Deleted

Guardian tank (defense) or focus?

So, I like the above 2 specs for my Jedi Knight. What is better for solo-ing - doing the story mode and leveling?
    Usually logical answer should be tank but I heard it does too little damage so it can be slow.
    I think I prefer playing focus guardian but I want to make sure I can solo the content without problems.

Thank you in advance!

Deleted
    For solo levelling I would recommend the DPS spec, if you use your companions well (use the tank or healer and keep them reasonably well geared) you'll not have any problems with damage from mobs and will rip through them quickly. If you want to do some heroic group missions (or even FPs) along the way I would recommend the tank spec as finding a group will be so much quicker/easier. I levelled my Juggernaut and a Vanguard as tank spec and if you use your DPS companions the mobs drop at a decent rate.
    Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally I'm leveling as an Immortal Juggernaught (the Sith version of a Defense Guardian) and I've gotta say leveling is a fucking breeze, using a healer companion and I just NEVER die. Even fighting the end of act one boss I didn't get below 90% health.

Then when you're just fighting normal mobs you can bring along a Dps companion and destroy everything.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

You would probably be able to kill stuff faster therefore speeding up your leveling with a focus build. It doesn't really come into it's own though until you get Singularity. Once you can get 100% damage+100% crit Force Sweeps/Smashes, then shit just falls over when you fight it.

I leveled my Juggernaut in Tank Spec and had no problems with anything as well so it's entirely up to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensz View Post
    You would probably be able to kill stuff faster therefore speeding up your leveling with a focus build. It doesn't really come into it's own though until you get Singularity. Once you can get 100% damage+100% crit Force Sweeps/Smashes, then shit just falls over when you fight it.

I leveled my Juggernaut in Tank Spec and had no problems with anything as well so it's entirely up to you.
    This. Consider the middle DPS tree (Vengeance I believe) or the tanking tree until you have enough points to get Singularity. Although, I would go a step further and say until you have the top tier ability (Force Crush I think), you won't have many options to proc Singularity.

I leveled my jugg as tank spec and it was kind of a drag. Granted you never die but its just slow. If you do decide to level as a tank id recomend outleveling most planets to make things go faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling as Focus rather than Defense. I am enjoying it much more. T7 and Kira seem to suit me just fine. I breeze through mobs like a hot knife through butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I'm leveling as Focus rather than Defense. I am enjoying it much more. T7 and Kira seem to suit me just fine. I breeze through mobs like a hot knife through butter.
    I've only just started leveling my Knight, but I am looking forward to going Sentinel as well. I like the feel of two sabers instead of just one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarian - The Harbinger View Post
    I've only just started leveling my Knight, but I am looking forward to going Sentinel as well. I like the feel of two sabers instead of just one.
    Not having any "Force" abilities on my Sentinel really killed the class for me. I loved it from a martial standpoint, but simply having Force Push made my Guardian infinitely more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Not having any "Force" abilities on my Sentinel really killed the class for me. I loved it from a martial standpoint, but simply having Force Push made my Guardian infinitely more enjoyable.
    I have both a Knight and a Consular. I get all of the "force" out of my system when playing a Consular since it is primarily force user.

My take on this is level with the spec you want to play when you are at max lvl, especially if you want to tank later on.