Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Glyphed grounding reflects 3m dmg pre divine circle, Unless that has been changed.

    I found only one fight this whole tier interesting and a bit of a progression and that was mingus diggs, I feel like that is the only fight out of all of the new ones that is tuned to ToT normal gear. Dealing 18.5m dmg in 2 minutes while taking a minimum of 1m dmg depending on ur strat was a bit of a challenge.

    Nothing else was sadly.

    Most of the fights seemed to have been made for elemental shamans and hunters, absolute perfect class for nearly every fight.

  2. #22
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    Glyphed grounding reflects 3m dmg pre divine circle, Unless that has been changed.

    I found only one fight this whole tier interesting and a bit of a progression and that was mingus diggs, I feel like that is the only fight out of all of the new ones that is tuned to ToT normal gear. Dealing 18.5m dmg in 2 minutes while taking a minimum of 1m dmg depending on ur strat was a bit of a challenge.

    Nothing else was sadly.

    Most of the fights seemed to have been made for elemental shamans and hunters, absolute perfect class for nearly every fight.
    Just shamans or hunters really. They're all (bosses) reliant almost solely on their dps checks and much less about skillful play. Mingus Diggs may seem balanced in ToT normal gear for shamans but it's also ridiculously hard for others in similar gear.

    Shamans really trivialize the dps check fights due to our burst + BL, and having good self heals just makes us stronger. The dps checks can't fairly be balanced around the best 2-3 specs or the lower half of the table wouldn't stand a chance in comparable gear. That being said for most people in ToT normal gear Hexos is by far the most challenging rank 8... Rank 9 was better aside from doctor fist. It needed a real skill check that was less dps dependent though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Cai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sen'Jin Village
    Posts
    599
    GG Engineering is the bane of my existence... Can't get past them

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    GG Engineering is the bane of my existence... Can't get past them
    GG engineering took me a while as well especially if i would get horrid RNG from the rockets. But the best way to beat them i hav found out is by using the totemic restoration talent and using grouding totem on CD as well as staying stacked on the gnome. Then switching to the goblin when he retreats to the safe zone. You should nvr get hit by the rockets just keep strafing. HTT and stonebulwark are good to to suck up some of the dmg too while grounding is on CD.

  5. #25
    I have not been able to get glyphed Grounding Totem to reflect any damage on Ahoo'ru. First time I dropped it and got one stack of the DoT and took damage from it the whole time. Second time I had 2 stacks and took damage from it the whole time. If Glyph of Shamanistic Rage removes the DoT, i'll use that but seeing as I did P1 pretty flawlessly and the best was 30%, GoSR probably wont help as much :P

  6. #26
    Brewmaster Jess Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Farmer Land UK; Prev Los Angeles, CA.
    Posts
    1,374
    Trying to do some of the fights in 495 gear is especially a pain in the ass. Disruptron was just a dick of a fight do with lovely invisible turrets. I'm pretty sure i won't be able to beat the enrage on nibbleh or Ahooru with my current gear either.

  7. #27
    GG Engineering can be horribly cheesed as a shaman. If you have a resto offspec, just run around the bosses and let them get hit by the rockets. Just run around whichever boss is not under the bubble at all times and you can do it easily this way while dealing 0 damage.

    I have seen multiple extremely low geared characters beat the fight like that.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    GG Engineering can be horribly cheesed as a shaman. If you have a resto offspec, just run around the bosses and let them get hit by the rockets. Just run around whichever boss is not under the bubble at all times and you can do it easily this way while dealing 0 damage.

    I have seen multiple extremely low geared characters beat the fight like that.
    yup i have seen a disc priest kill it very easily like that, just goes to show brains and skill > gear and BURST OMG HEAL BURST....derp i died...while the pros faceroll it xD

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Just shamans or hunters really. They're all (bosses) reliant almost solely on their dps checks and much less about skillful play. Mingus Diggs may seem balanced in ToT normal gear for shamans but it's also ridiculously hard for others in similar gear.

    Shamans really trivialize the dps check fights due to our burst + BL, and having good self heals just makes us stronger. The dps checks can't fairly be balanced around the best 2-3 specs or the lower half of the table wouldn't stand a chance in comparable gear. That being said for most people in ToT normal gear Hexos is by far the most challenging rank 8... Rank 9 was better aside from doctor fist. It needed a real skill check that was less dps dependent though.
    Ye I didn't feel as good on this tier as I did beating battletron and disruptron. I also felt like a Hexos with more hp would have been a better final boss. I did not find this one challenging at all.

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Cai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sen'Jin Village
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    GG Engineering can be horribly cheesed as a shaman. If you have a resto offspec, just run around the bosses and let them get hit by the rockets. Just run around whichever boss is not under the bubble at all times and you can do it easily this way while dealing 0 damage.

    I have seen multiple extremely low geared characters beat the fight like that.
    Hmm I will have to give this a try.

  11. #31
    I do realize my item level being nearly 540 makes a drastic difference in Brawler's Guild, but I'd have to say Shaman in general are way too strong for nearly every fight.

    Enhance and Elemental have some of the HIGHEST burst in the game. On top of that...we spec Primal Elementalist for the extra burst and the Earth Ele can tank nearly every fight if it even lasts that long...

    Brawler's guild is a lot more enjoyable on my Priest than my Shaman since the Shaman just melts everything in there.

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Eliot123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chamber of Understanding
    Posts
    2,607
    GG Engineering was somewhat easy for me, took a few tries though. First I tried as elemental, then as resto, but then went back to elemental and did it. Dodging rockets while navigating them onto the NPCs themselves ftw.

    Is Hexos easier as ele or enhancement?
    The moment when, thanks to transmogrification, your character selection screen looks like the cast of the Downton Abbey.

  13. #33
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Is Hexos easier as ele or enhancement?
    Depends if you want the fight to be 5-10 seconds shorter or less buttons to keep track of while doing the dance. I'd say ele myself but it will be opinion. The fight penalizes neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Hmm I will have to give this a try.
    doesnt matter what spec you use really, but DONT USE TOTEMS, they screw up with the rockets targetting, thats the most important part.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post
    I do realize my item level being nearly 540 makes a drastic difference in Brawler's Guild, but I'd have to say Shaman in general are way too strong for nearly every fight.

    Enhance and Elemental have some of the HIGHEST burst in the game. On top of that...we spec Primal Elementalist for the extra burst and the Earth Ele can tank nearly every fight if it even lasts that long...

    Brawler's guild is a lot more enjoyable on my Priest than my Shaman since the Shaman just melts everything in there.
    Ur gear hasn't got much to do with it tbh. I facerolled the new tier in tot normal gear and a friend after struggling on his warrior main with some fights went onto his 510ish ele/resto with healing trinkets and facerolled it aswell.

  16. #36
    The Patient Ridethelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Weedland
    Posts
    232
    Yeah brawlers guild is pretty much made for shamans with lust and shitload of cd's + nice offheals. Yesterday I killed Ahoo'ru with ilvl 507, still with 5 parts pvp.

  17. #37
    Ele as my off spec (~528 gear). Killed all bosses except for Dippy & Doopy (haven't really touched pet battles much). Hardest fights for me were the first 3 rank 7 fights (5.1), and Disruptron (5.2). Diggs and Ahoo'ru were pretty tough as well, but didn't take as long as I thought they would (still beat them by the skin of my teeth).

  18. #38
    I wish the brawler's guild content was completely solo and instanced, so there was no wait and people around.

  19. #39
    well i got rank 10 the first day

  20. #40
    Does the glyphed Grounding Totem tactic still work on Ahoo'ru? I planted a grounding totem in the center of the divine circles, but nothing seemed to have happened, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •