Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    So you can get attacked while in a pet battle? When did this get changed? I know when it started if you went to the spot they are at they would disappear and Im sure they had to change things for spectating but why would it have to be that you can be physically attacked and not other players can see any details of your pets?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign View Post
    This would be more meaningful if Heroic Scenarios were actually hard. The only challenging part about them is the usual "don't stand in fire" mechanic. Everything else is as easy as normal scenarios, it just takes longer.
    Well that and Blizzard likes to ignore that they stopped making max level normal mode dungeons to merge the two previously separate queues which effectively forced those who would stay in normals into heroics. The rewards from dungeons was also greatly increased which further brought in players who would not normally be there but did it for the rewards. It is kind of how LFR is like right now where even GC has said that many players will leave if a superficial aspect of the gear(color) changed. What would happen to LFR popularity if scenarios gave the same rewards as LFR at a similar rate and shared a loot lockout? Five mans became the main stay because Blizzard make it a focus for players and in MoP five mans have been extremely devalued with LFR filling the roll. Most of the responses in the forums to why players like LFR comes down to convenience and effort level required to participate and earn rewards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Why are you in that realm to begin with then? Just transfer elsewhere, the game will feel much more fun and alive then.
    The cross server random queue system was brought in mostly for players in that situation. When LFD first came out Blizzard said that if you cannot handle the random aspects of the system then form your own group. It is sad that they did not hold this stance in Cata. I understood the risks of solo queuing and did not cry when I had a bad group that did not want to work together and wanted a carry. Even then the bad groups was in the minority. It is sad that a minority ruined LFD for the majority and Blizzard bowed down to this minority of self-entitled griefers who did not want to work together with others in group based content.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-06-01 at 12:36 PM.

  3. #23
    The ICC buff was nice in that it helped you to defeat the bosses, but players felt weak in the outside world after raiding with that large buff. Debuffing the bosses rather than buffing the players was the solution to this problem.
    This actually doesn't make any sense, either way when you're in the dungeon you're clobbering as either a 30% stronger player or against a 30% weaker enemy. I don't understand this logic at all.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    This actually doesn't make any sense, either way when you're in the dungeon you're clobbering as either a 30% stronger player or against a 30% weaker enemy. I don't understand this logic at all.
    Uh, that when people got used to doing +30% damage in a raid they felt weakened outside because their damage was lower.. what exactly is unclear?
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  5. #25
    Field Marshal Rekuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    51
    It'll be the dance studio i bet..... 2 expansions later :\

  6. #26
    Future

    The big unannounced feature will have a cool impact on the game and is something they have been talking about for a long time

    Could that be..could that beeeee old character model updates?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogemaniac View Post
    "We were trying to preserve the older tier a little, but that feels weird when you can jump into LFR and see everything."

    There is a simple solution for that - just delay LFR longer. It shouldn't be released until the next patch (ie, 5.0 raid LFR released with 5.1, 5.2 LFR with 5.3, etc). Yes, it is great that everyone can see everything. They don't all need to see it at the same time. In fact, as a player who has ranged from hardcore to very casual, I don't WANT to be able to see end game as a casual almost as soon as all but the most hardcore players. In fact, this should be the same way with hard modes and regular modes. Hardmodes should be released first, and regular modes a few weeks to a month later. This would have the added bonus of making the world-leading guilds attack the hard modes directly without any feeder gear from regular modes.

    "It would be great to have much harder content for those who enjoy that kind of challenge while levelling"

    One of my dreams for WoW would be hard mode servers. Yep. EVERYTHING would be hard mode. LFR and regular raids would not exist, and you could only transfer in from another hard mode server. Leveling would not have XP requirements, but rather dungeon or quest chain requirements, all of which would be hard mode hard. Elite mobs would be everywhere. Resources would be perpetually short. Hitting level 61, 71, etc would require clearing the relevant raids, and players above level 61, 71, etc would not be allowed into lower level raids (I'd allow 61's in the level 60 raids, etc, because the whole guild can't level at once. However, these new 61's would have to avoid triggering level 62 or they couldn't raid with their guildmates until the former leveled on their own). Death would be penalized more heavily, especially outside of raids. It would be a world where the men were men and the weak wailed. It would be a blast.




    Not all of us can donate 20+ hours of raiding a week bro to handle something like that. Remember I pay to play this game just as you do. For us working professionals who have the expendable income to waste on games like this, keeps blizzards income rolling in, and in turn makes the mothership happy. You do that and release LFR a patch later, you would see a sharp decline in subscriptions. So I award you no points.


    KING GAEAMANIA I OF ANDORHAL!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorkingz View Post
    Future

    The big unannounced feature will have a cool impact on the game and is something they have been talking about for a long time

    Could that be..could that beeeee old character model updates?
    Highly doubt it, I remember a tweet regarding the unannounced feature that it 'would give us lot's of things to do' something along these lines, I am almost certain that it's gonna be a scaling down thing. If it's that, then I am not really excited, would rather get the new models.

    Or maybe it's the dota style battleground? Holinka, AKA "the PvP dude" said:
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/336692838165274624

    Anyway, we'll know in a few days. :P

  9. #29
    "We debated that a lot, but we have some timed objectives and that doesn't play well with stopping to loot everything."

    If people are doing the timed events THEY DON'T HAVE TO STOP TO LOOT. You don't remove a core design of MMOs for one style of game play.
    And why was mob loot removed from normals. Soooo many bad decisions these days no bloody wonder their subs are dropping like a rock.
    Way to penalize professions that rely on mob drops.
    idiots.
    Last edited by Rolly; 2013-06-01 at 03:50 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    "PvP servers don't get any system changes just because they are a PVP server, so getting attacked while in a wild pet battle is just part of the PvP server experience."

    That's a horrible thing to say. Really mind numbing. It just opens up more chances to grief someone, not to mention if you're in a pet battle you can't defend yourself. I call bullshit on that - you should be untargetable and immune to damage if you're in a Pet Battle, so long as you've done at least a round of combat (to stop people just running up to a wild pet to escape combat).

    I know some PvP 'heroes' will disagree and trott out the usual rubbish responce. But if you attack someone who's fighting and trying to capture a rare pet, you're pretty much griefing them. PvP be damned in this case. Its akin to being attacked while in a dungeon by enemy players, which is something that is impossible for good reason.
    Sorry, but you don't get to redefine "griefing" when it's convenient for your argument. Attacking other players on a PvP server, by itself, is not griefing.

    If you think PvP should be consensual, get off PvP servers. You can have plenty of consensual PvP on PvE servers via Battlegrounds and Arena.
    Alliance: Dwarf Hunter Sabatieni
    Horde: Troll Warrior Sabatieni, Undead Priest Reulett

  11. #31
    ...they've been talking about the unannounced feature for a while?

    Player Housing?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    ...they've been talking about the unannounced feature for a while?

    Player Housing?

    Talk about a way to increase subs, so many people would keep paying monthly for that feature alone. People love playing doll-house, and adding in ways to earn furniture/trophies/landscape etc would have a ton of possibilities. I would imagine that would be feature to be in an expansion rather than a patch, but ya never know...
    Last edited by Woakerio; 2013-06-01 at 04:14 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    ...they've been talking about the unannounced feature for a while?

    Player Housing?
    Why are people making this stupid guesses. They've hardly talked about player housing at all, and when they have they have said they aren't planning to do it.

  14. #34
    Mechagnome Whidbey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Whidbey Island, WA USA
    Posts
    694

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    " But if you attack someone who's fighting and trying to capture a rare pet, you're pretty much griefing them. PvP be damned in this case. Its akin to being attacked while in a dungeon by enemy players, which is something that is impossible for good reason.
    "and there is no way to level an alt on pvp servers anymore because of the implementation of crz
    That implies pre CRZ you weren't doing much PvP while leveling up, which isn't really the experience those servers were going for. "

    Obviously Durando, You miss the entire point of PvP realms as blizzard clearly has stated it for months and again below what you yourself quoted. Corpse camping someone or a graveyard may be griefing, but anywhere else you are fair game. If you don't want to be fair game, then don't play on a PvP realm. Seriously, saying that being attacked while questing or any other pve type experience on a pvp realm, is like moving to England and complaining about drivers on the wrong side of the road. Or going online with halo and screaming it's not fair when you get shot. You made the choice to be there.

    Now that Blizz by CRZ is straightening out what PvP servers are supposed to be like, people are having issues about PvP. That's why they are there, to let people who want to kill each other and have a real war, do so.

  15. #35
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,839
    Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    If you think PvP should be consensual, get off PvP servers. You can have plenty of consensual PvP on PvE servers via Battlegrounds and Arena.
    Not to mention that you can simply flag yourself on a PVE server and go somewhere near where the other faction hangs out.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    It'll be the dance studio i bet..... 2 expansions later :\
    Unlikely. Tom Chilton hinted it would involve old content.

    Q: Ghostcrawler hinted at an unannounced feature in this expansion that is going to really change how WoW is going to be played, much like the LFR feature – can we get a hint on when we might see this feature and what it might pertain to?


    A: We will probably see it in the 5.4 neighborhood if we are able to get it done in time. As far as hints a lot of players in the past have suggested that they be able to do older content so it’s probably something that goes along those lines.

  17. #37
    Brewmaster Salech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Why are you in that realm to begin with then? Just transfer elsewhere, the game will feel much more fun and alive then.
    I would if it did not cost money to do so, i have started a new character on a new server, however that makes all the work on my main since TBC quite redundant.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    Unlikely. Tom Chilton hinted it would involve old content.

    Q: Ghostcrawler hinted at an unannounced feature in this expansion that is going to really change how WoW is going to be played, much like the LFR feature – can we get a hint on when we might see this feature and what it might pertain to?


    A: We will probably see it in the 5.4 neighborhood if we are able to get it done in time. As far as hints a lot of players in the past have suggested that they be able to do older content so it’s probably something that goes along those lines.
    Upscaled 5 mans I think.
    "These people, Adam, they're like ghosts. Always in the shadows. Always hiding behind lies and proxy soldiers. I need you to find them. They cannot stop us. They cannot stop the future".

  19. #39
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    38
    The big unannounced feature will have a cool impact on the game and is something they have been talking about for a long time.
    why do i feel it'll be something like....'you can now pet battle while you're on a flight path"...

  20. #40
    Whatever the feature is we can all agree it will just be something stolen off the newer more innovative mmo's that have come out in the last few years. My guess is a mentoring system, ability to do lower level dungeons and raids on your 90.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •