Deleted

Question regarding bad luck bonusroll-protection

I was wondering, does the bonus roll protection is specific for a boss? or is it general?

for example (i'm gonna use FICTIVE numbers, but it's just to get an idea):

standard bonus roll chance: 15%, protection 10%/roll

does it work like this
    i kill jinrokh hc and bonus roll: 15% chance => got nothing
    i kill horridon hc and bonus roll: 15% + 10% (bonus roll protection) = 25% chance => got nothing
    i kill council hc and bonus roll: 15% + 20% (bonus roll protection) = 35% chance => got nothing
    i kill tortos hc and bonus roll: 15% + 30% (bonus roll protection) = 45% chance => got loot!
    next whatever boss i kill: i get the 15% chance again

or rather like this
    week1:
    i kill jinrokh hc and bonus roll: 15% chance => got nothing
    i kill horridon hc and bonus roll: 15% chance => got nothing
    i kill council hc and bonus roll: 15% chance => got nothing
    i kill tortos hc and bonus roll: 15% => got loot!

week 2:
    i kill jinrokh hc and bonus roll: 15% + 10% (bonus roll protection) chance 25%=> got nothing
    i kill horridon hc and bonus roll: 15% + 10% (bonus roll protection) = 25% chance => got loot
    i kill council hc and bonus roll: 15% + 10% (bonus roll protection) = 25% chance => got nothing
    i kill tortos hc and bonus roll: 15% chance => no loot

week3:

i kill jinrokh hc and bonus roll: 15% + 20% chance (bonus roll protection)=> 35% got nothing
    i kill horridon hc and bonus roll: 15% chance => got nothing
    i kill council hc and bonus roll: 15% + 20% (bonus roll protection) = 35% chance => got loot
    i kill tortos hc and bonus roll: 15% + 10% chance = 25% => no loot

in case of the first option, does mogu runes share a different protection to elder charms?

thanks for the advice!

I would have to guess it's your first example - it's a rolling bonus from boss to boss until you get a drop... and then it resets. But I don't know, your second example would require even more storage space to remember how many rolls deep every character on every server is for every boss. Where the second is literally just one rolling figure - until you hit a drop and it resets.

In my opinion/theory - no real clue.

And again imo - it would be the same regardless of rune... then again i don't know.

According to Blizzard, it's a per-boss-basis, so the second is more likely to be the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    According to Blizzard, it's a per-boss-basis, so the second is more likely to be the case.
    Source, please?

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    Source, please?
    There hasn't been an official statement since 5.3 came out (GC specifically mentioned on twitter that they were being vague so people can't cheat the system), so we can only believe in GC's twitter during beta (https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11236519903232) and assume he didn't have a change of mind without telling us.

Deleted
    7 weeks rolling on two bosses (Council & megaera), 0 loot

It makes most sense if it's rolling bonus than stacking per boss, because why would they waste a lot more database space on saving bonus roll chances for each boss when they can just use 1 entry?

Deleted
    - one of our guild mates used last week 12 coins, 1 for each boss (normal mode), no loot. Where is this bonus chance Iam asking?!

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    The new expac has been out for 2 weeks, did you expect the game to think "gee, hes been unlucky in the past, lets shower him in loot!?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The new expac has been out for 2 weeks, did you expect the game to think "gee, hes been unlucky in the past, lets shower him in loot!?"
    The expansion has been out for 8 months?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    The expansion has been out for 8 months?
    He means the patch not expansion, I want to know if its the whole bonus roll system or different coins so if I kill sha of fear and don't get loot does that increase my chance when I use a bonus roll on a tier 15 boss or does it only work on a tier by tier basis

No idea cause the devs decided it was a good idea to not tell ppl how it works, from personal experience it seens like it doesnt work at all, or only actualy protect streaks of 15 + gold drops, cause my bonus loot rating is exactly the same, meaning its like 1 iten every 10 coins or so, everyone else in my guild also seen to still get gold consistently for 6-7 times adn them win something they dont want like always. the system is still flawed as hell, designed to be a bonus and reward and maybe give players some control over theyre loot you but it only manages to frustate to no end and add even more RNG to the RNG.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    We clearly dont know how this work yet -- we might never know. For all intent they did state that it was an increased chance every spent coin you didn't get loot, for all we know the increase is 0.x per time, nothing as far as I know have been stated it should be 10 or 15 or whatever %. If this is per boss or in total is unknown to, per boss seems like it would be alot more data to save then just having one number go up everytime you dont get something. Since we don't know how it works we cant be sure it isn't totally bugged either. For all we know it's just something they said that wasn't even implemented -- it's not like we can check. So I just keep coining on the bosses that drop something I want.

I'd bet on it being different for each tier, as they have a different chance to being with, and also anyone that does MSV/HoF/ToES just coins every boss that dies to get a bit of extra gold, would be silly to waste chances like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariussv View Post
    - one of our guild mates used last week 12 coins, 1 for each boss (normal mode), no loot. Where is this bonus chance Iam asking?!
    This certainly points to it being a stacking bonus per Boss, otherwise your guild mate would have received an item.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    This certainly points to it being a stacking bonus per Boss, otherwise your guild mate would have received an item.
    That or the bonus is actualy super small wich si what I think it is, if it were a decent bonus theyd have said something, theyd have implement an in game buf or somethign to show you your bonus. Im inclined to think they added some super small amount with an exponential factor to your drop chance like you get an extra 1.2% chance of loot ^ the number of times it yielded nothing so by your 20th atempt your extra chance to loot is 38%, they did say it was to stop extreme bad luck streaks Im guessing 20 configures extreme in those guys head.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Do you seriously not get that the bonus chance only started, like, two weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Dariussv View Post
    This bonus chance is likely per boss, in which case using 12 coins is only going to provide you one stack of the bonus chance per boss. This is the logical answer and, honestly, anyone should be able to draw that conclusion based on the evidence you've provided. It would benefit you and your guild mates more to put some critical thought in before you start complaining... and it would certainly benefit the rest of us here by not having to read these kinds of posts.

OP: My comments are not directed at you. You actually decided to ask instead of assuming. I wish more people were like you.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    That or the bonus is actualy super small wich si what I think it is, if it were a decent bonus theyd have said something, theyd have implement an in game buf or somethign to show you your bonus. Im inclined to think they added some super small amount with an exponential factor to your drop chance like you get an extra 1.2% chance of loot ^ the number of times it yielded nothing so by your 20th atempt your extra chance to loot is 38%, they did say it was to stop extreme bad luck streaks Im guessing 20 configures extreme in those guys head.
    While this could certainly be the case, previous Twitter comments lead us to believe otherwise. Further, your suggestion is barely a bonus at all and I wouldn't see much of a point in even announcing the feature if that's how it's going to work.

When you announce a feature, people start watching for it. If it's going to take 10-20+ weeks just to see a difference, the system might as well be completely hidden from us, because otherwise we'll just feel like we're being lied to. Some people like to think Blizzard is stupid, but they're not that stupid.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-06-03 at 05:56 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu