Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    No, but it now takes twice as long to do gathering profession quests and the first aid one. I take it from your sneering comment you do not have such professions.
    Oh shit, now it takes you 2 minutes to do one of those quests instead of 1. Your life is ruined.

Moderator Note: Knock off the personal stuff and stick to the topic. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-06-04 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    So what's the point of playing an MMO then? Play Skyrim or something if you want an empty world.
    This is not constructive, especially if to take into account, that barely anyone got any benefits from CRZ, some people are indifferent, some hate it and some already quitted over it. If you will read entire thread - you might understand why.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 08:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Oh shit, now it takes you 2 minutes to do one of those quests instead of 1. Your life is ruined.
    Queues for vital resources/vital activities always end catastrophically. There are many great example of this in real life - same Soviet Russia, which had long queues for food while being under illusion of happiness and, as someone before tried to call it in CRZ, fairness. It all ended in gigantic economic crisis, immense hyperinflation and separation of countries.

Crowd/queues is one of the most horrible things in the world. Stop bringing this in video game.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2013-06-04 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Queues for vital resources/vital activities always end catastrophically. There are many great example of this in real life - same Soviet Russia, which had long queues for food while being under illusion of happiness and, as someone before tried to call it in CRZ, fairness. It all ended in gigantic economic crisis, immense hyperinflation and separation of countries.

Crowd/queues is one of the most horrible things in the world. Stop bringing this in video game.
    Right, like I admit, personally aside from lag and general chat becoming shitty (the more people, the more trolls take over chat that are too numerous to ignore), I don't really have problems with any quests. Well, except for bugged quests due to lag such as the Blastenheimer Bullseye, in other words, shitty major bugs introduced that weren't there before the "great leap forward" of CRZ.

But that's not to say a new player who isn't as ruthless/fast of a clicker and sneaky with a camera won't just quit the game and go to a game that can better manage having multiple players in zones.

Again as people have pointed out numerous times, people and competition in themselves aren't the issue. The real issues are:

1) Technical issues
    2) The style of gameplay WoW represents makes having more people a bad thing, not a good thing, in zones. Until this is fixed first (and not as an afterthought), artificially pumping in people from other servers is a bad way to go.

crz is the biggest shit that blizzard developed in the last year
    it fucks up brawlers guild .. and now the arena in DMF .. i mean it's almost impossible to win right now, but with even more people it's just starting to get retarded

more people more lag .. no reason .. oh wow it doesn't look empty .. well sometimes i like it when i can do a quest withtout 5 guys sittng on a big mount in a questmob ..

Feels good to see 200 people at the DMF again instead of only 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Feels good to see 200 ghosts at the DMF again instead of only 3.
    fixed that for you - cause with people you can interact & trade ....

I understand that this is something that people disagree about and emotions can get away from you at times. That said, take a deep breath and go back through your post to be sure that stuff that's personally insulting toward those with another opinion gets deleted before hitting the button to post it. Thanks. Better you take it out than me.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    This is not constructive, especially if to take into account, that barely anyone got any benefits from CRZ, some people are indifferent, some hate it and some already quitted over it. If you will read entire thread - you might understand why.
    You're making generalizations without contributing anything to the discussion, let alone anything resembling a compelling argument. Everything that has come about in CRZ is the same as being on a high population realm. I'm sorry that you don't like interacting with people, but I would much prefer to have my world full of other people. Perhaps you haven't played many MMOs? Competition for resources, rare spawns, etc are normal. Also, condescending tones don't give you any more credibility, quite the contrary.

I think people just got spoiled by Cataclysm and forgot what the world in an MMO was like. So yeah, if you want an empty world, I'd recommend Skyrim instead of trying to make WoW dead for the rest of us. I actually enjoy interacting with people.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    fixed that for you - cause with people you can interact & trade ....
    I didn't realize you couldn't interact with people on other realms. I'm pretty sure you can. Not being able to trade with someone isn't not being able to interact with someone. You can speak to them, duel/pvp with them, emote to them, invite them to groups if they're the same faction, but right, that's not interacting at all.
    Last edited by Mukki; 2013-06-04 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Which was not possible in the sense of questing with my friends until CRZ came out. At best we could run dungeons, and that was about it.
    They just happened to come out at the same time, and they use some of the same technology, but if they could do away with CRZ and still keep RealID grouping if they wanted to, they don't want to. I'm not planning on rage quitting over this, but I reall dislike it.

I'm sorry that you don't like interacting with people, but I would much prefer to have my world full of other people. Perhaps you haven't played many MMOs? Competition for resources, rare spawns, etc are normal.

I think people just got spoiled by Cataclysm and forgot what the world in an MMO was like. So yeah, if you want an empty world, I'd recommend Skyrim instead of trying to make WoW dead for the rest of us. I actually enjoy interacting with people.[COLOR="red"]
    QFT.
    This sums up my thoughts quite well. WoW is not a single-player RPG.

Yesterday at DMF we had a Barthilas vs Frostmourne battle for the arena chest. It was a blast. Before x-realm there would have only been 1-2 people. Now there are people in the arena up for a fight even when the chest isn't around.
    It was also refreshing to see so many people running around at the faire attractions.
    Last edited by Krixooks; 2013-06-04 at 07:55 AM.

I think people just got spoiled by Cataclysm and forgot what the world in an MMO was like. So yeah, if you want an empty world, I'd recommend Skyrim instead of trying to make WoW dead for the rest of us. I actually enjoy interacting with people
    How about transferring to a high-pop sever then? You had the choice of choosing the amount of people you want to have around you all the time.
    Some people don't want a dead world, but a world with not so many other people. This is why many of them willingly play on low-pop servers.
    It's not your place to tell them that they are wrong etc.

CRZ makes this impossible, because it takes away this choice. Imo, it's definitely one of the worst things that happened to WoW in the past few years, and the reason why I almost exclusively stay in Pandaria.

news flash, it's not your island. and thank god for crz, the place was empty last month most of the time... really didn't fit the faire theme it has it's supposed to be packed with ppl.

So what's the point of playing an MMO then? Play Skyrim or something if you want an empty world.
    I'm perfectly fine with playing an MMO. What I'm not cool with is a world populated by transient ghosts who I can't trade with, join a guild with, or even count on ever seeing again.

You're making generalizations without contributing anything to the discussion, let alone anything resembling a compelling argument. Everything that has come about in CRZ is the same as being on a high population realm. I'm sorry that you don't like interacting with people, but I would much prefer to have my world full of other people. Perhaps you haven't played many MMOs? Competition for resources, rare spawns, etc are normal. Also, condescending tones don't give you any more credibility, quite the contrary.

I think people just got spoiled by Cataclysm and forgot what the world in an MMO was like. So yeah, if you want an empty world, I'd recommend Skyrim instead of trying to make WoW dead for the rest of us. I actually enjoy interacting with people.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 12:21 AM ----------

I didn't realize you couldn't interact with people on other realms. I'm pretty sure you can. Not being able to trade with someone isn't not being able to interact with someone. You can speak to them, duel/pvp with them, emote to them, invite them to groups if they're the same faction, but right, that's not interacting at all.
    It's always the same stupid arguments, like the "special" people who think because you can queue for content, and even though other human beings are playing with you, queuable content makes WoW a "single player game". I bet it's the same kind of people making these arguments :x

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    2) The style of gameplay WoW represents makes having more people a bad thing, not a good thing, in zones. Until this is fixed first (and not as an afterthought), artificially pumping in people from other servers is a bad way to go.
    This is the biggest thing I agree with as a negative of CRZ. I like CRZ, but Blizzard needs to make the game about working together, rather then competing with each other. The new Barrens Commanders and the way they handle rares on Isle of Thunder are huge positive steps that they need to run with.

For example, instead of making the bunny a drop, making it a very low chance possible roll drop like LFR. Anyone on the island can join into the fight and the rabbit scales up just like the other rares. Adding "Cross-Faction" grouping would be another great step, and finally they need to just remove the "tap" mechanic as we know it from most quest mobs. The first person to attack "taps" the loot, but if another attacks it they both get credit. I don't care if some loser will abuse the system by just running around another guy questing throwing up a dot or something before running off, it's still one more DOT I have helping me kill the mob then I had a few seconds ago. It's a win/win and stops the idea of us having to fight each other for anything in the game.

But this would only happen if Blizzard was smart, which these days, they are not. They are obsessed with dragging out game content, and I am pretty sure GC is bitter over his design choices of Cataclysm 4.0 failing so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with playing an MMO. What I'm not cool with is a world populated by transient ghosts who I can't trade with, join a guild with, or even count on ever seeing again.
    For those who're genuinely of that opinion, an improved implementation of CRZ would be a perfectly legitimate solution. Those complaints are all based around restrictions to CRZ, not CRZ itself.

Something breaking down the barriers between servers nearly completely, but without having to do server merges & deal with the resultant QQ.

I like DMF being populated, it looks cool and seems more like a faire to me.

Bad luck for people hunting Darkmoon Rabbit but Blizzard are obviously happier for that pet to be rare instead of farmable on low-pop servers.

"Lol u angry cuz ther r ppl in mmo"

So all the players I saw everywhere on my high pop. server before CRZ didn't really exist. It's all my imagination!

So basically i should of been more serious about farming the Darkmoon Dominator.. Cause now its gonna suck to get and be so spread out..

yeah i never post, i just read... but if you are a developer reading this, i can't stress this enough: please remove cross realm feature. It is absolutely horrible.