Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyveriate View Post
    I don't like mixing RNG with more RNG. I know that it can save a huge positioning problem and fix a problem, but it can also cause a death when there might not have been one. I'm also not arguing against nitro boosts for other classes who might not match a hunter's mobility and can more easily fall into the 'nitro boosts or die/wipe' situation, I'm arguing against it on a hunter because of our superior mobility. But if you really need it, then use it.

As to a disengage, if you're implying that it would be better use nitro boosts to accomplish something you could do just as easily with a disengage, then I will have to strongly disagree with you. You might take a few attempts to get a feel of timings, but you should always plan your focus and time to not lose a GCD; maybe losing 0.1-0.3 of a second on autoshot every once in a while.
    The Fuel Leak argument is one that I cannot counter. It is certainly a large concern. I'm fairly sure that if the leak didn't exist, the vast majority would roll with Nitro, which isn't really compelling gameplay.

While we're on the subject of mobility, the disengage distance glyph is really nice. A lot of hunters still seem to be using the 5% heal, but the added distance is helpful in a lot of the situations people are mentioning and now it just feels wrong not to have it.

I use nitro boosts because I'm not pushing progression currently and I do a loooooot of solo content with my Hunter, so the QoL is very much appreciated.

If I was actually pushing new raid content though, frags win hands down.

Also yea the distance glyph is really nice. I tried out the heal but felt irritated by how short the original disengage actually is now that I'm used to the long one.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I use nitro boosts because I'm not pushing progression currently and I do a loooooot of solo content with my Hunter, so the QoL is very much appreciated.

If I was actually pushing new raid content though, frags win hands down.

Also yea the distance glyph is really nice. I tried out the heal but felt irritated by how short the original disengage actually is now that I'm used to the long one.
    Disengage glyph is the most underrated Glyph ever. I never take it out.

Glyph of disengage is awesome.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

15+ Year Old Account
    All of this is from 10 man perspective .

There's to many posts here to quote and reply to , all in all : Nitro boosts are far superior then Frag belt in 10 man enviroment , esp for certain encounters it's really a no brainer.

400k over 10 minutes you say-that's few seconds extra on target via Nitro +the "life saviour" factor on fights like Lei Shen (helm of command comes to my mind among rest).

Posthaste , while being interesting talent for Lei Shen , imo , can't even compare with one minute CD on Deterrence. Ever.
    Especily if your assignments are involving hunter solo soaking , staying outside in P2/P3 etc.

Fuel leak: yeah it happends for sure , but to be honest (not to jynx it) this didn't happen to me for ages in those "oh shit" situations.
    Factor of risck that I'm willing to accept.

Hunters are rather mobile class and defo we have a lot of tools at our disposal when it comes to movement , but even with those , Nitro can be used rather often for few extra seconds of dps ,survive some dodgy moments and so on.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Nitro boosts are far superior then Frag belt in 10 man enviroment
    That's a bold statement considering it makes completely no sense. Why do they instantly become better in a 10man? Do you people that raid 10man think 25mans just consist of taking a Gateway and using Life grip every 3 seconds?

Saying one or the other is superior is stupid because they are not the same thing. You're comparing apples and oranges. A frag belt does damage, it makes you do more damage, nothing else. It is the best option if you want to maximize your damage. Nitro Boosts are a movement speed incease, it makes you run faster. If you need a movement speed increase then take it.

TLDR - Nitro Boosts are good if you need it. If you don't need it take Frag Belt.

Yea I have no idea why things would be any different between 10m and 25m. You shouldn't be standing in shit in either and nothing this tier requires nitro to get out of in either 10m or 25m.

Any tips on when firing the frag bombs, often get a deselection of my target which is annoying especially as tab targetting is not overly reliable. Would like not to get my target deselected basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Any tips on when firing the frag bombs, often get a deselection of my target which is annoying especially as tab targetting is not overly reliable. Would like not to get my target deselected basically.
    Interface > Controls > Sticky Targeting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    That's a bold statement considering it makes completely no sense. Why do they instantly become better in a 10man? Do you people that raid 10man think 25mans just consist of taking a Gateway and using Life grip every 3 seconds?

Saying one or the other is superior is stupid because they are not the same thing. You're comparing apples and oranges. A frag belt does damage, it makes you do more damage, nothing else. It is the best option if you want to maximize your damage. Nitro Boosts are a movement speed incease, it makes you run faster. If you need a movement speed increase then take it.

TLDR - Nitro Boosts are good if you need it. If you don't need it take Frag Belt.
    If you say so comrad.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

I think the reason lots of 10 man hunters use nitro boosts is that they're often targeted for things far more often, or have to cover more ground than in 25 man. I know spreading out for diffusion chain during transitions is harder in 25....of the other abilities, 2 are harder on 10 man (with overcharge being a little harder on 25 because you're trying to get it in the corner more). Especially if you get multiple bouncing bolts, HoC, AND static shock in your quadrant and you're covering it with 3 people - things get hectic. I'm not saying that happens often in 10 man (or at all, IDK, I'm not there yet), but bad combinations are more likely in 10 man than 25 man. It's simple statistics. But I know on H-10 Lei Shen, I'll be going CTHC because I'll be one of maybe 3 people who'll be able to solo soak a static shock, and thus if I get HoC, I have worgen sprint, a glyphed disengage, and then I have to rely on life grips or gateways. And I'm much more likely to get HoC than on 25 man.

In fights with the same amount of space, but 2/5ths of the people to cover that space, I don't know why people can't see why nitro boosts are more important than frag bombs, especially considering our DPS checks tend to be a bit looser.

Obviously, from a min/max DPS perspective, bombs are better. But as 10 man heroic progression raiders can tell you - personal accountability during mechanics is often more important than DPS.

Yet to find the need on any fight to use Nitro boosts over frag belt from a 10 man pov, free 2k+ dps in my books, pretty enjoyable on a lot of fights like lei shen heroic when the ball lightnings get gripped together its like 500-800k damage from 1 non gcd ability.
    Also i find Nitro boosts far too unreliable for such a small benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterfiles View Post
    Yet to find the need on any fight to use Nitro boosts over frag belt from a 10 man pov, free 2k+ dps in my books, pretty enjoyable on a lot of fights like lei shen heroic when the ball lightnings get gripped together its like 500-800k damage from 1 non gcd ability.
    Also i find Nitro boosts far too unreliable for such a small benefit.
    A lot of people don't seem to count the fact that the frag bomb is AoE. On many fights this tier it does do quite a lot of damage, more than the 300k per 10 minute fight people say it does.

I dont see how this can even be a discussion...Glyph Disengage , enjoy the free AoE , be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Frag Belt does damage. Nitro Boosts don't do damage. I play a damage class.
    So you never use deterrence? That must suck for your healers.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.