Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    RTS.

I can't stand RTS games. I really like TBSs, but having to think strategically on the fly is not my strong point in the slightest. Now, I really enjoy watching SC2 as a spectator sport, but playing it... Everything seems to be moving at ultra speed while I'm sitting here debating the worth of building more marines or something with a wheel or 4. When I've finally devised a good strategy, I find someone knocking at me door with a bunch of mutated whatchamadoodaas ready to tear me a new one.

Aside from RTS... I dislike the strategy elements in games like Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age, which is a shame because I really love the stories. I've always concluded that I never really enjoyed BioWares works until Jade Empire and Mass Effect when things got more action-based with more control over the character, and none of that pause bollocks I've come to dislike. I have played through those old RPG's and I typically put the settings on Easy (Or in the case of Dragon Age, downloaded a mod that gave me a 1 shot ability) because of how much I dislike the combat. Despite some claiming how much I ruin the game, it allows me to experience the part's I really like without worsening the experience by forcing me through parts I dislike; using cheats and such effectively does the complete opposite of ruining the game in that it makes it playable.

Something I will point out because it always gets asked, "How come you say you like Turn-Based Strategies but don't like the RPG's with pause mechanics?", and to answer... I have no idea. I've tried to get into it, I can't and I don't like it. It's possiblt down to the fact that I'm still not being the characters. I'm telling so and so to do an action, I'm not performing the action.

I don't typically bring this whole thing up because the reaction I usually get is akin to "Look at the idiot who can only play shooters".

Deleted
    FPS (CoD, BF etc, etc) and moba (could never get into them, dunny why)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sport games (barring extreme sports, like THPS2/3, BMX/Snowboarding etc), Sim games, strategy games and never fancies Moba games.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    RTS.

I can't stand RTS games. I really like TBSs, but having to think strategically on the fly is not my strong point in the slightest. Now, I really enjoy watching SC2 as a spectator sport, but playing it... Everything seems to be moving at ultra speed while I'm sitting here debating the worth of building more marines or something with a wheel or 4. When I've finally devised a good strategy, I find someone knocking at me door with a bunch of mutated whatchamadoodaas ready to tear me a new one.

Aside from RTS... I dislike the strategy elements in games like Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age, which is a shame because I really love the stories. I've always concluded that I never really enjoyed BioWares works until Jade Empire and Mass Effect when things got more action-based with more control over the character, and none of that pause bollocks I've come to dislike. I have played through those old RPG's and I typically put the settings on Easy (Or in the case of Dragon Age, downloaded a mod that gave me a 1 shot ability) because of how much I dislike the combat. Despite some claiming how much I ruin the game, it allows me to experience the part's I really like without worsening the experience by forcing me through parts I dislike; using cheats and such effectively does the complete opposite of ruining the game in that it makes it playable.

Something I will point out because it always gets asked, "How come you say you like Turn-Based Strategies but don't like the RPG's with pause mechanics?", and to answer... I have no idea. I've tried to get into it, I can't and I don't like it. It's possiblt down to the fact that I'm still not being the characters. I'm telling so and so to do an action, I'm not performing the action.

I don't typically bring this whole thing up because the reaction I usually get is akin to "Look at the idiot who can only play shooters".
    You are like opposite of me. I love Starcraft in both playing and watching. I love Dragon Age:Origins and I think DA2's combat is garbage with its fast paced action style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You are like opposite of me. I love Starcraft in both playing and watching. I love Dragon Age:Origins and I think DA2's combat is garbage with its fast paced action style.
    To further prove your point, I loved DA2's combat. I only dislike that there were many other factors in the game that let it down (I think my ideal would be DA2's combat with everything else from DA:O).

Any sport simulations.

Moba games and music games.Those seem silly to me.

FPS, Sports games. Also hate 3rd person shooter games with really tight cameras. Come to think of it, it's usually the camera that's the deciding factor of whether or not I play a game past the intro. If I don't get to see as much of the field that is acceptable to me, I bail on the game.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    sports games and simulations except racing.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Hidden Object/Point and Click.
    Little to no actual control, just a few pre-determined actions potentially in a fixed sequence.

FPS and sports games. Although I will try/play them if there seems to be enough buzz around a particular title.

10+ Year Old Account
    first person game's... 3rd person or im out.. wanna actully see the character im playing

10+ Year Old Account
    Sports games. I just do not get it, why people spend so much time playing Fifa or NHL instead of actually going out and do the sport in real. ...
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

10+ Year Old Account
    FPS's are generally boring, fighting games (Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter) have no 'purpose' and get dry very quickly due to having to memorize so many different attacks with weird and annoying button combinations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Sports games. Also I've found 2d platformers (DUST, Super Mario, etc.) quite dull. If the movement is limited to 2d, its gotta be a fighting game.

10+ Year Old Account
    fighting, sport (id rather play real football than on a tv or pc screen), games that sacrifice singleplayer content for multiplayer (ratchet & clank started as a great singleplayer series but tried to go with multiplayer and so the singleplayer got shorter and shorter), party games (music, dance, singing, excersize) aka most wii games

10+ Year Old Account
    RTS. I suck at them.

And as to the OP: I prefer TPS to FPS It's more fun to actually see the character.
    Putin khuliyo

Probably racing and sports games. I simply don't play them because they don't appeal to me. Unless it's something like Mario Kart or Diddy Kong Racing. I make exceptions for those.

Of the genres I play and enjoy, RTS is probably my least favorite.

Sports games like FIFA stuff. I just don't get it.

Deleted
    I like FPS/TPS games, but I don't like them online in a competitive field. L4D and TF2 I can cope with! They're fun but crap like CoD/BF... No, people ruin the game for me every time.

And I don't like RTS conflict games, even against the computer. I LOVE building civilizations however, cities, empires but when it comes down to full blown conflict and nothing else, it just makes me sad... Call me boring but I like playing the peaceful diplomatic guy