Thread: ETA 5.4 Live?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ETA 5.4 Live?

I know its EXTREMELY early to even be calling it now, but with all these new features, a 10+ boss raid (nothings confirmed but alot of speculation around 14), and just...well...everything else.

What do you think the ETA on 5.4 will be? Not the PTR but the actual live release on live servers?

Its possible they've been working on this for awhile now, and probably have been, but for how long & on what?

Leave your opinions =)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 months plus or minus.

How isn't it confirmed if the dungeon journal holds 14 encounters? Just sayin'.

And I would say end of august. Just a guess. I would like it in July, but that seems very unrealistic. :c

10+ Year Old Account
    The journal has 14 bosses. (ofcourse this can change)

My 2 cents are on the very very late august or early September.

I haven't been paying attention to the whole journal. I'm a little late on that whole thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the amount of stuff that's in 5.4--and perhaps other stuff we have yet to hear about--this PTR may take a while.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    My 2 cents are on the very very late august or early September.
    My feelings as well!

Loads of stuff in this patch, anything before mid-September would greatly surprise me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sept-October, we'll have to wait and see!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Given the amount of stuff that's in 5.4--and perhaps other stuff we have yet to hear about--this PTR may take a while.
    Unfortunately they won't be able to debug the cross-realm features on PTR so some of the debugging will, alas, be happening when it goes live.

The cross-realm features are probably the most critical and complex but PTR won't be suitable for shaking the last bugs out. I would expect some ridiculous bugs for weeks after it goes live. (Remember how long it took to get ONE fishing tournament back, in altered form, and how long it took 2-person mounts to stop being deathmobiles?) I'm sure auction goblins will have some very unpleasant experiences (I'm planning on it myself).

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna say late August.

When it is ready.
    It is impossible to predict, since this is a very early stage and simply nowhere near a stable feature-set.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    late august or early September.
    Gotta agree with this. ~3 months is what I would expect. Releasing it when people settle down after summer break will be great for business.

10+ Year Old Account
    September 10th.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Late September/Early October is my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Unfortunately they won't be able to debug the cross-realm features on PTR so some of the debugging will, alas, be happening when it goes live.

The cross-realm features are probably the most critical and complex but PTR won't be suitable for shaking the last bugs out. I would expect some ridiculous bugs for weeks after it goes live. (Remember how long it took to get ONE fishing tournament back, in altered form, and how long it took 2-person mounts to stop being deathmobiles?) I'm sure auction goblins will have some very unpleasant experiences (I'm planning on it myself).
    Yeah, agree with all of that. One more thing to re-emphasize from the last 12 months: Blizzard and Auction Houses. If you've had any experience with D3 you'll know what I'm talking about. It's just a source of pain even with something as settled as the AH's we hav now. A lot of the rest can sort of be faux-tested in small ways by the devs on live with the current CRZ groupings but it won't get anything even close to a load test until it goes live.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'm going to say 4-5 months. Probably after Blizzcon so they can make sure everything is in order and they're not trying to rush a patch right before the convention.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

august last week

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    September seems neat, that would be about a year after MoP launched, so a patch that kinda wraps up the storyline seems fitting as a sort of "anniversary".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

With all the new features and the new raid to test, I would wager a guess for at least 2 1/2 to 3 months at the earliest. (That and 2-3 months is when summer break will be over for the kiddies, so hold off to try and get more people to try it out.)