Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Get off my island! DMF is CRZ'd

Well crap, Dark Moon Fair is now a victim of the Cross Realm Zone tech. Lovely.

As if that weren't fun enough, the new heirloom shields are not on DMF vendors.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Yeah, I really don't like crz. It has always been much more of an irritating inconvenience than anything else for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Well crap, Dark Moon Fair is now a victim of the Cross Realm Zone tech. Lovely.
    Does it matter? It's not like they can 'steal your kill' in any of the games there. Afraid they take your fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Does it matter? It's not like they can 'steal your kill' in any of the games there. Afraid they take your fish?
    See: Darkmoon Rabbit
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    DMF Rabbit, Fishing, and pets battles.

Ruh Roh, the carousel music isn't there!!!!! That is enough to make people rage quit!!! Bring back my music!
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Ruh Roh, the carousel music isn't there!!!!! That is enough to make people rage quit!!! Bring back my music!
    It's probably stuck on your home realm.

DMF Rabbit, Fishing, and pets battles.

That music was creepy, you have to admit. They could totally use that track inside of an evil clown themed instance.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    See: Darkmoon Rabbit
    Use CRZ to get it on another realm? Or just buy it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    DMF should of had CRZ a while ago. Kind of weird to see a fair be so empty and devoid of people.

There are just so many people now, it's no longer a pleasant place to be and it does interfere with some of the games and quests too. The Deathmatch is just stupid now - 1 chest shared betweeen 10 servers and a massive lagfest.

CRZ has NEVER done anything good ever. Invite RealID is one thing, but always on CRZ ruins Gameplay for me and everyone i know ( PVe realm also so pre-stfu about being "ganked"). this is just another BS area to me now.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly DMF has been on CRZ for 1-2 months now. It might use the same feature as the Brawler's Guild. With that I mean that if you hit a certain amount of players from your realm in that zone, it won't be on CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    CRZ has NEVER done anything good ever. Invite RealID is one thing, but always on CRZ ruins Gameplay for me and everyone i know ( PVe realm also so pre-stfu about being "ganked"). this is just another BS area to me now.
    As a rare farmer (mobs,pets,mounts) I whole-heartedly agree. I don't know what it is about Blizz, but they seem to just pick whatever my favorite thing to do in WoW at the time and destroy it. In wotlk, god I love raiding, I am so happy to be able to do 10 and 25 man per my own choice a week. In Mop, well I've caught up on all raiding and factions time to get to some of that rare farming I've put aside ... Oh, I have to compete with 100 other servers for 1 TLPD now? sweet. I must really be in the minority of players for the things i like to do in WoW - and there must be a hellava lot of people that like their choices restricted when playing a video game.

Imo CRZ is the biggest improvement they have ever done to WoW. I play exclusively on pvp server and for a large part of my time in WoW these servers have been horribly inbalanced one way or the other, if not completely devoid of life all together. With CRZ you actually see other people out in the world, you get a solid bit of wpvp too. It actually feels like playing an mmo. If I didnt want to play with other people, then wtf would I be doing, playing an mmo?

I feel like the problem a lot of people have is they either were not there in vanilla, or forgott how busy some zones could be. During wotlk the world turned into an empty wasteland. Nobody was out in the world and you could camp all the rare mobs mostly alone, do all the quests in peace, etc. But that is not an mmo, thats a multiplayer-singleplayer experience. It amazes me that people actually cry about there being competition for rare mobs and pets, thats why they are rare. They are supposed to be hell to get, you are supposed to have to fight over them.

tldr: CRZ is fantastic and if you dont like people you should not play an mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    It has. It has made the world much more alive, if you like it or not.
    Most of us like to live in a active world and not live in a world that feels like single player game.
    WoW is a massive game, There are way to many contents, that requires players.

Darkmoon faire is no exception, i love it.
    Things like the rabbit shouldn't be a facepalm, there should be a fight!

People just became real casual by getting everything they want, and when it becomes busy with the amount of players they are QQing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    People just became real casual by getting everything they want, and when it becomes busy with the amount of players they are QQing.
    if I wanted something, I'll farm for it. Farm as in really farming, not waiting my ass until I get lucky on some crappy rng.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Most of us like to live in a active world and not live in a world that feels like single player game.
    How can you know that? It is an assumption out of thin air. I can as well claim most people would prefer a empty world. I would, for example.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ is a nice feature. I like seeing questing areas populated. However, I believe it's overused in certain areas. DMFI is very small, and shouldn't need CRZ. I'll have to look myself to see how bad it really is.

I hate CRZ when I am leveling or questing or farming. I think it is a cheap way for Blizzard to give new players the illusion of a very alive world without actually solving the problem of dead servers.

That said, I do like CRZ on the DMF island. It doesn't really get in the way of anything important. I wouldn't mind CRZ in zones where there is no competition for things like towns and sanctuaries.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How can you know that? It is an assumption out of thin air. I can as well claim most people would prefer a empty world. I would, for example.
    Yeah how dare blizzard create this MMO game and force us to play with other players. I want an Org with only ME in it.