Deleted

Boost buying and WoWProgress rankings

Whilst the requirement for only two people in a certain guild to have an achievement for a boss kill speeds up WoWprogress' identifying of kills, it also has a rather annoying side effect. Should any 2 players from the same guild purchase a ToT hc boost, their guild will be flagged as having completed ToT HC on that day, and a ranking will be attributed.

Taking my own server, Kazzak-EU for example, a guild which has been on the server since 2012 (ruling out the possibility of a transfer) and completed their first ToT normal mode run last week, is now ranked as the world 81 10 man guild, courtesy of 2 players killing Ra-den 25 man (and the other bosses from Durumu onwards) on the same day.

Whilst I am in no way criticising boosting or the purchasing of boosts (people can do whatever they want with their gold), the consequence of inflated rankings is both annoying in terms of a yard-stick of where one's guild actually are in the greater scheme of things, but also in terms of recruitment, as rankings are a way by which many players choose which guilds to apply to, and should they be unaware of this inflation, one's own guild can seem outside the boundaries of where these players hope to be, even though they actually are.

Perhaps I am being a bit pathetic here, but I feel that it would benefit others that they might be made aware of this phenomenon.

wow I was not aware of this. that's really sad. I mean im happy they got the ahivment and all but it feels like it punishes other guilds for not doing the same. In my opinion atlest 4/5th of your raid must be in the guild to be a guild run. ( 8 in 10m, 20 in 25)

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Blood fox. Wowprogress should check the guild's armory for a guild achievement rather than the individual members'

Deleted
    Who are you talking about? Only pwnanza and envy have 13/13 on kazzak.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A new 13/13 guild recently transferred here too, Lightwind? Hope we don't get queue's again :S But on topic, didn't know they changed it so only 2 people need the kill for the guild to be awarded, that seem's very......weird.

Oh, maybe they didn't transfer here and I guess that's the guild you are talking about, which make's sense as I've never seen them before :P
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-06-02 at 02:45 PM.

if you pay attention have one guild with 2 position in rank, after transfer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    A new 13/13 guild recently transferred here too, Lightwind? Hope we don't get queue's again :S But on topic, didn't know they changed it so only 2 people need the kill for the guild to be awarded, that seem's very......weird.

Oh, maybe they didn't transfer here and I guess that's the guild you are talking about, which make's sense as I've never seen them before :P
    That guild Lightwind shows with progress for tier 15 with n/a for me, despite having 3 people with Ra-Den 25. And the boosts were 10, 9 and 2 days ago. When I go to the guild progress, they don't even show on the first page...

Not related to boosting but Wowprogress really needs to do a better job with guild transfers / mergers.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/kel-thuzad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    That guild Lightwind shows with progress for tier 15 with n/a for me, despite having 3 people with Ra-Den 25. And the boosts were 10, 9 and 2 days ago. When I go to the guild progress, they don't even show on the first page...
    This was the guild in question, but they have since been reset by WoWprogress.