Metal Gear Solid question

I haven't played any MGS games in many years, but I recall playing a particular installment of it where one of the side missions or easter eggs is that you have to try and find and capture these snakes in cages I think. I may be misremembering some of the details, but I do remember that the snakes were involved somehow.

I've researched all of the MGS games and I can't figure out which one I'm thinking of - anyone here have a clue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    No, with 4. You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Edit: Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

Shooting all Kerotan Frogs in MGS3: Snake Eater. Snakes = food for hunt to replenish your stamina.

Edit: Also, I think I know why you're remembering snakes in cages. If you shoot animals in MGS3 with a MK22 "tranquilizer" they turn into cages. ^^

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Food..._Gear_Solid_3)
    Last edited by HitPoint; 2013-06-01 at 07:43 AM.

You definitely put me on the right track, you were right about the game, but it was the Tsuchinoko that I was thinking of. Doesn't appear on radar, and refreshes all of your stamina if you catch it, plus you get some bonus if you get one and keep it in your inventory for the whole game.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Tsuchinoko

Much appreciated HitPoint!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    No, with 4. You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Edit: Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

There's also the fact that during the end boss fight there were three snakes which the player could capture only available during the final boss (Solidus, Liquid, Solid), can't remember if they did anything in the original game but in the HD remakes you got an achievelol for it.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    There's also the fact that during the end boss fight there were three snakes which the player could capture only available during the final boss (Solidus, Liquid, Solid), can't remember if they did anything in the original game but in the HD remakes you got an achievelol for it.
    You unlocked the EZ gun by getting all the foods and plants in a playthrough, so they counted towards that.