Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Social? I feel like I'm under a communist dictator that demand me to live with with "my equals" because it's the way things are. I have no choice. I cn not meet the same old people again and again and "KevinBacon" that other guy that is pursuing Aeonaxx and Time-Lost. The other people is not even from my world, so he will never be a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend. I can't interact with them, except when they are competing for resources with me. Be them Quest Objectives, Battle Pets, or whatever.
    Still sounding like a Bigot! Not helping yourself. You could meet and Battletag them if you wanted to. You need to start using words such as "I choose not to interact with them" or "I see no point in interacting with them". Everytime you say you "can't" you are making a false statement. They are real people and are other players - you can if you choose. In this day and age, its easier than ever to make friends from other servers - you don't even have to give them your real name anymore. Stop being a bigot, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and accept the fact that this game may be outgrowing you're concept of gaming, or just grow as a social MMO gamer. MMO's of the future will likely not have a true concept of "server", and well they probably shouldn't, because such concepts create such gamers with such bad anti-social attitudes as yourself!

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    It's hard for me to see the CRZ feature as anything other than an awkward attempt to fix the larger problems surrounding realm and faction population balances. The cynical side of me believes this is due to how much money is made through the overpriced realm and faction transfers. A dead realm is a dead realm regardless of CRZ and a populated realm is all the more frustrating when you have to contend with players from other realms in addition to those on your home realm.
    This is almost completely wrong. CRZ fixes the problem that on almost every server, 95% of players are above level 85 and any zones sub-85 has nobody in it. Even back in WOTLK, when we ´still´ had 12m players, this was an issue for new players. It totally sucks to start an MMO and spend the first 2 months questing through zones and never seeing another person. It has NOTHING to do with overall population servers, because even the most populated servers have the issue.

    I am not a huge fan of CRZ, but anyone who has ever tried playing a different MMO a few months after it launched knows exactly the problem CRZ is trying to fix..

  3. #223
    Everyone, including blizzard, seems to forget the main issue with rare spawns and CRZ. Even on high pop realms there were dead times during certain parts of the day and CRZ directly counters these dead times by throwing more people into the merged zones as soon as these dead times would normally occur.

    This fact alone counters blizzard's "not at intended rarity" argument since "rarity" changed even back in vanilla based on dead times.

    Also, people mentioned how the game has to evolve; This requires blizzard to evolve their loot system in kind in order for it to work or it becomes a preverbial meteor vs WoW the dinosaur. If they want to increase the social aspect of the game without creating too much negativity from too much competition more loot needs to drop from rare spawns based on how many players are grouped to kill them. Maybe 1 extra drop per 3-5 people would encourage people to group up for rares and not kill steal. The shared tag system from ToT was a step in the right direction, but it needs to be expanded upon.

    Also, the removal of the valor system mentioned has me quite wary since we have way too much RNG in the game as it is and they're talking about removing the only reliable gearing method for PvE and replacing it with what, more RNG methods?

    Yo dawg I heard you like RNG, so here's some RNG with your RNG, so you can roll while you roll, cuz that's how blizzard rolls.

  4. #224
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by spirits330 View Post
    Animal Farm is what you meant.
    Yes, correct, thanks spirit330

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How can you know that? It is an assumption out of thin air. I can as well claim most people would prefer a empty world. I would, for example.
    WoW is a mmo. Massive multiplayer online game. If it was supposed to be a singleplayer game, it wouldn't have 'multiplayer' in the the title. I suggest you play a singleplayer game, such as tetris or mario.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    Really? Really? Is it really free? I had no idea Blizzard was making it free to change servers! When did they announce this? I hadn't heard? Last I heard it costs additional money besides the subscription fee!

    Blizzards old answer was - "some realms may be over or underpopulated, and this may suck for resources, but we can charge you for a server transfer so you can go elsewhere".

    Blizzards new answer is "We'll adopt a new system to make resources more equal to players from all types of servers, so that unless your a raider looking for a particular raiding team, you don't need to transfer servers"

    Making the game fairer rather than charging players money seems like a better solution to me.
    Wait, what? Do not distort my word. PEOPLE are free to chose the way. Either by paid transfers or "rerolling" a character in another realm.

    And dude, again... There are advantages and disadvantages in realm population.
    And you reason is not even a reason. It's flawed, because now the realm with more people have an army gathering the low-level resources, and putting on their own separated auction house, while the low-pop server is getting shafted by having EVEN LESS resources in the auction house because the few gatherers are cut both by less resources available in the world and being discouraged to gather, because of unfair competition.

    Which is ridiculous because Blizzard have so many designs that consider long-term and deep interaction, how this rather simple consideration escaped them?

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  7. #227
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructus View Post
    Also, people mentioned how the game has to evolve; This requires blizzard to evolve their loot system in kind in order for it to work or it becomes a preverbial meteor vs WoW the dinosaur. If they want to increase the social aspect of the game without creating too much negativity from too much competition more loot needs to drop from rare spawns based on how many players are grouped to kill them. Maybe 1 extra drop per 3-5 people would encourage people to group up for rares and not kill steal. The shared tag system from ToT was a step in the right direction, but it needs to be expanded upon.
    Correct, the amount of quest items that drop needs to be revisited and tweaked to reflect CRZ population, but this is a minor issue that can be improved. My issue is certainly not that the idea is perfect, but that it is a positive aspect of the game. I trust Blizzard will keep working until they get it perfect.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    Blizzards new answer is "We'll adopt a new system to make resources more equal to players from all types of servers, so that unless your a raider looking for a particular raiding team, you don't need to transfer servers"

    Making the game fairer rather than charging players money seems like a better solution to me.
    If anything it makes it even more unfair. When you don't have access to any resources, as there are barely any on AH, and every non MoP resource can only be really farmed during deep night. Also you can't make any gold on AH (thankfully I saved millions from the time when my server was more active), but it doesn't matter much as you can't buy anything anyway.

    When the only advantage of low pop realm, such as calm questing and actually seeing rares was completely removed.

    If anything it pushes the player to pay for server transfer or quit. And high pop servers have their own issues (many people don't roll on them because of that) - they are: login queue times, it is more lag + all disadvantages of CRZ (queues for quest objects, queues for resources so you better have gold to buy them from AH, no rares, etc.).

    The whole CRZ is just one gigantic mistake which only made WoW's flaws to be even more evident, without actually helping any of those flaws.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    Still sounding like a Bigot! Not helping yourself. You could meet and Battletag them if you wanted to. You need to start using words such as "I choose not to interact with them" or "I see no point in interacting with them". Everytime you say you "can't" you are making a false statement. They are real people and are other players - you can if you choose. In this day and age, its easier than ever to make friends from other servers - you don't even have to give them your real name anymore. Stop being a bigot, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and accept the fact that this game may be outgrowing you're concept of gaming, or just grow as a social MMO gamer. MMO's of the future will likely not have a true concept of "server", and well they probably shouldn't, because such concepts create such gamers with such bad anti-social attitudes as yourself!
    You can thank Blizz for that as they developed an overworld game that encourages individual competitiveness instead of mutual cooperation.

    His statements are pretty spot-on in regards to that rare mount... it would be DISGUSTINGLY rare to find somebody who's willingly going to pass on it for you, especially when there's other competition in the area. Grouping up has little-to-no benefits for rare mob finding.

    Son, you got the right idea - but for the WRONG game... that method you describe will work MUCH BETTER in a game like Elder Scrolls: Online where the entire overworld is designed for MUTUAL FACTION COOPERATION... not individual competition. Your method only works in things like LFD and LFR BECAUSE you're all together for a mutual goal. Overworld HAS no mutual goal and next to NO benefit for cooperation.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    Yes, correct, thanks spirit330
    We here at Spirits330 and Co. work for your tomorrow--TODAY.

  11. #231
    Well its supposed to be a faire not some spooky npc ghost town

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    You're AH is no different than any other AH's, regardless of what type of server its on. That's the point, fair and equal for everybody.
    I sit on millions of gold from good times, which I can't really use. I wanted to give my alts some "luxury" of 522 raid crafts, but I can't. Think I don't have to farm any consumables for our barely working raids as I have millions of gold to buy them from AH? No, I have to farm them myself as there is nothing on AH.

    I'd rather live in totally unfair world if you define what I described as "fair".

  13. #233
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    It's flawed, because now the realm with more people have an army gathering the low-level resources, and putting on their own separated auction house, while the low-pop server is getting shafted by having EVEN LESS resources in the auction house because the few gatherers are cut both by less resources available in the world and being discouraged to gather, because of unfair competition.
    Are you suggesting that for years, player's on high population realms didn't stop farming Mats because they were frustrated by too much competition???? That's the reality - some people will compete, and others will curl up in a ball when faced with it. Now the high population servers have less competition for resources, meaning that players who did not farm mats originally now can for the first time. Imagine how players on those realms felt when they have faced that for years!!!! You gotta think of other people besides yourself, and definitely in different situations besides your own.

    Anyone who stops gathering resources on a low pop server just because they have to compete now, where as before they were handed them by default is just lazy. There are lots of nodes on your realm to go around, always has been. Its just that now you don't have a ridiculously small amount of players free to harvest a ridiculously large amount of resources. You need to understand that this was never fair from the beginning, and just because you liked it that way better, doesn't mean that everyone else in the game did, and certainly doesn't make it right.

  14. #234
    I really don't see how this is an issue, since there's hardly anything at the DMF for anyone from other servers to steal.

  15. #235
    Bloodsail Admiral ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,185
    Now the only sensible thing for Blizzard to do is make the Darkmoon Rabbit behave like the Pandaria world bosses with faction tag and individual loot with a default failbag (possibly containing tickets/tokens) and small chance at the pet.

  16. #236
    Too damn crowded. That's all I got to say about it. Swear I've seen capitol cities less crowded.

  17. #237
    Legendary! Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    6,819
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I really don't see how this is an issue, since there's hardly anything at the DMF for anyone from other servers to steal.
    they could steal your sweet rolls....
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

  18. #238
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    If anything it makes it even more unfair. When you don't have access to any resources, as there are barely any on AH, and every non MoP resource can only be really farmed during deep night. Also you can't make any gold on AH (thankfully I saved millions from the time when my server was more active), but it doesn't matter much as you can't buy anything anyway.

    When the only advantage of low pop realm, such as calm questing and actually seeing rares was completely removed.

    If anything it pushes the player to pay for server transfer or quit. And high pop servers have their own issues (many people don't roll on them because of that) - they are: login queue times, it is more lag + all disadvantages of CRZ (queues for quest objects, queues for resources so you better have gold to buy them from AH, no rares, etc.).

    The whole CRZ is just one gigantic mistake which only made WoW's flaws to be even more evident, without actually helping any of those flaws.
    I don't think you're understanding my position, because that just illustrates my point. The advantages of being on a low-population realm are almost gone, and that's the point. There should be no advantages to being on a low vs high population server apart from raiding. This business of high population server vs low population server and advantages and disadvantages needs to disappear completely to make the entire game fair for all. If there is any advantage to be gained from being on a higher population server, it should be access to raiding, a particular raid style, or a particular raid team - not resource access. If you want to raid lots, you may want to move to a higher population server. If not, it should matter whether you're on a low or high population server - access to resources should be the same.

    Oh, and your point "When you don't have access to resources" is ridiculous. They're laying on the ground throughout each zone. You just have to not be lazy, and go out and find one that no one else is at, exactly the way it is on high population servers, and exactly the way its meant to be. Resources are meant to be a free-for-all, not a default reward for the few players that actually go out to get them.
    Last edited by Rielthas; 2013-06-03 at 04:09 AM.

  19. #239
    Before DMF was CRZed there were about 80~100 (2 to 3 raid) every time DMF started racing for the darkmoon rabbit, and this month after CRZed for like 5 to 6 realms I couldn't really know how many raids there becuz the whole server just lagged and for me not even a player nor an NPC could be loaded to screen when I was wandering for 15 minutes.
    I could imagine there would be like at least 500 characters rushing to the faire at that moment.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    Are you suggesting that for years, player's on high population realms didn't stop farming Mats because they were frustrated by too much competition???? That's the reality - some people will compete, and others will curl up in a ball when faced with it. Now the high population servers have less competition for resources, meaning that players who did not farm mats originally now can for the first time. Imagine how players on those realms felt when they have faced that for years!!!! You gotta think of other people besides yourself, and definitely in different situations besides your own.

    Anyone who stops gathering resources on a low pop server just because they have to compete now, where as before they were handed them by default is just lazy. There are lots of nodes on your realm to go around, always has been. Its just that now you don't have a ridiculously small amount of players free to harvest a ridiculously large amount of resources. You need to understand that this was never fair from the beginning, and just because you liked it that way better, doesn't mean that everyone else in the game did, and certainly doesn't make it right.
    DOESN'T MATTER. There is still a bunch of resources on the high pop AH, just spread between different gatherers, CRZ or not.

    Meanwhile in the low pop, now there is even LESS, because beside the lack of gatherers to auction them, now there is too a lack OF NODES to be gathered, thanks to the unfair competition.

    NO ONE CAN BEAT MATH, and math is saying that Low pop is shafted by CRZ.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •