How much worse of a HDD is this?

So first off let me just say I am not so good with computers, all my PC's are pre-builts.

Okay so I have a feeling my HDD is dying, looked it up through a program and found its this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...GST-_-22145304

Went to my older crappy comp. took out the HDD looked up the info and found its this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=q0ywufoisz69

Now putting that HDD aside for when (if) I install it into my primary machine I just need to ask, how big of a diifference is a 16MB cache compared to a 32MB Cache? Judging by the information I get on both HDD's, the only differences is that, and of course the space. I do not use more than 200gigs of space so that is far from a problem.

That is pretty much it, just mainly figure I ask to see if anyone knows how much of a difference that HDD will be compared to my current one. Thank you
    Last edited by c313; 2013-06-02 at 02:51 PM.

Your links are broken, you need to re-edit and copy the links from the address bar and then edit those back in.

Sorry I fixed them now

Deleted
    The Samsung Spinpoint F3 is a great drive and recommended very often before the Thailand flooding crippled hard drive suppliers. Should notice any performance loss compared to the Deathstar drive.

Next purchase you might consider is an SSD 120-250GB range, depending on budget. You'll notice a huge difference compared to your mechanical hard drive. faster loading of games, programs, reboots and everything just feels snappier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    The Samsung Spinpoint F3 is a great drive and recommended very often before the Thailand flooding crippled hard drive suppliers. Should notice any performance loss compared to the Deathstar drive.

Next purchase you might consider is an SSD 120-250GB range, depending on budget. You'll notice a huge difference compared to your mechanical hard drive. faster loading of games, programs, reboots and everything just feels snappier.
    Seconding this general advice, but the Spinpoint F3 was one of the best HDDs of its generation. Yes, it's no WD Caviar range, but it's still a decent "secondary" drive in an SSD build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Seconding this general advice, but the Spinpoint F3 was one of the best HDDs of its generation. Yes, it's no WD Caviar range, but it's still a decent "secondary" drive in an SSD build.
    Isn't that what i was saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be clear, regardless of what you buy... Cache size over 16mb makes almost no difference in anything. Consider better or cheaper options, and ignore the cache size.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    To be clear, regardless of what you buy... Cache size over 16mb makes almost no difference in anything. Consider better or cheaper options, and ignore the cache size.
    As I understand it he already have these drives, first one being the one that is dying and the Samsung being the replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, well.

>.>

I suppose "Not Dying" is a pretty significant perk.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Ah, well.

>.>

I suppose "Not Dying" is a pretty significant perk.
    Haha indeed