Gaming / Music Headsets

Heya
    I'm looking for a good headset mostly for music and gaming, the last time I used headphones was years ago so not sure what to get.

Anyone able to recommend any?

Yes!
    Steelseries Siberia V2 Full-Size!

These are the ones I use, they're excellent. Good sound, very comfortable, and has a built in mic that you can hide in the earcup. They come in several colors too. Very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boomking View Post
    Yes!
    Steelseries Siberia V2 Full-Size!

These are the ones I use, they're excellent. Good sound, very comfortable, and has a built in mic that you can hide in the earcup. They come in several colors too. Very happy with them.

Whats the bass like?

Deleted
    whats the budget like ?
    a lot of people here will suggest headphone + separate mic option which tbh is the best route, you will get a better quality sound from the price you pay like this

Deleted
    I've recently (well, very recently. Got the headphones today) switched to a headphone/mic combo and let me tell you; you won't find a better sounding headset for the price of 2 seperate devices.

Bought Takstar Hi2050 headphones (~70$)
    and a Blue Microphones Snowball (~60$)

The Snowball is nothing special really, but a good mic for the price. You could go cheaper here, without too big of a hit i guess.
    The Hi2050 however are phenomenal. Best sounding headphones I've ever used. You're essentially buying Beyerdynamic DT 880 for 1/4 the price.

But if you're set on a headset and got some spare change, I'd recommend the Sennheiser PC350/360. Used the 350 before getting my new kit and it's more than adequate for gaming purposes. Pretty good sound and mic.
    Last edited by mmoc88c8813be7; 2013-06-01 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiingy View Post
    Whats the bass like?
    Bass is great. It's also something I want in my headsets, and these fit the bill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerViking View Post
    I've recently (well, very recently. Got the headphones today) switched to a headphone/mic combo and let me tell you; you won't find a better sounding headset for the price of 2 seperate devices.

Bought Takstar Hi2050 headphones (~70$)
    and a Blue Microphones Snowball (~60$)

The Snowball is nothing special really, but a good mic for the price. You could go cheaper here, without too big of a hit i guess.
    The Hi2050 however are phenomenal. Best sounding headphones I've ever used. You're essentially buying Beyerdynamic DT 880 for 1/4 the price.

But if you're set on a headset and got some spare change, I'd recommend the Sennheiser PC350/360. Used the 350 before getting my new kit and it's more than adequate for gaming purposes. Pretty good sound and mic.
    Agree with this poster, again depending on your budget of course. You can get a cheaper mic like this Mini Microphone w/ Clip - $2.28 (7-10 days free shipping)

Samson Go Mic $40 is a decent option as well.