Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord DrMcNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Training with Batman in the Batcave
    Posts
    856

    Guess the 5.4 notes!

    Copied from the warlock thread, what are your predictions for the 5.4 patch notes?

    Paladin

    NEW SPELL: <Insert Cataclysm Sacred Shield with a new name>

    Ret: Sanctity of Battle now also reduces damage taken by 10%
    WoW without flying is like having Pizza, instead of flying right over it

  2. #2
    Sacred Shield is now base-line for protection paladins only. It has been renamed to "Holy Shield" and uses the Holy Shield icon.

    The Sacred Shield talent has been replaced with the Cataclysm version of the spell.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  3. #3
    Sword of Light: Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 10%.(Down from 30%)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RG7620 View Post
    Sword of Light: Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 10%.(Down from 30%)
    Wow. Get outta here bro.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  5. #5
    I don't wanna! I feel like we're going to get nerfed someway like always.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans icausewipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Medusa Cascade
    Posts
    2,546
    Judgements will dissolve the current seal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSaTHsHNsc
    Greatest Dr Who video ever made.

  7. #7
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Judgements will dissolve the current seal.
    Stop! No! Don't! Don't play with my heart like that. You can't play with my heart like that.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Stop! No! Don't! Don't play with my heart like that. You can't play with my heart like that.
    the good days. thats why i wish it was a glyph maybe make inquisition permantly always on but judgements consume seals and also no way to macro them together to cheat it

    also sacred shield is cooler as it was in wrath and mop then cata. always on is beast

  9. #9
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    the good days. thats why i wish it was a glyph maybe make inquisition permantly always on but judgements consume seals and also no way to macro them together to cheat it
    I'd take that glyph soooo fast. DPS loss or not.

    Consumable seals were a blast, it added something awesome to the class that I miss VERY much.

    I don't mind the concept of having something to "manage" like Inquisition, I just wish what we were managing were more dynamic and fun, like said consumable seals. Make seal twisting a lot more fun as well.

    Glad to see more people think this way!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I'd take that glyph soooo fast. DPS loss or not.

    Consumable seals were a blast, it added something awesome to the class that I miss VERY much.

    I don't mind the concept of having something to "manage" like Inquisition, I just wish what we were managing were more dynamic and fun, like said consumable seals. Make seal twisting a lot more fun as well.

    Glad to see more people think this way!
    I fail to see how judgement consuming seals is fun in any possible way. The nostalgia is powerful once again.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  11. #11
    stole this one from wowhead because i thought it was funny

    "added a model to griftahs authentic troll shoes cant believe we missed that"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  12. #12

  13. #13
    sword of light down to 20%
    Cataclysm Sacred Shield as talent or as passiv with new name.
    glyphe of inquisition makes it passiv (a man can have dreams )

  14. #14
    Drastic change to eternal flame to make it not the only viable choice in the tree for Holy. Just kidding..but I think it may get nerfed, I hope not though.

  15. #15
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I fail to see how judgement consuming seals is fun in any possible way. The nostalgia is powerful once again.
    In it's old form it was clumsy and awkward (even moreso when it was in it's weird teen years and had a 2 minute duration instead, albeit IMO still enjoyable) and there is plenty of room for it to be worked and improved, however the consumed seals were a ton of fun. No nostalgia hazing here. Plenty of changes that were made for the better, however I think the removal of consumed seals took away something from the class, and was sad to see it removed as opposed to worked on. I miss SotC (especially when it had dat TBC animation). They could work it out better though.

    Seals being off of GCD would be the first step to this (incurring too), that way you can apply the seal a lot more easily and freely. Switching between them when you can too. An improved seal system as well would be nice, and they can add much more depth and complexity to it. I always dream of them working seals and exorcism together.

    I don'd mind having something extra to manage at all, but when it comes down to it Inquisition is boring, I much rather have consumable seals take the place of that "pay attention" kind of deal.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I fail to see how judgement consuming seals is fun in any possible way. The nostalgia is powerful once again.
    I fail to see how a copy paste rogue rotation is fun in any possible way (lets face it that is what current ret is)

  17. #17
    Holy: Successful judgements will heal the 6 closest melee for the damage done (10 yard range)
    Holy: Eternal Flame: Re-worked - Initial heal only benefits from mastery

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,718
    Like I and other rets said in MoP beta SoL needs to be buffed every tier because our scaling is pretty shit, prob going to see SoL to 35-40%.
    Other than that I really hope Hammer of the Righteous loses the target requirement and our AoEs get a 10-12 range (AoE).
    I also think Censure needs a 100% buff (the spellpower scaling bit) atm it does 10% of our SP, in order for us to step up on cleave it needs to do 20% of our SP.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Like I and other rets said in MoP beta SoL needs to be buffed every tier because our scaling is pretty shit, prob going to see SoL to 35-40%.
    Other than that I really hope Hammer of the Righteous loses the target requirement and our AoEs get a 10-12 range (AoE).
    I also think Censure needs a 100% buff (the spellpower scaling bit) atm it does 10% of our SP, in order for us to step up on cleave it needs to do 20% of our SP.
    I think censure's damage is fine, it's just a pain in the ass to spread it and keep it rolling on 3+ targets.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  20. #20
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Sacred Shield is now base-line for protection paladins only. It has been renamed to "Holy Shield" and uses the Holy Shield icon.

    The Sacred Shield talent has been replaced with the Cataclysm version of the spell.
    So sacred shield would be a self defense only? Yea not happening.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •