with 6GB of RAM, as opposed to the MSI GE60 series.

EDIT: if you need the notebook, get that one with the 8GB upgrade - it comes to £835, although you'll probably want the better Wi-Fi/Bluetooth combi, which takes it to around £850.
    Last edited by mmoc5a460f7641; 2013-05-31 at 11:34 AM.

I'd recommend against Alienware even though my current rig is an Alienware pc. I'm not sure about their laptops, but for PCs, they tend to not name brands and give vague descriptions of the parts and put their own cheaper manufactured or other cheap hardware into their machines. With Dell's takeover of Alienware, quality and customer support isn't as good as it is. And yes, they are overpriced but all gaming laptops will be overpriced. I'd take a look at digitalstormonline.com or originpc.com which is run by the original Alienware founders. These are all US based companies though.