Thread: SimC

SimC

So, I just downloaded SimulationCraft and am trying to get myself the best stat weights and priorities for gear, but I've run the sim twice and got rather different results. For example my first sim resulted with haste at 3.65, crit at 1.06 and mastery at 1.60 - My second resulted at haste with 3.71 and crit and mastery over 2.0 each.

Is there any way to make sure to get more accurate results?

If you're going for stat weights, use a minimum of 10k iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Alright, so always 10k iterations. Check. Another thing I'm seeing is once it does all the stat scaling it shows on the bottom Reforge Crit to haste to mastery - But it never finishes.. Does that take a while, or should I just stop trying to get the reforge plots?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ph03NiX View Post
    Alright, so always 10k iterations. Check. Another thing I'm seeing is once it does all the stat scaling it shows on the bottom Reforge Crit to haste to mastery - But it never finishes.. Does that take a while, or should I just stop trying to get the reforge plots?
    Yes plotting takes some time. Even more when you've checked 10k iterations You can see how the green line and how far it's on/what it's doing which is good - but it takes time. Just do some cleaning or other stuff meanwhile.

Also note that SimC uses one thread by default. You can change this to the number of cores you have on your CPU to speed up the processing.