Megaera 10n wipes

I have a couple of nights of log data to present:

Night 1, 13 wipes:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a3s8kzhgcadw7dv2/

Night 2, 6 wipes
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/49tyv5r4u82mwm3u/

Our healers had been waiting to dispel cinders while people kite, I told them this was no longer acceptable. I think the healers are still reliant on the holy pally to do most of the cleansing since the holy paladin still has the majority of dispels. What can you tell me? I'm prepared to 4 heal this (I'm the ele shaman and could swap to resto). We die sometime between the last two rampages it seems, not getting cinders dispelled fast enough I think.

We had the same problems when we did Megaera for the first time. If your problems are cinders you no longer have the time to move away and then dispell on the last 3 heads. It has to be immediately and everyone has to move away from the patch. Megaera has a huge hit box so that should not be a problem. Also on the last 3 heads everyone not just your holy pally, everyone has to do their part if they can dispell. As a windwalker monk I use diffuse magic to get rid of it, our enhancement also uses sham rage glyphed to get rid of it. Anything to reduce healing load. You can 4 heal it if you want but with a lack of a dps it will make the fight longer so it is a give or take. As long as you feel comfortable 4 healing it.

We 4 heal it with no blue, 3 heal it with 1 blue in the rotation.
    as it goes on and cinders come out more its a "dispel faster, dont worry about them getting the hell out of the way aspect"...
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I'm sorry, but the issue isn't your dispels or healers, it's your dps. Are you all still dpsing during rampage? You should stack on the next head and dps should burn the head while healers heal. Our kills are in the 6-7 minute range and you are wiping after 7-8 minutes.

Have people stay spread during last head and dispel immediately. We blow BL/TW on head #6 rampage and stack cooldowns for head 7. You really need more dps. Your group seems to hover around 600-650k dps with spikes to 700-750k. My guild hangs around 900-950 and spikes to 1.1 million. It's possible you just need some more gear.

It appears a lot of your wipes start with a tank death. This is likely because you're taking so long to kill heads that breath stacks get too high. Remember tanks coming off red and green need a lot of extra attention. An additional healer could solve this because most deaths occur over 4-5s, but you would also worsen the problem by reducing DPS and potentially getting even more breaths. Your raiders could also just play better. Only one of your healers is consistently breaking 50k HPS, which is low itself on a fight like this and your DPS are similarly low. I imagine your tanks could be doing better as well.

I know there are loads of different strats that work for this boss, but what I would do is:
    • Never kill green
    • Stick with 3 healers
    • Plan your raid cooldowns for Rampages.
    • Use external cooldowns on the tanks when they will need them
    • Ranged need to start at basically max range and run back with Icy Ground
    • Be close to existing Icy Grounds
    • Overlap additional Icy Grounds
    • Dispel Cinders immediately...
    • UNLESS Icy Ground gets messed up, then throw Purity on the target, let them clear the problem area quickly, and dispel as Purity ends

If you don't think your raid can execute that, then do the no blue start:
    • Never kill blue
    • Go to 4 healers
    • Cooldown stuff still applies and don't be afraid to use a few just for Acid Rain (but don't stack); you should need less for Rampages with 4 healers
    • Ranged stay back and spread so Acid Rain doesn't crush tanks/melee and all the ranged don't have to move every time
    • Dispel Cinders immediately

No green is an execution check with always doing Icy Ground properly and the only number checks being Rampage healing and killing heads in <4 breaths. No blue is a pure numbers check that you'd be brute forcing with 4 healers and you really only need to kill heads in <5 breaths or set up tank swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    I'm sorry, but the issue isn't your dispels or healers, it's your dps. Are you all still dpsing during rampage? You should stack on the next head and dps should burn the head while healers heal. Our kills are in the 6-7 minute range and you are wiping after 7-8 minutes.

Have people stay spread during last head and dispel immediately. We blow BL/TW on head #6 rampage and stack cooldowns for head 7. You really need more dps. Your group seems to hover around 600-650k dps with spikes to 700-750k. My guild hangs around 900-950 and spikes to 1.1 million. It's possible you just need some more gear.
    Looking at the world of logs more carefully specifically damage I agree with Ryzzen. Your dps need to maximize their damage and I see a lot of dps at a very low range. You can try to combat this with 4 healing since your dps is a bit lacking and try to survive through most of the damage.
    Last edited by Jonku; 2013-05-30 at 07:41 PM.