10+ Year Old Account

mh dagger oh sword ?

as subtlety u dont need 2x daggers right ? we want dagger in mh for backstab, but in oh could be anything.

is 2xdagger a must, and if so, then why ?

and im talking from a pvp pov, should work same for pve too

An OH dagger is better. Poison proc chance is just a flat %, not normalized at all, so more attacks nets more procs and more damage. A dagger swings faster than a sword, so you'll get more procs and more damage with a dagger than a sword.

1 1h sword, thats it

10+ Year Old Account
    Specifically for PvE, and specifically if your dagger options are very limited and your non-dagger options aren't (bad bad bad bad RNG), there may come a point where a 2.6 OH is ahead; i.e. probably only if you DON'T have spiritsever/gem, and the 2.6 is many ilevel over the dagger option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really recommend Daggers for PvP, due to Ambush and Backstab.

I would never recommend anyone to ever play Sub for PvE, it's worthless to say the least.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Since there are no fast swords anymore, a dagger in OH is really really recommended (read: you must use a dagger).

The only "option" is to ditch backstab and use only Hemo with a slow MH - but in the end it's not really an option give the amount of damage BS does.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

I would never recommend anyone to ever play Sub for PvE, it's worthless to say the least.
    Just backstab. The difference with ambush trivial and I really don't get why people keep mentioning it. If you could backstab with a sword, it would be completely viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Ambush is about the same with a dagger or sword. Backstab is an argument, but it's not as rewarding to backstab as it is in PvE (Backstab spends more energy for more damage and less combo points, a trade off that is much more valid in PvP where you need things like kidney shot). A rogue running a mainhand sword as sub would be better off with the same item level of dagger in PvP, but likely not one even slightly worse.

As to OP's original question- I'm with Muga. The sword would need to be substantially better to make up for the offhand dagger's poison procs. Shadowcraft and Simcraft should be able to answer the question, but I would expect you would need more than one tier's item level to make up for that.

It is not worthless. I can't make my mutilate numbers yet, but I'm getting closer. More relevantly, it has more and better burst phases than mutilate, giving it advantages on some fights where that is more important than sustained.

Deleted
    Two daggers without doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    as subtlety u dont need 2x daggers right ? we want dagger in mh for backstab, but in oh could be anything.

is 2xdagger a must, and if so, then why ?

and im talking from a pvp pov, should work same for pve too
    You right in that its not a MUST, other then the dagger needs to be in your Mainhand to so that Backstab can be used. Ideally, double dagger is best due to swing timers and poison (as stated above by others) but if you don't have a dagger Offhand, then any other weapon will be fine. None of your abilities other then Shiv/Mutilate use your Offhand weapon. (I still might be wrong about Shiv)

But no, unless its Mutilate and Shiv, all Rogue abilities use the Mainhand for damaging abilities.

Killing spree uses off hand, too.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-06-07 at 07:44 PM.