Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Imagine that, living in tornado alley and getting hit by tornadoes, who would have thunk that? As bad as people living on flood plains and when they get floods they are suprised. Move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Imagine that, living in tornado alley and getting hit by tornadoes, who would have thunk that? As bad as people living on flood plains and when they get floods they are suprised. Move.
    They really aren't that surprised though... Everyone else around them is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Ironically, you would only know it was common for tornadoes to be there if people already lived there. I have to agree though. Why people live in places with active volcanoes, tornadoes all the time, constantly ravaged by hurricanes, etc is beyond me. The worst thing we get in Ohio is some snow, but it's mild typically. Even in SC where I lived for 18 yrs the hurricanes were never that bad.
    And the elderly who have lived in Moore for their entire lives have never been in a tornado. The probability is so minuscule that no one really worries about it. You have just as good of a chance of dying in a hurricane in SC than you do being in a tornado in Oklahoma.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    See I like it when people who have no idea what they are talking about talk. The odds of being killed by a tornado are pretty damn slim. They call the region tornado alley because tornados often ravage through the region...not because they ravage houses regularly. Most of the region is made of farm land...and MOST of the time tornadoes pass through that empty farm land.

Can you suffer property damage? SURE! but that happens anywhere you live. ANYWHERE.

Some fun facts. I've lived in OKC my entire 32 years of life. I have seen with my own eyes exactly one tornado. I've been close to a few, sure, but I've only really been slightly concerned exactly once. And even then I suffered no property damage or injury. Nor did it end up coming close to me. The one tornado I saw i stupidly went out to look for. 32 years and I am not the exception...I am the standard.

Fun fact. The odds of dying in a tornado are something like 1 in 4.5 million.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    And the elderly who have lived in Moore for their entire lives have never been in a tornado. The probability is so minuscule that no one really worries about it. You have just as good of a chance of dying in a hurricane in SC than you do being in a tornado in Oklahoma.
    Honestly I am FAR more concerned about what I am going to be eating for dinner than being caught in a tornado...even when Mike Morgan and Gary England says one might be coming.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    They really aren't that surprised though... Everyone else around them is.
    More like the new is going for the low hanging fruit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    More like the new is going for the low hanging fruit.
    I use a VERY broad definition of "around".