Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So is Irn Bru shipped anywhere... wait, I'll just google to see...

Ah, yes, but not to my state. But I can get it in my hometown, so maybe this summer - I'll have to check it out.
    Last edited by Theodoxus; 2013-05-31 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Additional information

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    So is Irn Bru shipped anywhere... wait, I'll just google to see...

Ah, yes, but not to my state. But I can get it in my hometown, so maybe this summer - I'll have to check it out.
    If this is the US I don't believe "proper" Bru is shipped there, I believe there's an ingredient which is banned under US law much in the same way proper Mountain Dew is banned in the EU. I think there's licensed versions for the US market though, can't say I went looking for it when I was there though.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    It's funny at first, but embarrassing after a while, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Irn Bru is sold abroad - it's apparently very popular in Russia of all places! But aye the Bru adverts have been brilliant for a wee while, just skirting that line between obscenity & humour perfectly.
    Here in the states you can find Irn Bru by the metric fuckton at Highland Games events, but absolutely nowhere else that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    If this is the US I don't believe "proper" Bru is shipped there, I believe there's an ingredient which is banned under US law much in the same way proper Mountain Dew is banned in the EU. I think there's licensed versions for the US market though, can't say I went looking for it when I was there though.
    The only ingredients that are different here stateside are two food dyes. The US formulation tastes exactly the same as far as I can tell, and the color appears the same as well. If there is a difference in color, it's too slight for me to see. The only US importer of Irn Bru is a company here in Charlotte NC called Great Scot International.
    Last edited by Urti; 2013-05-31 at 10:11 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus