Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    good luck getting the achievement to win the arena and loot the chest 12x times...

this is not my first couple post....i forgot my old name and password.........why is CRZ so bad???????? WTF....the more people the better !!!!!! MMO guys...........did you forget. Maybe I'm just to old school for you Call of Duty A-Holes !!!!!

All for me and F everyone else. This attitude is why WOW is going down and why I play Very lil now!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They won't do that for 2 reasons:

1) they would have to give the investors reasons why they're pulling the proverbial "sign of a troubled MMORPG".

2) Blizz would stop getting money for server transfer fees.

Honestly, the more I look at CRZ, the more I believe it's their way of creating "individual server advertising" for paid server transfers. Instead of merging servers, they hope you meet people from other servers and pay to transfer to their server.

This is honestly why I don't expect cross-server AH/Guilds anytime soon... if that happened, there will no longer be need of their paid service - and they currently make a BUNCH of bank on people willing to shell out half-a-new-game's worth of money to transfer one character.
    That first reason is pure BS, sorry. In fact they would please the investors by cutting costs from the game. The thing is the World of the game is HUGE now, people are spread through lots of more zones, they don't need that much instances right now, hence the CRZ.

Thing is they AT THIS POINT have a main Hardware that is the realm used to host the CRZ, AND the side hardware hosting empty zones running, and using the same resources. FOR NOTHING.
    Take the flight between Dalaran and Argent Tournament in a low population realm and you'll see with your own eyes. A Zone processing NPC spawns and movements, gathering nodes, etc, then when you land you are phased to another realm where you don't have access to any of that processed elements.

Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

You're playing an MMO, not a single player game. The more you want it to be single player, the more disappointed you're going to find yourself.

The cheap illusion spreads to another corner of azeroth does it ? Great....

How about giving low pop servers ACTUAL players and not some cheap excuse for it? Anybody else astounded that Blizzard has not yet done anything? I really like MoP and much of its content, but that just baffles me. CRZ is the illusion of an MMO with all the downsides but none of the upsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    That first reason is pure BS, sorry. In fact they would please the investors by cutting costs from the game. The thing is the World of the game is HUGE now, people are spread through lots of more zones, they don't need that much instances right now, hence the CRZ.
    Yes... I'm sure the investors, who care about LONG TERM profits, really care about the short-term paltry pittance of saved profits from a few servers shut down vs the millions of subs they have lost and the initial public outlook/morale when server mergers would be announced.

...do you think even ONE of the investors even understands what actually Northrend or Dalaran is, let alone expect them to understand the very concept cross-server latency lag issues (which there were none... prior to CRZ, that is)
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by nelf View Post
    good luck getting the achievement to win the arena and loot the chest 12x times...
    Yup, it's insane now.

I'd managed to claw my way to 10 marks on my low-pop server which already always has decent competition, had some awesome fights there, on CRZ it's just a complete clusterfuck.

Guess I'm waiting until next expansion if I want the last 2.

I generally like CRZ - people wanting an empty world have zero rights to complain imo, it's an MMO - you should have expected other people from the get-go, it makes about as much sense as me buying an RPG and then complaining there isn't multiplayer, but it really isn't meshing well with the arena imo, worse than the issues it caused with rare spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    How about giving low pop servers ACTUAL players and not some cheap excuse for it? Anybody else astounded that Blizzard has not yet done anything? I really like MoP and much of its content, but that just baffles me. CRZ is the illusion of an MMO with all the downsides but none of the upsides.
    I'm sry I am not on a low pop realm so I can't relate. I hope and wish Blizz will and/or would do something to help you all in that situation.......other than saying...... "Give us money so you can bail on all the friends and people you have made relationships with on this realm".

That's not a social aspect at all !!!!!!

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Forgetting the mail problem with that. My toon is Dazu, there is many more and if there is 2 on the same realm I still need to be able to differentiate between the 2 for mail, thus my name is no longer Dazu but is now Dazu23534234 etc. In chat the other Dazu says things breaking the ToS and gets reported, but they think its me and ruins my reputation instead, thus chat now also has a number visible (but will still be highly confusing). Raids, if 2 of us end in the same group, and I need a macro based target etc, I need to be able to once again differentiate between the 2, and considering targeting via macro is by visible name would need to look different.

Would be nice to merge them, but working out how to without ruining alot more is what they cant work out yet. As above shows even your idea with how good it seems I believe would cause all kinds of problems.

Only way I can see merged servers working is last names on characters. These last names will be added at the merge and thus every toon can keep their normal name and have a different last name (first in first served basis). Would allow differentiation in mail, macros, chat etc. I imagine still some problems would pop up but something similar might work in the end.
    I had a feeling this would be confusing to people without a software development background (that's ok I don't hold that against you, it just creates a gap that's rather difficult to fill between things I consider 'given' due to past experience in the specific field and thus avoid to go into much detail to keep the text manageable).

Instead of trying to do that now I'll give you a simple test you can perform yourself in-game and that will maybe help you understand a little more.

Let's take the last option I offered which is to re-numerate the player characters unique identifiers.
    What is that I hear you asking
    Next time you're in the game type this in your chat
    Code:
    /dump UnitGUID('player')
    You'll get a bunch of gibberish that's completely unrelated to your character name "Dazu" but remains always the same and uniquely identifies your toon for the game client (and the Blizzard servers) in your realm.
    With me sofar?
    Now target another player and type
    Code:
    /dump UnitGUID('target')
    You'll get a different bunch of gibberish that uniquely identifies that other player and remains the same as long as he remains on your realm, even if they go through a name change.
    That number is like your social security number in WoW, it doesn't matter if there's another "George Foreman" your unique identifiers are ... well ... unique.

Now the only problem is that GUID (short for Globally Unique IDentifier) is actually a misnomer in WoW because it is realm based.
    However since those numbers are not stored in the client, but the Databases at the Blizzard back-end it's "trivial" (in terms of software development) to re-numerate them so each toon has a truly unique identifier across all realms.

As long as the game in the background identifies your toon by its unique id (and it already does this for a number of systems, including chat) and not its name there's nothing stopping you from having the same visible name as another player (and a hidden part that separates you two).

When they report "Dazu" (not you but a player with the same name) from the chat, or the unitframe context menu they would actually file the report against xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx (the unique identifier of that player that's not tied to their name).

This is just one example of those I gave, all of them are perfectly feasible (I'd estimate a 3month period sufficient to have a migration plan and rollout a PTR).

They're not actively working towards preparing realm mergers and instead give us this CRZ "illusion of population" with it's half-baked features not because it's technically infeasible or too hard, but for other reasons that have been alluded to, a number of times on this thread and others.

I've said this before, if it was a competitor's game that implemented a "megaserver" or "cross-shard" or any variation of this idea and stopped half-way (no x-AH, no x-Recruiting without incurring extra transfer costs, no x-grouping current content, no fix for 'dead servers', all the inconveniences of high pop realms with none of the benefits and all that for appearances only) and kept it at that infantile state for a year is it now?

Blizzard fans would be ridiculing that company and its product to no end, this company gets a free-pass to sub-standard solutions somehow
    Last edited by Drii; 2013-06-03 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whittaker View Post
    If the only argument to support CRZ is people saying "MMORPG HAS PEOPLE DEAL WITH IT", they are failing to understand the complaint of CRZ.
    Yep. Especially when they resort to cheap insults as well to replace their lack of an argument.

I want people in my MMO, not ghosts. I want resources that don't disappear when I walk towards them. I want enemies that don't disappear when I approach them. I want more people to choose from to join my raiding team.

CRZ doesn't give me that. It gives me ghosts and inconveniance. It outright ruins the fun for some people.

And ironically those same people are the ones who whine that an item level crunch would ruin their fun of running low level dungeons. Because change only matters when it effects them.

Anyway, as for the shareholders. Why would they care if some of the servers were shut down and merged? All they need to be told is "we're making cuts to the upkeep of the game by removing hardware we don't need". That's a plus - it means the game is making more profits via not spending so much on the servers. Plus it would probably bring a lot of people back to the game who quit due to their server being dead and not wanting to spend hundreds on transferring elsewhere.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    Blizzard fans would be ridiculing that company and its product to no end, this company gets a free-pass to sub-standard solutions somehow
    Not really. Ironically you're the sort of person who mocks Blizzard for certain things (LFG, for example) but then praises different companies for adding the exact same features. Or says WoW is dying when your chosen 'WoWkiller' just halved its already small subscription base. But keep kidding yourself if it makes you feel better.
    Last edited by Durandro; 2013-06-03 at 11:23 PM.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Ironically you're the sort of person who mocks Blizzard for certain things (LFG, for example) but then praises different companies for adding the exact same features. Or says WoW is dying when your chosen 'WoWkiller' just halved its already small subscription base. But keep kidding yourself if it makes you feel better.
    Are you sure you're replying to the right individual?
    I'm not offended or anything just dumbfounded about where you got all that.

"I think you're the sort of person who doesn't change their socks but that's ok if it makes you feel better."
    (Yea I have as much evidence to reach that conclusion as you, that is to say absolutely zero)
    Last edited by Drii; 2013-06-04 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Which is a problem of the community, not CRZ. I utilize CRZ all the time to play with friends on other servers, so for me, all I get is a positive experience out of it.
    That's RealID grouping, which I agree is a pretty good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Oh no, they are populating my MMO with other people! What am I going to do!?
    No, they're not. That's the core of many objections to CRZ: Blizzard is pretending to populate your MMO with more people, in no small part so it won't feel like it's full of dying realms.
    Since 9/11 the NSA has spent at least $70,000,000,000 while lying about their own effectiveness. Even if we sweep aside the extensive lawbreaking, ethical problems, economic damage, and abuse of power, the fact remains that the NSA makes us all less secure, running useless mass surveillance, with a handful of successes in other questionably legal programs.

I've probably visited the Darkmoon Faire for the last time, after yesterday's "fun" encounter with a group of 15 opposing faction people from other realms, ALL of whom were managing to attack me and others in the "sanctuary" area of the Faire. It's at the point where WoW isn't fun, as there are so many cyber bullies out there who have managed to outmaneuver the developers at Blizzard and are able to fight while still mounted on their flying mounts, attack you in a "safe zone" (three times in Dalaran and now in Darkmoon Faire), and then there is that wonderful little AddOn which allows you to track anyone, regardless of the zone/continent/city.

Unfortunately, I do not like CRZ, as it allows a lot of hate, anger, malice and obnoxious behavior to take place, and Blizzard will only turn a blind eye, saying "well, just PAY to go to a non-PvP server" or, my favorite from Ghost Crawler himself, when asked why people can't have the option of choosing PvE only on a PvP server/realm (with a very logical and well-thought argument which included cool-down times for changing, and other ideas to make it work), "If you don't like it, then you can always unsubscribe."

It does appear that Blizzard is making is unbearable for the people who want to have a fun, sane time of it in WoW, by catering to the (hopefully) relatively few who have anger issues and who get their kicks by being cyber bullies and getting their nerd rage on...

A most unfortunate turn of events, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkder View Post
    I've probably visited the Darkmoon Faire for the last time, after yesterday's "fun" encounter with a group of 15 opposing faction people from other realms, ALL of whom were managing to attack me and others in the "sanctuary" area of the Faire. It's at the point where WoW isn't fun, as there are so many cyber bullies out there who have managed to outmaneuver the developers at Blizzard and are able to fight while still mounted on their flying mounts, attack you in a "safe zone" (three times in Dalaran and now in Darkmoon Faire), and then there is that wonderful little AddOn which allows you to track anyone, regardless of the zone/continent/city.

Unfortunately, I do not like CRZ, as it allows a lot of hate, anger, malice and obnoxious behavior to take place, and Blizzard will only turn a blind eye, saying "well, just PAY to go to a non-PvP server" [snip]
    At this point is where I facepalmed...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkder View Post
    or, my favorite from Ghost Crawler himself, when asked why people can't have the option of choosing PvE only on a PvP server/realm (with a very logical and well-thought argument which included cool-down times for changing, and other ideas to make it work), "If you don't like it, then you can always unsubscribe."
    And at this point is where I laughed.

Seriously dude... please stop. Not because of right or wrong, but because you're giving those of us who hate CRZ for LEGITIMATE REASONS (IE. PVE server awfulness, destroyed economies, ect...) a REALLY bad name.

You rolled on a PVP server... PVP happens... that's the POINT of a PVP server... your reason is so pathetically minor and trite it's not funny. The whole POINT of their being PVP and PVE servers is so that people who don't like risking getting randomly ganked while playing the game don't have to...

Your "Very logical and well-thought out argument" has been implemented in the game since launch... it's called PVE SERVERS. The PVP cooldowns, everything you described... they're on the PVE servers.

WHile I don't like GC's ignorance sometimes - what you're asking for here is equally ignorant. Worse, it's making the REAL issues with CRZ look bad because people see those like you and shrug off the CRZ problem as being only a "PVPer who can't handle a PVP server" issue.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastaman View Post
    That's RealID grouping, which I agree is a pretty good thing.
    Which was not possible in the sense of questing with my friends until CRZ came out. At best we could run dungeons, and that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    At this point is where I facepalmed...

And at this point is where I laughed.

Seriously dude... please stop. Not because of right or wrong, but because you're giving those of us who hate CRZ for LEGITIMATE REASONS (IE. PVE server awfulness, destroyed economies, ect...) a REALLY bad name.

You rolled on a PVP server... PVP happens... that's the POINT of a PVP server... your reason is so pathetically minor and trite it's not funny. The whole POINT of their being PVP and PVE servers is so that people who don't like risking getting randomly ganked while playing the game don't have to...

Your "Very logical and well-thought out argument" has been implemented in the game since launch... it's called PVE SERVERS. The PVP cooldowns, everything you described... they're on the PVE servers.

WHile I don't like GC's ignorance sometimes - what you're asking for here is equally ignorant. Worse, it's making the REAL issues with CRZ look bad because people see those like you and shrug off the CRZ problem as being only a "PVPer who can't handle a PVP server" issue.
    I didn't roll on the current server, which is PvP. I started out on a PvE server, but I transferred to be with friends and people whom I admire and respect, who are in the guild which I joined. I am allowed to say that I dislike PvP, as you are allowed your own opinions.

As for "ignorance," I think that you should take the time to ponder the bigger issues, one of which is all of the people, including myself, who have moved to PvP servers ONLY because of the guild, and for no other reason. It's bad enough dealing with one set of morons who love the cyber bullying gig, but to add countless others to the mix makes it intolerable.

My point, if you had really read my post, was that there are enough "cheats" and "workarounds" to make for a nasty situation, let alone adding countless others with the same abilities to screw up what should be a great experience.

I see people like you, and the first thought is "Wow... he's got over 9,000 posts, and all he can spew is hate."

There are so many great comments, and fantastic ideas, which are posted in the forums, and derogatory remarks aren't helpful in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Does it matter? It's not like they can 'steal your kill' in any of the games there. Afraid they take your fish?
    No, but it now takes twice as long to do gathering profession quests and the first aid one. I take it from your sneering comment you do not have such professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How can you know that? It is an assumption out of thin air. I can as well claim most people would prefer a empty world. I would, for example.
    So what's the point of playing an MMO then? Play Skyrim or something if you want an empty world.