Thread: New Laptop

New Laptop

Hey, so having been a big wow & d2 in the past ive decided to give diablo 3 a try and maybe get back into wow.
    however I find myself computerless so I've decided to buy a laptop because the missus has just bought a gigantic rabbit who likes to chew the hell out of wires al over the show.

I was just wondering if anyone could let me know if this laptop would be sufficient. I'm not too bothered about it running on max settings so don't take that into account,

The forum won't let me post links as I'm a new member but the laptop is an 'Acer Aspire V3-571G Core i5 Windows 8 Gaming Laptop in Black'

any input would be much appreciated and I would be indebted to you for life.

Cheers

Waddle

Can You Run It? is a good srouce of information regarding these issues.

Edit: I will accept payments in blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Aye, it would be my first stop but I have yet to purchase a laptop so don't want to commit £460 and it not run the game!

Looking at its specs, it might suffer even on medium settings, forcing you to go low, and even then, crowded environments such as 25 man raids n whatnot may become annoying. Might you consider adding just a bit more cash and going for something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834152388 .. Win7 as opposed to the Acer's Win8 (a plus to many), better GPU 2gb video memory (VS 1gb in the Acer) Definitely better for gaming. And people have been generally happier with MSI when it comes to low end gaming laptops.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Out of interest would it be good enough for diablo 3 alone!

I highly doubt ill play wow too much, especially wouldn't be doing any 25 mans!

Sorry to be a pain in the arse.