Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    people have such issues with basic competition with other people, this whole game has been competition with other people in every respect, dont see how it differs, this comes in from farming to end game raiding, why should this differ from other elements of the game, competition is healthy, should note, im only refering to items, not numbers in terms of dps etc...

Actually, they dropped spawn times for all rares a couple months after turning on CRZ. Of course that doesn't mean we're better off than pre-CRZ, quite the contrary, it's still much worse.

Oh joy, another area I have to avoid on Area 52 horde

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post

That said, I do like CRZ on the DMF island. It doesn't really get in the way of anything important. I wouldn't mind CRZ in zones where there is no competition for things like towns and sanctuaries.
    Try doing the First Aid quest :3
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

It's hard for me to see the CRZ feature as anything other than an awkward attempt to fix the larger problems surrounding realm and faction population balances. The cynical side of me believes this is due to how much money is made through the overpriced realm and faction transfers. A dead realm is a dead realm regardless of CRZ and a populated realm is all the more frustrating when you have to contend with players from other realms in addition to those on your home realm.
    Last edited by SturdyGamer; 2013-06-02 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    It's hard for me to see the CRZ feature as anything other than an awkward attempt to fix the larger problems surrounding realm and faction population balances. The cynical side of me believes this is due to how much money is made through the overpriced realm and faction transfers. A dead realm is a dead realm regardless of CRZ and a populated realm is all the more frustrating when you have to contend with players from other realms in addition to those on your home realm.
    It is obviously and transparently an attempt to fix realm/faction populations and imbalances. They aren't trying to hide that. They're trying to avoid server merges.

What they really need to do is to integrate something like oqueue into the game, allowing players to setup cross-server groups for anything they want. Warbringer farming, dungeons, heroic scenarios, old raid achievements, etc. Then they should merge auction houses on low-populated factions/realms and set resources and rare spawns to phase separately from CRZ. At that point it would work OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no fan of CRZ and have never been. There are issues with low pop and high pop realms alike though when it comes to what it is you want to do with your characters there.

I left my old CRZ'd but low pop server and joined a high pop server for PvP reasons and I love it, but there's zero chance I'll ever be able to get anything rare on it.

My solution? I'm leveling a fresh character on one of the two non-CRZ'd servers for the sole reason of finding rares (achievements, battle pets, mounts) for my account. Sure it seems tough starting fresh on some server with no heirlooms and no gold but it's really not that difficult anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I'm no fan of CRZ and have never been. There are issues with low pop and high pop realms alike though when it comes to what it is you want to do with your characters there.

I left my old CRZ'd but low pop server and joined a high pop server for PvP reasons and I love it, but there's zero chance I'll ever be able to get anything rare on it.

My solution? I'm leveling a fresh character on one of the two non-CRZ'd servers for the sole reason of finding rares (achievements, battle pets, mounts) for my account. Sure it seems tough starting fresh on some server with no heirlooms and no gold but it's really not that difficult anymore.
    Like what time lost proto drake? That's nearly impossible now I'm so glad I got mine before CRZ didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    I was being completely sarcastic. It's the other tool I have for stupid redundant CRZ complaints. I was going to go with "go play a single player game", but that's as cliche as the CRZ complaints them selves.

Bah.. I apoligize if I took you seriously. Sometimes the most sarcastic of people seem to not see sarcasm well ~ but yes i totally agree and see what you are saying now.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Like what time lost proto drake? That's nearly impossible now I'm so glad I got mine before CRZ didn't exist.
    I hate you. No I don't - but at least you see what I'm saying about the TLPD.... it's as if no one believes me it is about 100x HARDER to get now and only due to CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    No, actually, I got my time lost proto drake back when Ulduar was the main raid by chance...my guild was flying up to start the raid and I found it on my way over there by pure luck.

However, I still haven't gotten things like Aeonaxx, Poseidus, Unborn Val'kyr and other rare battle pets...and I'm leveling a fourth hunter because I like the class and for some reason I think it'll make me feel better to get the rare pets that I want one at least one of them. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Bah.. I apoligize if I took you seriously. Sometimes the most sarcastic of people seem to not see sarcasm well ~ but yes i totally agree and see what you are saying now.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 10:59 AM ----------

I hate you. No I don't - but at least you see what I'm saying about the TLPD.... it's as if no one believes me it is about 100x HARDER to get now and only due to CRZ.
    Lol I'll tell you a short memory here of a Skype conversation - >

Friend: Dude I just found TLPD flying to this shit right now
    30 seconds later
    Friend: What the fuck it disappeared like RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME THE FUCK IT WAS RIGHT THERE RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE !@%#^%^$^$^

Oh he was so mad it was beyond amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    it only gives the illusion that its alive, the only things that became more "alive" is lowbie lvling and duels outside of org/sw

coz a game in which you can raid/bg with up to 40 people totally means that without CRZ WoW feels like a single-player game

that rabbit requires at least 15+ people to kill, only drops one per kill, and has a respawn averaging at 14-42 hours, and the DMF only lasts 1 week out of every month... and you imply that without CRZ it ISNT a battle to get this pet?????

you're the type of idiot who thinks wow is only great when you have to take an excessive amount of time to do anything....
    illusion, how is it a illusion if they are actual players.
    merging servers or x-realming are exact same thing you know
    if they merge the servers that are x-realmed then you get same result that we have now.
    It isn't illusion it's reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    The goal of CRZ is simple: Revitalize the game world(s) by linking specific zones together across realms to inflate the number of players to match the population levels that existed when that zone's content was "current" (i.e. getting a TLPD -should- be hard, just as hard as it was in Wrath). This is a good premise for the most part.

The problem with CRZ is the lack of player choice because the "population levels" that CRZ reaches are no longer influenced by player choice like they were pre-CRZ. Pre-CRZ, players could make a choice for how active they wanted their realm to be because Low, Medium, High, and Full essentially corresponded to realm activity as well as population. Now, that choice has been revoked with the introduction of CRZ, and low population players are forced into zones with a "Full" population capacity.

The solution is simple (okay maybe that's a lie): Dynamically adjust and recreate CRZ groups every week after accounting for realm populations in a way that makes the overall resulting population in the zone equal to the average amount of players doing high-level content divided by a static factor determined through some basic statistics work.

Would this be arbitrary? Sure. Would it take a lot of fine-tuning? Yes. However, it would also give the people who want a low population experience a TRUE low population experience - not the "empty world" nonsense that some people want, but not the "Full" population realm nonsense that they didn't sign up for either.

If you were playing on a High population realm and you're mad because you actually have real competition for old-content items now, then too bad for you. If you were playing on a PvP realm with a ridiculous faction imbalance in your side's favor and now you have to actually do PvP, then too bad for you. If you want your game to literally be completely empty, then too bad for you.

It's the people on Low/Medium servers that are forced to play at High/Full population sizes that have legitimate issues in my mind. I have zero sympathy for the other groups of people who are just now understanding what everyone else had to go through when old content was still relevant.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    It's a rare pet. Rare.

I'll let you think about what that word means for a little bit. No rush. We have all day.
    Rare means still there infrequently. Instead of our own server to contend with, we now have 5 - 7 other servers worth of guilds/groups to fight for tap. The damn thing should just work like Sha and its mount, I mean, that's still rare right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can disable CRZ. But....its tehnicaly *against the rules*

Belive me i hate it myself. And you can see crz ppl in pandaria (most of them camping mounts). (lucky its not enabled yet for barrens quests)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The goal of CRZ is simple: Revitalize the game world(s) by linking specific zones together across realms to inflate the number of players to match the population levels that existed when that zone's content was "current" (i.e. getting a TLPD -should- be hard, just as hard as it was in Wrath). This is a good premise for the most part.
    It's the people on Low/Medium servers that are forced to play at High/Full population sizes that have legitimate issues in my mind. I have zero sympathy for the other groups of people who are just now understanding what everyone else had to go through when old content was still relevant.
    I've played since late Vanilla and the server I used to play on was a High pop back in BC and WotLK and I can honestly say I believe there is still more competition for something like the TLPD now with CRZ than there was back then.

I have one hunter who I camped Loque'nahak and Skoll on back in WotLK and got both of them within a week's time. My main now is on a High pop server and I've attempted to camp those pets. It's pretty near impossible with at least five other people (if not more) flying around/camping every single spawn point at every single hour of every single day because of CRZ. I've pretty much given up hope of ever getting those pets on my main.

If given the choice I'd likely roll some of my characters on Low/Medium servers just because I like them better most of the time. My main characters are on High/Full pop servers because I want to be able to find raids/RBGs/arenas easily and I'm fine with that.

I just can't agree that CRZ now is the same as when "old content was still relevant" though. A CRZ'd population is still much, much fuller than even some Med/High servers were back in WotLK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    illusion, how is it a illusion if they are actual players.
    merging servers or x-realming are exact same thing you know
    if they merge the servers that are x-realmed then you get same result that we have now.
    It isn't illusion it's reality.
    You are still unable to join other people's guilds, you are still unable to do any proper current content with them, and hell even the continent everyone is using has no crossrealm zone. All this does is throw other people in lower slightly less relevant areas to take up resources. Not only that, but people are acting like such dicks towards other people because they are on a different server anyway. There is no reason to be nice to someone in a cross realm zone other than making yourself feel good. You don't play with other people, you fight with bots over resources.

Meanwhile if you are on a low populated server you are still stuck there without being able to get anything done in current content. That's the illusion, the older world looks alive. Meanwhile you are still stuck on your server.

Not related to the point I was trying to make, but I personally feel that cross realm zones sucked out most of my enjoyment of the game. I've had zero pleasant experiences because of it so far. I've always been polite and nice to people I met regardless of where and how I meet them. Unfortunately this is rapidly disappearing as I have no reason to interact with anyone now. Lately I've been ignoring whispers I get ranging from ''can you help me with X?'' or ''I love your transmog!''. Cross realm zones ruined the community. Even more compared to a flat out nearly empty server.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-06-02 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    You are still unable to join other people's guilds, you are still unable to do any proper current content with them, and hell even the continent everyone is using has no crossrealm zone. All this does is throw other people in lower slightly less relevant areas to take up resources. Not only that, but people are acting like such dicks towards other people because they are on a different server anyway. There is no reason to be nice to someone in a cross realm zone other than making yourself feel good. You don't play with other people, you fight with bots over resources.

Meanwhile if you are on a low populated server you are still stuck there without being able to get anything done in current content.
    Well sometimes i got a felling they implented CRZ just too keep us subbed longer when we farm XX rare mount .

If i didnt camp the new minipet in northend from a 1.st day i would probaly get it 6 mounts later.
    I already see that pet from silithus too be a new minfernal....
    Don't sweat the details!!!

CRZ is definitely the worst feature ever added to the game.

You can't join guilds or raid current content cross realm, so it really doesn't address any of the issues people wanted solved by such a technology in the first place. Now it just pisses off anyone who likes to collect pets, mounts, or anything else that has way too many people from way too many servers fighting you for it.

The only people who like the change are the chump PVPers whose only fun in the game is ganking lowbies.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    CRZ is definitely the worst feature ever added to the game.

You can't join guilds or raid current content cross realm, so it really doesn't address any of the issues people wanted solved by such a technology in the first place. Now it just pisses off anyone who likes to collect pets, mounts, or anything else that has way too many people from way too many servers fighting you for it.

The only people who like the change are the chump PVPers whose only fun in the game is ganking lowbies.
    Not going to lie I do kill people on sight so yeah that's the only remotely good thing about it in my eyes haha sorry lowbies