Deleted

Blood DK trinket question

Hey there, so I'm playing in a casual raiding guild where currently we only down Jin'Rokh 10m normal in ToT. That's also why my gearing question is only about those trinkets I have access to.
    My question would be what the best choice of trinkets would be out of the given.

Trinkets I have (access to):

Relic of Niuzao ilvl 476
    Stuff of Nightmares ilvl 483
    Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage ilvl 489
    Fortitude of the Zandalari ilvl 502
    Soul Barrier ilvl 502
    Steadfast Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault ilvl 522

For the moment HP isn't such a big issue for me, as I'm sitting comfortably at 650k unbuffed, in addition to 145% mastery, 24,5% parry and 11,5% dodge.

As I understand from reading guides, BiS lists etc, the trinkets from Ji-Kun and Animus are kinda crap, whereas the Soul Barrier trinket from Lei Shen is one the best out there, even in lfr-quality. Now, is this true, and which of the above mentioned trinkets would fit the best with it?
    Or ranking all of them in an order of best -> worst would also be extremely helpful.

My guess would be Soul Barrier, paired with either the Shado-Pan Assault one or the Fortitude of the Zandalari, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    I'd go with Barrier and Lao-Chin's and I would swap the later with Fortitude to try a different set up. You should also try Shado-Pan with Animus' one on fights with a lot of adds.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post
    My guess would be Soul Barrier, paired with either the Shado-Pan Assault one or the Fortitude of the Zandalari, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Thanks in advance.
    You said it yourself that you don't need more stam, so going for more mastery or a DPS trinket makes more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    On fights where your health isn't an issue, go for the Shado Pan + LFR Ji-Kun trinkets. If you're getting in to harder content, go for the Shado Pan + LFR Lei-Shen trinkets. The Shado Pan trinket is the best you're going to have access to for a while, and the 2nd one will be more fight dependent.

Also, the Relic is atrocious for DKs (my opinion of course).

I'm rolling VP Trinket and Fortitude of Zandalari on almost all normal modes, with them upgraded(to 530 both) I have 215.09% unbuffed. I do carry LFR Lei Shen trinket for the stamina if I need it on a fight(swapping out VP Trinket, since health CD from Zandalari is really nice).

Trinkets on a tank depend on fight-by-fight basis. If the fight has a lot of magic damage going off(Magaera being the perfect example this tier), you want to use stuff that boosts your health to act as a buffer for healers. On the other hand, there are fights where you need to have a certain health level to survive boss attacks, Horridon heroic being the best example or Ji-Kun heroic depending how geared your tanks are at that point.

@OP: I'm curious why you only have 147% Mastery, it should be the most prioritized stat because of how the class/spec works.

650k unbuffed HP is way more than you need, it's sufficient for heroic Jinrokh rather than normal. I'm doing a few heroic modes and I'm only at 700k unbuffed.
    You should work on your mastery first and foremost, in my opinion it is very low. For that reason I'd suggest you use the mastery trinkets (Steadfast Talisman of the Shado-pan Assault and Fortitude of the Zandalari), consider swapping one out for the Lei-Shen stamina trinket if magic damage becomes an issue.
    If you're gemming stamina, stop it and pump out some more mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    You should also try Shado-Pan with Animus' one on fights with a lot of adds.
    Like what - 200 adds?

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    @OP: I'm curious why you only have 147% Mastery, it should be the most prioritized stat because of how the class/spec works.
    Probably using dodge+parry gear while gemming for stamina because those avoidance/hp values seem way too high.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-06-02 at 09:11 AM.

I'd go with Barrier and Lao-Chin's and I would swap the later with Fortitude to try a different set up. You should also try Shado-Pan with Animus' one on fights with a lot of adds.
    the animus trinket is probably the worst trinket ever.
    ever.
    you'd almost be better off leaving the trinket slot empty.

seriously can't even believe anyone would recommend that trinket outside of a fucking joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Like what - 200 adds?
    I sincerly don't know, I was just saying a different combo to test out.

I sincerly don't know, I was just saying a different combo to test out.
    shhhh
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

stop talking

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice.
    I'm gemming mainly pure mastery, and a few mastery+parry/stamina to match the sockets when needed. Reforging of course into mastery #1, then exp/hit cap, and then into parry and dodge. Would it be advisable to switch some of the parry/dodge items with dps-ones with mastery/haste to buff more mastery and also to increase dps-output? Up until now I was mainly concerned with pushing the avoidance stats to stay alive, but as of now I'm definitely looking outside of the box as I'm staying alive comfortable through any of the encounters we do.

Saying you go for Mastery and have 147% only seems fishy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    the animus trinket is probably the worst trinket ever.
    ever.
    you'd almost be better off leaving the trinket slot empty.

seriously can't even believe anyone would recommend that trinket outside of a fucking joke.
    i recommend it for trash tanking like 10groups.
    jk, if you tank 10mobs it should procc 1~/min, thats theotical fine, but never happens. plus its not the worst trinket ever, that jikun tank trinket is even more poop

Deleted
    After a bit more switching around, with both mastery trinkets (shado-pan & zandalari) I'd now be around 180% mastery...I'd guess that would be enough for an ilvl of 515, or is that still too low? I just recently went into tanking so I may still have some errors in my gear...but thanks so far for all the input.
    Last edited by mmoc51c778c914; 2013-06-02 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    shhhh
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

stop talking
    I was just giving a different combo to try out, I never said it was BiS nor it was a good combo so what's the problem?

Calm down, read my post again and count to 10 before posting stuff like that again, please.

Calm down, read my post again and count to 10 before posting stuff like that again, please.
    "You should try" sounds like you were recommending it.....

Also judging by your recent posts about Blood DK topics you may want to get a clue before posting stuff like that again, please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    "You should try" sounds like you were recommending it.....

Also judging by your recent posts about Blood DK topics you may want to get a clue before posting stuff like that again, please.
    "You should" sound like a suggestion, not a recommendation. Otherwise I would have said "You have to".

Don't worry about me, I got more than a clue about DKs.

But this isn't the topic of the thread so let's finish it now, please.