Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarius View Post
    Source

OK so first of all this community manager tells us to stop playing the game if we don't like it.

Then he says "read reviews" before you buy the expansion. Does he know it's going to suck?

It looks to me like Blizzard's just given up.

Of course they said that..it's not much to lose from this point anymore.

You bought the game so they made their profit..if you don't like it you are free to go and come back when the next expansion hits.

With the demographic that Blizzard caters to now, they can expect to have a lot more irrational whining coming their way.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

He wants people who've burnt themselves out to take breaks, and people to make educated decisions when purchasing video games.

Huh.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    He wants people who've burnt themselves out to take breaks, and people to make educated decisions when purchasing video games.

Huh.
    Yes, but somehow they still are playing the villain in these communications. They either a) Have no faith in a terrible product or b) have some crazy end game we can't possibly discern at this moment.

Strange huh?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Emisary View Post
    Of course they said that..it's not much to lose from this point anymore.

You bought the game so they made their profit..if you don't like it you are free to go and come back when the next expansion hits.
    Leave and come back at an expansion? Interesting.

Sounds good from a business only standpoint when they will sell it to you for only $40 more dollars. So sure, leave now and come back when we can get $40 from you. Thanks for playing.

The game might be good and it might still suck but you wont really know till blizzard has your money cause after all, most gamers know many game reviews that are just not all that honest or clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yes, but somehow they still are playing the villain in these communications. They either a) Have no faith in a terrible product or b) have some crazy end game we can't possibly discern at this moment.

Strange huh?
    My crystal ball is on the fritz but I'm going with "A" as I don't think the diablo series ever really had an end game. (unless you consider the grind end game)
    Last edited by quras; 2013-06-07 at 07:12 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    My crystal ball is on the fritz but I'm going with "A" as I don't think the diablo series ever really had an end game. (unless you consider the grind end game)
    Or instead of jumping on a Blizzard hate bandwagon you could think about what was actually written. End game, as in, the entire point of a convoluted strategy...the end result of a master plan...originating from:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_endgame
    BAD WOLF

Source

OK so first of all this community manager tells us to stop playing the game if we don't like it.

Then he says "read reviews" before you buy the expansion. Does he know it's going to suck?

It looks to me like Blizzard's just given up.
    Maybe they're just tiered of whinny monkeys crying all over the forums over something they don't need to do. Honestly the ignorance I've seen towards D3 is disgustingly high, if you don't like it don't play it... it's REALLY simple. He's not saying the expansion is going to be bad at all, he's saying maybe you should read reviews for a game before you buy it then immediately start crying.

i think why this pushes people's buttons is less about what he's actually saying and more about the tone. they've been unusually defensive since the game came out and quick to lay blame at the feet of others, the most publicized case of this being david brevik's extremely fair minded and reasonable public criticisms of the game which were then replied to from blizzard employees by a torrent of infantile self-pity with jay wilson leading the way, often responding to perfectly civil, reasonable comments with venomous diatribes rather than discussing specific points of contention. to their credit they have visibly made efforts to address some of these issues, some times successfully and sometimes not. i don't think the game is as bad as some people think it is, but i don't think blizzard is the victim of the torch and pitchfork mob either. if someone pays for a game he or she is perfectly entitled to voicing their displeasure, and while i generally try to be prudent with these kinds of things, it's impossible to ignore the fact that so many of the negative reviews have come from die-hard fans who have been playing since the first game, a group i do include myself in
    Last edited by soaponapope; 2013-06-07 at 08:49 PM.

I wonder why anyone needs a community manager to provide them this rudimentary chunk of common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I wonder why anyone needs a community manager to provide them this rudimentary chunk of common knowledge.
    Going by the general community that frequent the forums, they are mostly of the idea that they HAVE to play the game FOREVER, non-stop, every day of their lives. Seriously. Same goes for some of the more hardcore elements of the WoW community - the ones that demanded that they have 15 alts, but refuse to rep-grind for all of them, but STILL want all the goodies from rep-grinding, thus Blizzard added in the faction rep tokens.

Blizzard's most vocal community seem to be mildly insane to me as a whole. I'm not amazed in the slightest that some of them take someone telling them to perhaps, play less than their rudimentary 23 hours a day, as a slight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    sounds more like they are valueing their customer...i would much prefer a company that says "read the reviews before you buy our product to see if you like it" rather than "BUY THIS IT AMAZING IT WILL SOLVE ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS"
    I agree with you. It's a stark contrast with Blizzard's direction in regards to future wow expansions where all the CMs go "NEXT XPAC WILL FIX IT!!" and yet not only is it not fixed but they introduce a slew of new problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Going by the general community that frequent the forums, they are mostly of the idea that they HAVE to play the game FOREVER, non-stop, every day of their lives. Seriously. Same goes for some of the more hardcore elements of the WoW community - the ones that demanded that they have 15 alts, but refuse to rep-grind for all of them, but STILL want all the goodies from rep-grinding, thus Blizzard added in the faction rep tokens.

Blizzard's most vocal community seem to be mildly insane to me as a whole. I'm not amazed in the slightest that some of them take someone telling them to perhaps, play less than their rudimentary 23 hours a day, as a slight.
    Ha, this is pretty true to my impression too. To the OP, the blue post was spot on.

Honestly not surprising considering their stance with wow, In that they effectively tell you whats fun and if you do it different its probably an exploit or unfun for others, (looking at your pvp blood spec)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

What a great post. As a matter of fact ... When people feel "guilty" they no longer feel the need to play it at every opportunity in their (short) lives ... I think that tells something about the quality of Blizzard games.

The above explains a lot. When I play a game I am not enjoying I stop. Simple.

Apparenty Blizzard games need to be played by some until they are almost in a state of mental breakdown. Resulting in a kind of harasment and stalking the game and its company in the latter parts of depression...

I can see this theory explaining the extreme hate of old hardcore WoW and D3 players. You know it is NOT normal that a guy with 1000 hours + playing time goes ranting on forums as if someone at Irvine killed his little sister.

Blizzard games are no life replacements. They are games, nothing more, nothing less.

And ... All of you guys DO need to know that we as forum posters are such a small % of players/buyers of these games.

I am quite convinced the vast majority hardly plays 10 hours a month. But these guys never post.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-06-19 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    Why would you play a game you don't like...better than moaning like a bitch and expecting the game to be something it simply isn't. You don't see me moaning on SWTOR forums because it isn't exactly the game I want.

Seems he just made a pretty realistic response.
    I agree with this guy.. SWTOR isnt what i wanted but i still paid and played it. I dont now because its not the game i want
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

haha...sounds like a typical Bilizzard reply

Actually he's absolutely right. It's impossible to please anyone, especially when people imagined all kind of fucking things. This is what happens when a game is hyped beyond any reason. I took his advice a long time ago, on my own. I'm not that retarded to not be able to stop playing something I don't like unless someone tells me to.

People think Blizzard doesn't care because "they got their money". That's just retarded. They want to release it on PS4, for sure they don't want it to suck. The problem is being able to make the changes that will please people. People which are just too fucking hard to please.

GW2 is in the same situation. People thought it would be the second coming of the gaming Christ, I knew well it won't be anything "revolutionary". Sure it's a great game, sure it sold over 3 million copies, but where the fuck are those 3 million people now? Well, most of them are bitching about the game and stopped playing. They said they don't have any plans yet for an expansion, why the fuck is that, if the game is so successful?

These days is really hard, actually impossible, to make a game that holds the interest of players, simply because there are too many games that are constantly released. Path of Exile, for example, people were all over it, it's 10 million times better than D3, it's what D3 should have been and so on. Now that game has also lost it. Sure it's not "dead" but...

Long gone are the days where there was only one game worth playing and long gone are the days when people would play that game regardless of how shitty it was compared with today's standards

It makes me wonder if it's even worth to make these kind of games anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that what people did with the original game?

I might be confusing the time frame, but didn't people test a different game in the beta than what we originally got in vanilla?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    With the demographic that Blizzard caters to now, they can expect to have a lot more irrational whining coming their way.
    This. When you start catering to the obsessive casual wannabe crowd, you can expect the bitching to be neverending. Because once you satisfy one "demand", there will be another one in the chamber at the ready. Because it isn't about a video game. It isn't about issues with a video game. It's about unhappy ppl trying to win over influence of the game to try to make themselves feel better about themselves. And you can't win against ppl that don't feel good about themselves. Especially when they're behind their keyboard.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Typical blizzard arrogance rearing itself once again.