So what did they do to the FPS?

I hadnt logged in forever until a couple days ago so i went to check out the new density in Act 1.

What did they do to the FPS with the game? o.o

I am a WW bard and dear god, why does the FPS drop so low after so many months in the same exact computer? I understand that there are like +10 mobs on the screen now but thats not any different than the scorpion packs in Act 3 back then.

Those of you still playing, what the hell did they do? (PC is i7 2600K/GTX 580, i know my shit around a PC.)

Deleted
    Didn't notice any big hit on my FPS on a machine I've got a 9800GTX in. Weird if your 580 is out of breath in D3. Then again, this particular setup is on WinXP with Dx9. Might be the reason? Perhaps D3 isn't optimized for Dx11. That's what you're using, right?

Haven't noticed anything, even have the game back on the HDD because I wanted some space for games that actually benefit from it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I hadnt logged in forever until a couple days ago so i went to check out the new density in Act 1.

I am a WW bard and dear god, why does the FPS drop so low after so many months in the same exact computer? I understand that there are like +10 mobs on the screen now but thats not any different than the scorpion packs in Act 3 back then.

Those of you still playing, what the hell did they do? (PC is i7 2600K/GTX 580, i know my shit around a PC.)
    The first couple groups of monsters I whirl through drop my FPS like that as well, but after that it's smooth as butter. The spikes in the first couple seconds are what Blizzard refers to as "resource stalls" in StarCraft 2 where the game is fetching data from the server. That's pretty normal, but if you're constantly having low FPS while playing then perhaps you have an issue on your end somewhere.

Deleted
    If you google "diablo 3 FPS fix" you will find a lot of videos on it, its just to do with your diablo3 prefs file. I had the same thing as you and once i changed a few settings in the prefs file it was fine. I hope this helps you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Did you set the sound channels to High (128) (ESC-Options-Sound)? If so, try lowering them to the default Low (32).

Also, do you have any video driver profile tweaks to AA? If so, set them back to default.

You could also try setting Shadow Quality to High instead of High (Smooth). Smooth requires more processing power, it basicly adds a blur effect to smooth out the edges.

EDIT: What's the posts below mine? Are you guys just upping your post count? Because you're both pointless.
    Last edited by mmoc9e3819584c; 2013-05-31 at 06:04 PM.

Never had fps drop in D3, might be your computer.

No change here, game runs silky smooth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The spikes in the first couple seconds are what Blizzard refers to as "resource stalls" in StarCraft 2 where the game is fetching data from the server. That's pretty normal, but if you're constantly having low FPS while playing then perhaps you have an issue on your end somewhere.
    How is that normal? Can't they just preload the stuff so we don't have to deal with those spikes? It doesn't seem very professional.

For the record, I also get low FPS when doing multiplayer with wizards. But it's probably just my semi-old computer not being able to take so many effects at once. Playing with full group of any of the other classes works fine though. Guess wizards are just resource extensive.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-05-31 at 06:12 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How is that normal? Can't they just preload the stuff so we don't have to deal with those spikes? It doesn't seem very professional.
    I think it's pretty shitty, but it's normal, for Blizzard. In StarCraft 2 there is a custom map that pre-loads every unit and animation and is one of the top used maps, just to avoid this issue in ladder games. Yeah, it does seem pretty unprofessional, and according to Blizzard it's something they're "working on." - But it's been several months now.

Deleted
    I get the jerk when entering an area too, but that's like a couple seconds of hours of playtime, so I don't really consider that as anything significant. Obviously has to be taken into account when entering areas for the first time so as not to die instantly but it's not really an issue one way or another.

It also has absolutely nothing to do with the graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How is that normal? Can't they just preload the stuff so we don't have to deal with those spikes?
    They do preload. They just do it when first engaging monsters.

See, they stream the game to your client. This way they save a crapton of network traffic, because there's a ton of people opening games just to access their stash, to remove gear, to change gear, and so on, constantly. There's also a ton of people doing the arenas nowadays.

If they preloaded all the monster crap and other shit that causes the jerk, each time a player opens a game just to go cycle through an ink vendor inventory or to remove gems from gear so they can sell the gear in the AH or something similar, or the arena games, or face to face trading, there'd be a huge amount of extra traffic and extra calls on their hardware, for absolutely no reason. This way they only do it when it's absolutely necessary.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2013-05-31 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    See, they stream the game to your client. This way they save a crapton of network traffic, because there's a ton of people opening games just to access their stash, to remove gear, to change gear, and so on, constantly. There's also a ton of people doing the arenas nowadays.

If they preloaded all the monster crap and other shit that causes the jerk, each time a player opens a game just to go cycle through an ink vendor inventory or to remove gems from gear so they can sell the gear in the AH or something similar, or the arena games, or face to face trading, there'd be a huge amount of extra traffic and extra calls on their hardware, for absolutely no reason. This way they only do it when it's absolutely necessary.
    That's bullshit. When it's inconvenience to a paying customer, expenses on their end should matter something like ZERO.

They pushed the system out and it's their responsibility to make sure that it works in all situations.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    That's bullshit. When it's inconvenience to a paying customer, expenses on their end should matter something like ZERO.

They pushed the system out and it's their responsibility to make sure that it works in all situations.
    Yeah, I don't think this is a question of expenses.

Also, their legal responsibilities towards the people who have bought Diablo 3 are very few, if any. That's not really even up for discussion. What is up for discussion of course is everyone's individual opinion on what they are entitled to, and so on. Then again, looking at your signature, this is as useful a discussion as one about religion with a religious person would be, so let's drop it.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2013-05-31 at 10:05 PM.

I don't think asking for a product you paid for to be fully functional is outrageous. In fact that is what person is entitled to.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988