Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just to update, I finally did get a dagger for the current content -- Iron Qon's Boot Knife -- which dropped last night. Final tally: 15 kills of Magaera and Iron Qon on normal, times 2 drops per kill, plus 1 coin per kill, equals 45 attempts before getting a 522 dagger, a drop rate of 2.2 percent. On LFR, 23 kills of Magaera and Iron Qon times 2 drops per kill, plus 1 coin on about 15 of the kills, equals 61 attempts and NO level 502 daggers, a drop rate of, well, 0%.

And finally, there is supposed to be a random boss drop of Fyn's Flickering Dagger. I have killed 115 ToT bosses on LFR and 77 ToT bosses on normal, and NO random dagger drop, for a drop rate of 0%.

I understand that Blizzard has been trying to slow down the pace of play this time around, to the point where it's harder to get BOE loot, or VP loot, or BMAH loot, it's slower to walk back from the graveyard, there are more reputation grinds to make profession progress, and on and on. But drop rates this low for normal weapons that go with this tier are simply dispiriting to players. And there is a lingering sense of unfairness, whether perceived or actual. (I mean, how many strength weapons have dropped in the 3 1/2 months since this tier opened on March 5? I bet it's more than the 1 agility dagger that finally dropped for me.)
    Last edited by islander; 2013-06-21 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Spelled Magaera wrong; probably why I got no drops!

Our Rogue got 2 Maegara daggers during 1 kill. 1 dropped 1 from coin. Random is random.

>for a drop rate of 0%.

your sample size is too small to make this claim.

sooner or later they WILL drop but i think the shared boss loot dagger is a myth
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    sooner or later they WILL drop but i think the shared boss loot dagger is a myth
    These, this and this beg to differ. Oh, and this too.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure of the droprate, but keep running Heroic Scenarios every day, there's a (small) chance to give you 516 daggers which you can upgrade to 524 if you're lucky enough to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    >for a drop rate of 0%.

your sample size is too small to make this claim.
    From a statistical point of view, you are no doubt correct. I was engaging in hyperbole because in terms of its effects on me, the drop rate might just as well have been 0%. I make that claim on the basis of having downed 115 ToT bosses on LFR and 77 ToT bosses on normal, each of which dropped two items. That's 192 bosses dropping 384 items, and 0 daggers. I don't know ultimately what the drop rate is, but if you see 384 items and none of them is a dagger, the drop rate effectively might just as well be 0%.
    Last edited by islander; 2013-06-21 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Our rogue has been given 4x thunder forged daggers so far lol... Don't know what he wanted with 4 but there ya go rofl.

Rogues get quad wield next patch.

Honestly, I dont get the point here... obviously daggers aren't going to have a higher than standard drop rate when only part of 1 class uses them. Given the size of the loot table and the fact that you are on 10m, your luck is clearly under average but I'm not even sure its bottom 10%.

That shared loot stuff does have a far lower drop rate to counter that it can drop off multiple bosses (they should have learned how annoying that was back in DS...). So yeah, it is going to be very low and these are independent events so if the drop is 1%, you may have had 384 shots at it so far but next boss is still 1%. My guild went until 5.0 before getting a normal or heroic vial in DS on 25m and you are no where near that number of chances yet.

I'm convinced they have removed all rogue loot. Still haven't seen the belt off the bird guy and a total of one Iron Qon dagger and 1 shared loot dagger, which was with a bonus roll. 25 man btw.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

I got mine withing a few weeks and a thunderforged dagger

took 9 kills to see a meg one, and 8 IQ kills to see one of those. And by see I don't mean drop, had to coin them both.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    20 kills on Meg and 12 on Qon. I only have one bootknife to show for it. It's always been that way with my daggers, yet my alts will get the best luck on the rare occasions I bring them. It's made me consider switching mains a few times, but I can't quit my rogue for whatever reason lol. Even with my offhand still being a 483 lfr pos, I still outperform other dps though so at least I have that to be happy with.

Deleted
    I got the shared boss loot dagger 522 on our second kill of the first boss in ToT and quickly got an LFR Qon dagger so happy enough with my assassin weps , just cant for the life of me get any combat main hand weapon , am so tired of fist weapons I just wanna mogg to a sword (

I got 3x daggers megaera from coins, + it dropped 2x times. The 1h axe from council also dropped 2x and got 1x from coin. I was actually thinking I was unlucky to never see a thunderforged version of any of them, but I guess I've been quite lucky after all.

Never seen the shared dagger or the one from Iron Qon, though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got the dagger off Meg last night. I'm completely bombarded by hit, but at least I have 2 current tier daggers now.

We got our first Heroic Iron Qon kill last night (on our first attempt this week, oddly), and not only did he drop the dagger for the first time this tier, but he also dropped RDMD token (our druid was out, our mage has heroic TF nonset, so me), and I coined the boots.

3 upgrades off of one boss. Seems legit.

Deleted
    12 times Megaera, 9 times Qon (all 25m kills) = no dagger.

1 Qon kill on alt tank (missing MT) = 2 daggers.

Srs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same boat! But yes, ransom is random. I just got my 2nd dagger( bonus: it is TF) , but I had only gotten my first dagger 3 weeks ago. I still haven't seen the one off Iron Qon.