Deleted

so reached level 20 human, got a quest to report to 3 factions

So my human warrior has reached level 20. she's specced arms and has 4 signets for the 200 precision. I can hold my own pretty well now. I just met Queen Jennah and she asked me to report to 3 factions somewhere, who are all involved in fighting the Big Bad in some way, each with different style.

How does this work? Can I work for all 3 factions and get involved in all 3 at the same time? or are they mutually exclusive? And what's the difference between them?

15+ Year Old Account
    You can only pick one of the factions, and during your quest, the NPCs will explain what they are and what they want. The quest will tell you when your final decision is due, but until then you can choose to help whichever for a handful of quests.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Deleted
    You may want to know that each order has their own armor and weapons (skins that you can only get from order vendor, vendor is only available if you are part of that order).

Vigil armor
    weapons: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vigil_weapon

Order of Whispers armor
    weapons: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whis...Secret_weapons

Durmand Priory armor
    weapons: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Priory_weapon

Order of whispers had the best story with one of the most memorable characters.

I liked Order of Whispers and Priory's story/people over Vigil, but Vigil's armor is nicest, not like any of the stories were "bad", really.

I really don't care for Order of Whispers base though, it's instanced and deep and irksome.

Deleted
    so if I want to experience all 3 factions, I need to level 3 characters? does it matter what race, or do all 5 races get the same storyline from each faction?

Would need 3 characters, yes.

Any race can join any faction. But there is a prelude specific to each race before joining a faction.

In the end, every race and faction have the same story. It all converges to the same missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    so if I want to experience all 3 factions, I need to level 3 characters? does it matter what race, or do all 5 races get the same storyline from each faction?
    The level 1-10 story is based on a race option at char-gen, the level 11-20 story is based on a different choice at char-gen. (Either has 3 options).
    21-30 is the intro of the factions, each race is unique, and you do 3 missions, each of which is a choice between two of the factions, then finally you choose a faction (permenant choice).
    31-40 is intro work for your faction, race doesn't matter.
    41-50 is to work with a monster-race, there are 5 options, you get to choose from 3 of them based on your race.
    50+ is all the same for everyone, with minor variations based on faction and some other choices made along the way.