Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Child birth is definitely not like the movies! Water doesn't come gushing forth like a broken dam, usually the child's head is in the way, blocking the flow My first, the water broke while I was at the hospital, and that one was messy. The other two, barely any came out until the baby came out.

At any rate, this story is definitely fishy. I believe it's possibly she wasn't aware that she was giving birth, but why would you flush the toilet with the baby in there?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    it was assigned male.
    Sperm doesn't "assign" gender, it is randomly male or female. It wasn't like the dad said, "alright fella's, alright y's in front x's in the back, we are making a boy today."

So what do you mean assigned?

Quote Originally Posted by plumwd View Post
    At any rate, this story is definitely fishy. I believe it's possibly she wasn't aware that she was giving birth, but why would you flush the toilet with the baby in there?
    Squat toilets can basically be porcelain holes in the ground...so "flushing" in this case would be using a bucket or a faucet.

I do find it hard to accept her story at face value, though.

Deleted
    Please dont be China. Please dont be China...
    GOD DAMMIT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    That's sick. There are going to be a lot of lonely men out there competing for women. They might have to invade another country to keep the men happy.
    Or not.

Sex ratio
    At birth: 1.18 male(s)/female (2010 census)
    Under 15: 1.13 male(s)/female (2008 est.)
    15-64 years: 1.06 male(s)/female (2008 est.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Or not.

Sex ratio
    So we don't have to worry about China invading other countries to rape the women then?

Deleted
    So we don't have to worry about China invading other countries to rape the women then?
    Not because they don't have enough women in China. They do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    Please dont be China. Please dont be China...
    GOD DAMMIT
    Oh wow, that's literally what I was saying to myself while opening this thread (well, in Dutch).

Wait...wouldn't the umbilical cord still be attached? If so, how can she possibly pretend this was an accident?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengor View Post
    Wait...wouldn't the umbilical cord still be attached? If so, how can she possibly pretend this was an accident?
    Umbilical cords breaking during delivery is normal.

I'd like to note that I don't really stand anywhere on this subject, but I'd prefer it if I prevented people from going out in the world with incorrect information on childbirth.

My concern is how she attempted to hide signs of the birth, and there being a delay before alerting anyone else to what happened.
    The discussion over whether the birth could have happened accidentally over the toilet or not aside, those actions were intentional.
    Those are the actions of someone thinking very clearly and in full control of their mental faculties.

There should be charges brought.

That's sick. There are going to be a lot of lonely men out there competing for women. They might have to invade another country to keep the men happy.
    The people without women are poor, so the government doesn't care, don't worry.

The women claims the baby just fell into the hole. I don't buy it myself. Chinese toilets, even squatters, are WEAK. You can't even flush tissue, you're supposed to throw it in a nasty basket. Plus she hid the pregnancy, she obviously did it on purpose.

Why no charges? The story has already garnished a lot of international attention. China doesn't like looking bad ("saving face") so they will do everything they can to make it an accident. Keep in mind right now they're publishing a lot of anti american articles right now, so they don't want the attention on how bad their country actually is.

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 12:35 PM ----------

Chinese women use "sex" as their way to force marriage. 9/10 I met are gold diggers looking to raise their families place. The other 1/10 actually marry for love. Sad, but it's just how it goes in this mixed up country. Notice how they target wealthy people only? http://www.scmp.com/comment/blogs/ar...eigner-90-days
    Last edited by iggie; 2013-05-31 at 04:39 AM.

What everyone should take away from this:

"Police later concluded that the incident was an accident and that the woman did not initially come forward because she was frightened, but that she later started telling the truth"

She gave birth in a "squat toilet" and it somehow accidentally went down the pipe (I have no idea how these squat toilets work... shrug). She was afraid to come forward at first.

You made it sound like she was trying to create Ninja Turtles or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    My concern is how she attempted to hide signs of the birth, and there being a delay before alerting anyone else to what happened.
    The discussion over whether the birth could have happened accidentally over the toilet or not aside, those actions were intentional.
    Those are the actions of someone thinking very clearly and in full control of their mental faculties.

There should be charges brought.
    Oh goody, let's encourage people who, for whatever reason, have their baby stuck in a pipe not to come forward. That will surely bring justice to the world and if we need to sacrifice a few babies, so be it!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are quite a few articles out right now detailing how China doesn't actually have enough women. Parents are resorting to pretty wild things there to make sure their male offspring have wives. There are cases of women from other areas - even other countries - being kidnapped and brought to marry men there. I saw something about cases of parents having "sham marriages" for their deceased sons and a random female from a cemetary (they'll pay for the body) so that their sons have a wife for the afterlife. It's kind of nuts.

Here's some more info:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/interna...cle4332304.ece

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8451289.stm

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/ch..._132120086.htm

http://pulitzercenter.org/reporting/...de-trafficking
    Last edited by TirielWoW; 2013-05-31 at 06:24 AM.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if Master Splinter found the child in radioactive waste and decided to make it his next pupil?

10+ Year Old Account
    when i first read this i thought wait what they are charging people for using the sewers now? then i realized it was something entirely different. am sad to see this happened even if it was accidental.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Or not.

Sex ratio
    I agree that the thing about Chinese population control leading to a massive gender balance is a bit exaggerated, however China does have an unusual skew in the older deciles towards men. Normally it leans towards women.

P.S. Fun fact: China has birth control but it still has a significantly higher birth rate than many European nations, for example Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Oh goody, let's encourage people who, for whatever reason, have their baby stuck in a pipe not to come forward. That will surely bring justice to the world and if we need to sacrifice a few babies, so be it!
    The woman who gave birth is the person who reported the stuck baby.

Having a baby out of wedlock is a big stigma still in China. Everyone considers you a used whore and you can't find a hubby easily. She hid the pregnancy for this fact. She did NOT hide the fact the baby was stuck in the pipe.

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I agree that the thing about Chinese population control leading to a massive gender balance is a bit exaggerated, however China does have an unusual skew in the older deciles towards men. Normally it leans towards women.

P.S. Fun fact: China has birth control but it still has a significantly higher birth rate than many European nations, for example Germany.
    Interesting fact: very few Chinese trust anything but condoms. They believe things like birth control pills will harm their womb for later pregnancies. They also tend to avoid those insert kind of tampons and prefer just regular pads to soak it all up.