Thread: wow prospector

wow prospector

How accurate is http://www.wowprospector.com/ ?

I do undertstand that JC / Enchanting will make way too much gold compared to Mining or so but what we need alot of JC patterns for that together with enchanting ( we need to already have like 100k gold on a realm to start making serious gold ) but most people that start leveling on a new server will be better off to start with Mining till they make 100k or so, Please some1 correct me if i am wrong , this was the case in cata and i haven't been making any gold in MoP yet, Just started coming back to the market now.

---------- Post added 2013-06-01 at 11:23 PM ----------

1 more thing , what is the best selling gems in MoP right now ? Back in cata it was red gems ( intell agi str ) , I hear yellow gems are the best atm.

Deleted
    Interesting.

Dunno where you got the 100k figure from as I think thats nonsense. You can make gold, but its a case of doubling up so the more stuff you can sell then you are likely to have more chances at making a profit.
    Having looked at the website, then it is based on the ah price for ore (maybe the lowest?) and the price of raw gems. Both these prices flutuate and I would be concerned if he took the lowest available price as reflective of the price a a whole. It is not.

Having looked again I can see some of the prices are deeply misleading and it is easy to corrupt them. It is a guide only and i wouldnt reply on it much. Handy with experience, but dangerous in inexperienced hands. You have been warned.

Depending on your server and unless you mine, then your trouble may be in getting enough ore to prospect. Your next problem could well be the level of demand (people might not be buying) and your level of competition (people undercut you within a few minutes). What that means is before you have to make sure you cna get the ore, then people want i and you cna be the person that sells it. This is not always a given.

The best selling gems are orange,green and purple imo followed by red/yellow (which can be on a par with green) and blue is absolutely the worst. The reason being they changed the stats so a straight stat like red now has to compete wuth far more favourable multi stats gems.

You make more money on your server by understanding your market, knowing what sells and when, as well as sourcing the cheapest supplies. That experience and a lot more than that website can tell you.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2013-06-02 at 02:09 AM.

I've always had a hard time trying to understand those stats.

Can someone explain to me how should I be reading the information?

When I click on my realm I see a bunch of ores marked red and a few others green.

Then there is a + or - number beside the ore corresponding with the colour. What does those mean?

Pretty sure green means its profitable, red it is north worth it.

i much rather just look at undermine journal or wowuction for price stuff... i ASSume wow prospector is pulling data from one of those sites and consolidating it, but i think UMJ will give estimates on prospecting profits already

Deleted
    Yes and yes, but I cna see people coming unstuck with them. The UMK is superb and doesnt overste[ the mark by pretending it cna do more than it can. Because of that it becomes much more reliable as a guide.

Ebon I think it is just a calculation based on the available price of raw ore against the average price of propsected mats. Its a guide not a bible and i think people who organise their strategy purely on this have a big chance of coming unstuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Ebon I think it is just a calculation based on the available price of raw ore against the average price of propsected mats. Its a guide not a bible and i think people who organise their strategy purely on this have a big chance of coming unstuck.
    So that means the +72 (in green) is basically how much profit you would make from prospecting the ore and selling the uncut mats?

Deleted
    yes, based on its idea of what the average prospecting profile is. It is easy to corrupt the figures though and dont forget just because its listed on the ah doesnt mean it sells at that price or sells at all.