Deleted

Question Question Regarding Anti-Magic Zone

For you more experienced death knights, does Anti-Magic zone still work similarly to how it did in late Cataclysm? As in for AE damage such as Elementium Bolt/Static Shock that hits players all at once will it still reduce the intial damage by 75% then dissipate straight after, or does it now adhere to the cap even for effects that hit all at once?

I have seen arguements for both sides of that, but right now I would say it matter little. Blizz said in 5.4 it's getting buffed, so it could be changed to a flat % reduction, scale better, who knows. Right now im more focused on it's changes then how it is now x.x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    For you more experienced death knights, does Anti-Magic zone still work similarly to how it did in late Cataclysm? As in for AE damage such as Elementium Bolt/Static Shock that hits players all at once will it still reduce the intial damage by 75% then dissipate straight after, or does it now adhere to the cap even for effects that hit all at once?
    Still acts like cata, nullifies 75% of first hit, whatever that may be

I just know now it's pretty sad and can't think of a fight where the huge damage reduction would be helpful. Most fights seem to have pulses of damage as opposed to one large one or they are set up to where if you move farther away you take less damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I just know now it's pretty sad and can't think of a fight where the huge damage reduction would be helpful. Most fights seem to have pulses of damage as opposed to one large one or they are set up to where if you move farther away you take less damage
    Yep, or damage is physical.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Yeah I agree, but I guess that is good as most deaths will come from huge bursts of damage compared to pulsing (in most instances emphasis).
    I am hoping the 5.4 buff makes it just a flat % reduction, either that or increases the amount it absorbs by a lot.

I believe it actually caps out at absorbing 136800 + 4*str per person even on a single large hit. However, after absorbing 136800 + 4*str total, it disappears.

Times when AMZ can be useful:

Jin'rokh: When stacked together on a pool and a lighting orb goes out.
    Horridon: On top of a lightning totem/sand pool/living poison/ice ball that bad people are standing in.
    Megaera: Absorbs 75% of one rampage tick.
    Iron Qon: Absorbs 75% of one Unleashed Flame hit.
    Twins: Absorbs 75% of one tick of the nuke.
    Lei Shen: Does a fair amount on static shocks. If it really did absorb 75% of the first hit, it would let you live through a static shock by yourself, and it doesn't.
    Last edited by Mendenbarr; 2013-06-02 at 03:37 AM.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    I believe it actually caps out at absorbing 136800 + 4*str per person even on a single large hit. However, after absorbing 136800 + 4*str total, it disappears.

Horridon: On top of a lightning totem/sand pool/living poison/ice ball that bad people are standing in.
    Lei Shen: Does a fair amount on static shocks. If it really did absorb 75% of the first hit, it would let you live through a static shock by yourself, and it doesn't.
    OT but <3 your blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    OT but <3 your blog.
    Holy wow thanks for saying this cus I checked it out due to this, and just yeah this is amazing.

Glad you guys like it!

On topic, AMZ is pretty niche right now due to it's strange mechanic, and even in the places I listed, where it lives up to it's maximum potential, it's about half as good as something like an AM. Here's hoping the 5.4 change is a good one.

I really can't fathom the situation where that would work °_°

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I really can't fathom the situation where that would work °_°
    Step 1: lightning totem/sand pool/living poison/ice ball goes down.
    Step 2: people stand in it
    Step 3: Drop AMZ so it covers the bad thing
    Step 4: People get an extra second (or in the case of lighting nova, like 5 seconds) of reaction time before it kills them.

Not saying it's optimal or even worth taking over purg, but it can save lives if timed right.

Wouldn't that require god-like reflexes for sand/poison?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I would certainly NOT use AMZ over that shit. It would completely clutter vision.
    Yeah in the off chance you are able to drop it fast enough before they die it wouldn't really be worth it as it has the perfect purple/black shade to just totally obscure what is under it (and in a fight like Horridon where there is already shit going every which way, we don't need more to look at)

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I would certainly NOT use AMZ over that shit. It would completely clutter vision.
    No doubt. Also, even if one had such reaction times, you'd hope your other raid members have the same, lol.

But ya, it's already super hard to see totems :P

On jinrokh, I drop it during lightning storm to give people something to stand in/run through. I use AMZ on horridon in anticipation of blazing sunlight, and I drop it on the warlords in anticipation of frozen orb. On magaera I find it more useful to drop it on a tank during a breath rather than dropping it on the group.

AMZ is also useful for soaking the first blue explosion on Ra-den.
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2013-06-05 at 04:53 AM.