Have Paladins take over the "title"?

So been wondering recently if Paladins have taken over the "title" of best solo-er in the game?

Been reading up on level 80 Paladins soloing the Lich King and how level 85 and even 90 Paladins have an easier time soloing the Lich King compared to Death Knights.

I've noticed that Blood DKs took a bit hit on their damage since Cataclysm. Would someone be able to confirm this?

But overall are Blood Death Knights still the dominate soloing class like it has always been or have Prot Paladins simply taken over?

Exploiting the Parry Bug =/= Better at Soloing, as far as the 85/80 paladins are concerned.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs are still the best class to solo stuff.

Don't really know if they're better or not, but DK are still great at soloing and imo, still has that epic and unique feeling of a hero class tanking with a 2H weapon and bashing away at their opponents.

Deleted
    About LK25H, I did it both on paladin (90, ilvl507 when killing) and recently on a DK (90, ilvl502), and yes, it was way easier on paladin, for 3 reasons:
    1 - On paladin haste makes waste, if you don't have palaidin in prot-haste build it's hard to describe the feeling of what haste makes with your char.
    2 - Parry Bug mentioned above? Never heard of. There's a proc called Grand Crusader, reseting cooldown on Avenger Shield, that activates from dodge, parry and crusader strikes. That makes fight a lot easier, as you have dozens adds that you dodge/parry a lot, and you can ignore them. While soaking dmg for vengeance it can crit for around 1Mil.
    3 - Lack of skill in playing DK - hard to say if I killed it because while progressing I got gear from 496 to 502, or I got experience over >150 wipes.

There are fights like Morchok, that was pain for my paladin and laught for DK with 20ilvl lower gear and 0 skill. Not sure if any paladin soloed Yogg25+0 yet.
    Im not 100% sure if example of LK25H fight is best example here, there are harder fights to solo.

And about 85/80s of any class.. Locking xp to get insane ratio/point multiplier, buying all gear of AH to get insane amounts of avoidance+haste+crit+mastery.. Yea, skill like hell.

The parry bug is level 80 characters wearing something with 500+ parry on it from greens/blues from Mists content, pushing them up to around 90-100% avoidance, because of how rating scales.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    I havn't ever seen any green from MoP that fits on lvl80 char (wtb if any, maybe I'll twink a lot like all those scrubs).
    I found some char on my realm rezzed up by SoR to 80 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jardu/advanced
    Dodge 10.82% - 383 rating = +5.64%
    Parry 32.34% - 289 rating = +4.26%
    That parry comes from strength (at this toon its 1036). At lvl80 there are not much items from MoP with strength. When I calculated it when MoP was about to come live it was like.. 1700 str or something? Plus fact that it's before diminishing returns makes me even more doubtful is it possible to get 100% avoid.
    I'm currently leveling 2nd paladin, maybe I'll check it one day.

edit:
    Ofc yes, reforging. But for soloing purposes I feel haste>crit>mastery is way more powerfull than reforging into avoid (mastery due to using server-lag with sotr-reduction buff, not sure if it's still working - I mean vengeance is capped so you wont get millions this way as it was shown on few videos, but it may work to get more vengeance than intended)
    Last edited by mmoc3a2f805a1a; 2013-05-31 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    I havn't ever seen any green from MoP that fits on lvl80 char (wtb if any, maybe I'll twink a lot like all those scrubs).
    I found some char on my realm rezzed up by SoR to 80 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jardu/advanced
    Dodge 10.82% - 383 rating = +5.64%
    Parry 32.34% - 289 rating = +4.26%
    That parry comes from strength (at this toon its 1036). At lvl80 there are not much items from MoP with strength. When I calculated it when MoP was about to come live it was like.. 1700 str or something? Plus fact that it's before diminishing returns makes me even more doubtful is it possible to get 100% avoid.
    I'm currently leveling 2nd paladin, maybe I'll check it one day.

edit:
    Ofc yes, reforging. But for soloing purposes I feel haste>crit>mastery is way more powerfull than reforging into avoid (mastery due to using server-lag with sotr-reduction buff, not sure if it's still working - I mean vengeance is capped so you wont get millions this way as it was shown on few videos, but it may work to get more vengeance than intended)
    You actually get a ton of non-plate pieces and reforge into parry and such. DKs can easily reach unhittablility at lvl 80 with gear (Granted, thats a 2 hander vs 1 hander+shield)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    The parry bug is level 80 characters wearing something with 500+ parry on it from greens/blues from Mists content, pushing them up to around 90-100% avoidance, because of how rating scales.
    How's that a bug at all?
    Seems they just used the tools Blizzard gave them.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    How's that a bug at all?
    Seems they just used the tools Blizzard gave them.
    That's what's called a Unintended Error, they never expected people to laboriously farm rare gear and stack it just to solo outdated content.

It's unintended, but eh. It's still a bug.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You actually get a ton of non-plate pieces and reforge into parry and such. DKs can easily reach unhittablility at lvl 80 with gear (Granted, thats a 2 hander vs 1 hander+shield)
    Yes, I know about the gear (I even still have list of those pieces).
    What I'm not sure - let's say you're unhittable. As a DK maybe you'll have enough dps to make it before berserk, not rly sure about paladin. That's why I said in edition of my post, that I would reforge myself into haste>crit>>avoid, to reach berserk requirements. Why? I can't dodge spells. Assume any spell at berserk will kill me anyway, no matter if I have 50% avoidance or 100%.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that Blizz allowed some of the random BoE blues to have a ridiculously low min level to wear for something with stats more aimed at a level ~87-88 leveling character is the problem with most of the "80 Prot Paladins soloing the world" bullshit.

It's like they had some random intern do the databasing entry for those pieces and never had someone with a clue doublecheck the work.

15+ Year Old Account
    MCing the Scientists in IC probably wasn't really intended either.

But I doubt Blizzard will do anything about it unless it affects current content. On the contrary, they've made stuff more soloable AND added content to old instances.

Deleted
    80's Paladins soloing the world was matter of SoTR-buff, mastery stacking and server-lag.
    In short:
    You stack mastery to have like 99.5% reduction after SoTR. Hit for 50k incoming, you cast SoTR applying 99.5% reduction just after hit. Server thinks "omg he got 50k hit ofer 99.5% reduction" and counts vengeance from "unmitigated" damage of like 10Mil. That's hell lot of vengeance. Apart of being able to take down 100M in few hits, you had also Sacred Shield absorbing couple milions of dmg every 3secs. That's the reason of soloing.
    Glad they capped vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It boils down to the mechanics of a fight. Some a paladin will outshine a death knight, but almost 9 times out of 10 an equally geared and skilled death knight will have a lot easier time tackling down a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Paladins will never be able to solo old content as well as DKs do. DKs have better survivability than Paladins when it comes to not getting heals from external sources(Healers). Warriors might take the least damage, but they have no way to heal that damage taken, making them bad at soloing. Self heals is all that matters, and DKs have an arsenal of very good utility for soloing such as:
    -AMS(Negates(most) debuffs on a fight)
    -IB(Breaks Stuns)
    -LB(Break from Fear and also self heals)
    -Chillblains(Slow)
    -AoE Grip / AoE Stun
    -Disease spread on Blood boil through Roiling Blood talent and also refresh through Blood passive(syncs well with Chillblains slow)

It's mostly the tool set that makes a good solo class, I believe AoE Grip is the most overpowered talent in the game currently, there are so many places where it is so invaluable and eases up certain solo-content bosses as well as current tier raids.