10+ Year Old Account

Microcenter Haswell/Mobo deals too good to be true?

I understand the fact that upgrading from a 3rd Gen i5, i7 may not be a very large upgrade at all. But for those building a new computer these prices are fantastic..

Does anyone out there think they will get better? Or do you think that this is a promotional thing that will go away?

Here are the deals!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah this promotion is available almost all year round. It's pretty well known that Microcenter offers significant discounts on Intel CPU's over other retailers but are only available in-store. (You can only reserve it online but you still have to go to the store to pick it up because they won't ship it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Expected. About $20 more than IB, which is what was predicted.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Microcenter offers deals like that to get people in the store, and hope that they buy the rest of the computer there (and various impulse buys that stores like Microcenter actually make their profit on).

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose living in the US has some perks then ha.

I will gladly drive around 15 mins out of my way for a deal like that.

Deleted
    Question has been answered, but for the sake of being consistent on our boards there is a megathread dedicated to Computer hardware sales and deals.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ad-Daily-Deals!

Closing!