Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like they are trying to be polite and are tired of defending their product with people who do nothing but bash it. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to constantly be crapped on by your customer base. No matter what Blizz says they are wrong. If they had said the total opposite of that there would be another thread out there making a different point. It is never ending.

All he said was something any normal person would do, without having to be told to do so. Don't like it....take a break. Not sure if you want to invest in the expansion? Read reviews. What's wrong with that exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarius View Post
    Source
    OK so first of all this community manager tells us to stop playing the game if we don't like it.
    Then he says "read reviews" before you buy the expansion. Does he know it's going to suck?
    It looks to me like Blizzard's just given up.
    If you don't like the game, don't play it. There's nothing wrong with that. Nobody likes a crying baby, and nothing indicates Blizzard gave up on anything.
    Get over yourself.

When was the last time a game company rep admitted the game isnt fun? That's insanity.
    He never said it isn't fun. He said it isn't fun for everyone. That's a fucking given.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Oh goodness.

When Blizzard CMs speak positively everyone cries that it's all "marketing" and that they "have to say that."

So here someone speakings honestly and treats the customers with respect and now we're going to try to make it out like the game must be awful as a result?

Blizzard just can't win with some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half-Life 2 dude.
    And we still love Half-Life 2.
    Opinions dude. You still love HL2, I thought it was boring.

D3 hype was caused by players, pre-beta release, because they thought it'd be D2 in a new coat.
    I didn't buy in the hype, played the beta, loved it.

Even after buying D3 CE - one year later - I still think it's a good game, despite not putting in much hours last couple of months.
    More so, I'll even get D3 for PS3 so I can do it couch mode. More fun then behind a computer anyway ^^

OT: Yes, you are reading too much into the post. The CM is right, if you don't like it, don't play. He isn't saying that Blizz is giving up.
    If you don't have fun playing, you shouldn't play and if you are only gonna whine after getting it, then you're dumb for not reading reviews.

I thought every smart gamer read reviews before buying the game (or atleast do the beta) instead of buying blind.

Deleted
    Source

OK so first of all this community manager tells us to stop playing the game if we don't like it.

Then he says "read reviews" before you buy the expansion. Does he know it's going to suck?

It looks to me like Blizzard's just given up.
    It's an honest answer. The problem lays withing you.

They're not being unreasonable, simply because if you don't enjoy, you shouldn't play it. It is a game, not an essential service, they don't have to tailor their product to everyone, and can niche it down to the smallest group if they really wanted.

It'll be bad practice of course to do so, but it is their right.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this more interesting:

“Five years from now, you're probably not going to see us making huge content patches, or class updates,” he said. “At some point we'll set the game aside, sort of leave it as a work that we've completed, and move on to like Diablo 4, or whatever, right? Ladders is absolutely one of the things that helps the game stay fresh for people 5 years from now, or 3 years, or 2 years, or whatever.”
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo/blizz...adder-diablo-3

Giving advice =/= telling the customer to get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    It's an honest answer. The problem lays withing you.
    When the guy who's paid to be positive and uncontroversial (he's not a marketer, but he's a CM) is saying this stuff, then you should worry.

This guy isn't paid to speak his mind. He's not allowed to say whatever he wants. If this stuff - 'read reviews before you buy the expansion' and 'stop playing if you dont like it' gets by the filter and gets onto the boards... then you have to worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so wrong.

Diablo didn't get bit by expectations that were too high.

Remember Half-Life 2? Expectations through the heavens.

-snip-

Not everyone is complaining just for fun. If they're complaining, there's something to complain about.

Gamers hype up every game. You don't see the backlash to every game like you saw for Diablo 3.
    First off, that's the issue, every other game that comes out isn't the second coming of Christ, with that much hype, every game is doomed to fail. I don't know much of Half-Life 2, however that is on game. Take every MMO that has released. SWTOR was hyped through the roof because of its reputation and the developer and look how it turned out.

Second, you haven't been on the Internet long if you believe people don't complain just to complain. Your thread reeks of pointless complaining for the sake of complaining.

Third, you ABSOLUTELY see the amount of backlash D3 got in other games. You just don't play them.

And last, he never said the game isn't fun, be said it isn't fun for EVERYONE, that's a given in the gaming industry, its a given in this world, you can't please everyone. All that was stated is that the game be taken in moderation, and to review the game before you go and purchase it, like an intelligent consumer should do.

1) I am amazed that people have been playing D3 for a year... what are they doing?

2) Are people still defending D3 and saying the only reason it is getting backlash is because it was hyped up? Did you even play D3? I understand it is subject to each individual's opinion, but the game isn't very good and gets exponentially worse once you hit 60 and clear inferno.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy isn't paid to speak his mind. He's not allowed to say whatever he wants. If this stuff - 'read reviews before you buy the expansion' and 'stop playing if you dont like it' gets by the filter and gets onto the boards... then you have to worry.
    And you know this how? Ah you probably think that Blizz is some sort of dictator and that they are not allowed to say honest stuff but just company PR....
    In your mind of course.

If you are stupid enough to buy stuff blindly, you deserve what you get. He's just trying to protect you from buying something you might not like.
    I guess you buy your TV/computer etc without reading a review too right?

Every smart person should read a review on what they buy, like games, tv's, hardware etc.
    Stupid people like you usually just whine the next day because you don't like the game (for whatever reason you can find) and want a refund (to whine some more if you would even get a refund).

If you dont like it dont play it, that is actually what every games company should say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    And you know this how? Ah you probably think that Blizz is some sort of dictator and that they are not allowed to say honest stuff but just company PR....
    In your mind of course.

If you are stupid enough to buy stuff blindly, you deserve what you get. He's just trying to protect you from buying something you might not like.
    I guess you buy your TV/computer etc without reading a review too right?

Every smart person should read a review on what they buy, like games, tv's, hardware etc.
    Stupid people like you usually just whine the next day because you don't like the game (for whatever reason you can find) and want a refund (to whine some more if you would even get a refund).
    I don't know what to tell you. Community managers are hired to have a very bland, vanilla personality. They're not allowed to just put their feet up on the table and kick the shit with the homies. They're there to represent Blizzard and to make sure people get official answers on things. I don't mean this in a conspiratorial way, but they're there to be the mouthpiece of the company. It's their job, they have to be professional. I don't think I need insider info to know that the dude isn't allowed to say anything he wants.

ITT: People who bought Diablo 3 wanting another WOW.

Diablo has always been about grinding. Nothing more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    If you dont like it dont play it, that is actually what every games company should say.
    Well, in my case I just can't play it. Couple of months ago I wanted to check it again and got an Error 3 -invalid login information even though I could log into WoW and SC2 with that info just fine. Opened up a ticket and got told to set up a new admin account on my PC and log in from there which didn't work. After being told to create the fourth admin account on my PC I just uninstalled the thing and canceled my WoW account. I can honestly say after years of playing Blizzard games that I have never seen their customer service as bad as this before. Yep , the wonders of always online.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what to tell you. Community managers are hired to have a very bland, vanilla personality. They're not allowed to just put their feet up on the table and kick the shit with the homies. They're there to represent Blizzard and to make sure people get official answers on things. I don't mean this in a conspiratorial way, but they're there to be the mouthpiece of the company. It's their job, they have to be professional. I don't think I need insider info to know that the dude isn't allowed to say anything he wants.
    Plenty threads in the past have been made because individuals like you, saying that CM's aren't allowed to say stuff like that or that they're not professional. However, most CM's are still there now.

Blizz seems quite ok with their behaviour and posts.

And yes, I think you should have insider info before spouting what they are or aren't allowed to say.

I'll repeat it again, you're putting words in his mouth and quite honestly, the CM is just saying what every smart individual should do. Research before buying. Everyone should.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Plenty threads in the past have been made because individuals like you, saying that CM's aren't allowed to say stuff like that or that they're not professional. However, most CM's are still there now.

Blizz seems quite ok with their behaviour and posts.

And yes, I think you should have insider info before spouting what they are or aren't allowed to say.

I'll repeat it again, you're putting words in his mouth and quite honestly, the CM is just saying what every smart individual should do. Research before buying. Everyone should.
    I'm not saying Blizzard is a dictatorship. The pressure isn't explicit. Jay Wilson doesn't put his arm around the dude's shoulder and say, "Don't say this or you'll be in trouble." It's an implied pressure. They don't need be direct. This dude knows there's things he can say and things he can't. If CMs said whatever came to their mind, then they'd be getting fired all the time. But they don't. And it's not because Blizzard says, "No, don't say this." It's because they already know when they get the job what they aren't supposed to say. Their common sense censors them, not Blizzard.