Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So.... How Are Us Arms Warriors Doing In PvP?

I don't know tbh. I do not really PvP until I am max level, because I always get crushed by people four level higher than me otherwise. Anyways, are arms warriors still the preferred spec for PvP, and would you say we are doing ok during BG's and Arenas. Please do not yell at me, I am just curious, and have not done much PvP in the last year or so.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I do not respond to any questions for a while.

Arms warriors are trash right now, no point in playing one when you can play a DK. I'm speaking strictly arenas. Warriors needs some serious buffs. Above 1800 rated players, only 3% are warriors.

Having a blast in battlegrounds.

Arenas.... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Arms warriors are trash right now, no point in playing one when you can play a DK. I'm speaking strictly arenas. Warriors needs some serious buffs. Above 1800 rated players, only 3% are warriors.
    Same thing in BG's I assume?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the best, not the worst, if there is anything this class is suffering from at the moment, it's homogenization. Many classes have gained group utility while we've lost well over half of our toolset in transition from Cata to Mists.

I am eager for another class overhaul, except this time it will actually be needed. I'm still amazed at how Fury actually even came out pretty decent in this nightmare car crash direction of the class. It's awe-inspiring.

Same thing in BG's I assume?
    depends on what kind of gear you have

though, i think that applies to everyone, even though being a warrior with no gear is particularly an unenjoyable experience.

Mostly Tyrannical Arms here and just tear through people in BG's. mad fun. arena, unless playing burst comp with rogue, hunter, feral and specced d.roar, not even worth it.

Hunters are king of the castle atm. If u want to play a melee class, go dk or enhance shaman imo.

i am sorry to inform you that warriors are the worst melee in pvp atm.

Worst melee in the game and it's only going to get worse after hunters are hotfixed nerfed.
    Mages counter warriors, hunters counter mages, less hunters = more mages, = less warriors, and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Mostly Tyrannical Arms here and just tear through people in BG's. mad fun. arena, unless playing burst comp with rogue, hunter, feral and specced d.roar, not even worth it.
    Thanks to 65% baseline res i have a totally different picture here, assuming that those foes actually hitting their defensive abilities it's really hard to come by. Of course i can still kill people with swifty macro if they don't pay attention but they will hurt me despite worse gear when they pop dispersion/deterrence or just regular self cooldown. Especially in bgs with no pocket healer and everyone as his mom applying root/snares it's really annoying to play as warrior alone.

Currently i play arena only in 2s, regulary in a double dps combo with anyone willing and it still feels really good with the amount of pressure i can apply on top of aoe fear/aoe stun/aoe slow.

Defense is really good with 25% def stance + dbts making you almost immune vs most melee for a decent amount of time, but i still get eaten alive by decent mages and oh my what happened to Rets? Doesn't feel like a 15% buff, more like a 51% damage increase. When they pop wings i'll die in 9/10 trys even when i avoid them as good as i can. Hunter are scary as hell, 8 seconds roots on a 25s cooldown + pet-cc + scatter-trap with beastial wrath, power shot and zoo? I've a really hard time even connecting, most of the time i almost die the global when they pop stampede (fear them all) and they just can sit it out with deterrence while i get hit in the back from his pet.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-06-08 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Worst melee in the game and it's only going to get worse after hunters are hotfixed nerfed.
    Mages counter warriors, hunters counter mages, less hunters = more mages, = less warriors, and so on.

bunch of noobs on this forum, you can still easily get 2200 + in 3's running a comp without a hunter.

we do very well against mages.

mages do very well against bad players.

In 5.1 I rolled a warrior for 5.2 pvp and in 5.2 I rolled a rogue for 5.3 pvp. Infinite sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    In 5.1 I rolled a warrior for 5.2 pvp and in 5.2 I rolled a rogue for 5.3 pvp. Infinite sadness.
    Such is the life of a FoTM player.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    bunch of noobs on this forum, you can still easily get 2200 + in 3's running a comp without a hunter.

we do very well against mages.

mages do very well against bad players.
    you must be a mage

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    you must be a mage
    most definitely a warrior.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kagan/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    your arena performance, while impressive, is hardly representative of how (badly) the class is performing in arenas overall. please stop stroking yourself at everyone elses expense. you should also give your teammates some credit.

Personally, I'm having fun. If you're looking to reroll FotW to shoot for Glad or something, Warrior's probably a pretty bad plan. Can you compete and do well though? Absolutely! Do we hit hard and supply a ton of burst? Absolutely! Are there numerous comps that are competitive and fun? Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsword View Post
    your arena performance, while impressive, is hardly representative of how (badly) the class is performing in arenas overall. please stop stroking yourself at everyone elses expense. you should also give your teammates some credit.

?? maybe you should look on improving yourself, and stop blaming the class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7s2XriSPy0

your arena performance, while impressive
    Out of curiosity 50% 2,1k rating is impressive nowadays ?
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-06-10 at 12:45 AM.

his performance made me giggle. barely 50% win ratio with like what 700+ games played ? rofl

totally agree with what u are saying tho