Heroic Council 10man questions

My guild is currently working on this fight, last night was our first night on it and we've got most of the fight down however on multiple attempts I noticed our WW Monk and Frost DK dying to Kazra'jin's Reckless Charge by taking multiple hits of it in less than one second.

Log of one of the wipes: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9492&e=9875

My theory was it was either a bug or it is intentional and will happen if a player is moving in the direction of the charge as it passes over them?

Another issue we had, and I think it might be the same attempt posted above is that Kazra'jin had reached 100 energy and then started doing Discharge (where he's stunned in place, reflecting damage for 20 seconds) however he did not stop casting Dark Power once we damaged him well below his threshold and proceeded to wipe us. This only occurred once from what I can gather of all 24 attempts. I'm wondering if this was simply because he was still stunned in place or not? I didn't think this was meant to happen but maybe it is.

Thanks!

Not sure on Dark Power after threshold passed, was he the lowest HP NPC and a Loa reached him maybe?

We pop hero on pull, all on Sul, I call when Frost King reaches 50 energy, all but our rogue switch to Frost King. Then it is usually Kaz, rogue stays on Sul, other 4 DPS go on Kaz immediately (his rolling and reflect seem to make it take longer to burn him 25%). Once Marli empowers, we all go Sul until she is 35% energy and that usually has Sul dead.

As to the charge, he yells something when your in his path, just sidestep a couple steps.

I've taken multiple hits from Reckless Charge in <1s too. I have no idea why it happens. I've tried to replicate the multiple hits on purpose during farm, but I can't get it to happen consistently. It's just a really annoying bug. To completely avoid it, run out of melee a few seconds before he rolls and stay away from his roll path, but run towards his roll destination.

As far as Dark Power, he should lose the possession just fine during Discharge. Are you sure he was below the threshold? It's -25% from the health he got possessed with; not just 75%, 50%, and 25%. Make sure you're watching where he's about to roll and adjusting Mar'li accordingly so he doesn't run over Loa Spirits.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-06-03 at 09:33 PM.

I have question regarding zerg tactic. On Council normal you can just stack all the bosses and aoe them down (ignoring healing adds). Its way faster and easier.

Is it possible to do so on Council 10H? The add is healing for around 11mil each 30-35 sec if I am remember correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    I have question regarding zerg tactic. On Council normal you can just stack all the bosses and aoe them down (ignoring healing adds). Its way faster and easier.

Is it possible to do so on Council 10H? The add is healing for around 11mil each 30-35 sec if I am remember correctly.
    5% healing on normal.
    10% on heroic.

If you had the dps to zerg it that way, you wouldnt need to zerg it to begin with

Deleted
    If that is the amount healed, then it will probably be possible with heroism up if your DPS is good. If your DPS is bad, or it's more than that, then I doubt it.

Yea our first kill was pushed back about an hour because I died that same exact way, with the fight well in hand, he did that to me, was no where near the charge destination, and I was following. I don't know what specifically I did to incur his wrath but in the months since, its never happened again, so I can't be sure what causes it. When it happened, i wasn't using shadowstep or any movement boost, was just following him after he charged.

On the zerg, theres no real reason to do this, and for most groups this would cause issues pushing 25% before dark power kills you. I know when we were first learning, Mar'li's empower was difficult for us (she was almost always the 2nd empower for us, idk why someone here said kaz was for them). With multidots on Sul, and having to kill the two adds, the 25% damage to Mar'li takes longer than you'd think it would. On top of this, with Sul healing for 40%, it would be very difficult to kill him before he empowers.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    5% healing on normal.
    10% on heroic.

If you had the dps to zerg it that way, you wouldnt need to zerg it to begin with
    Well the zerg strategy was actually easier than following mechanics on normal mode. My question is, if it is still that way on heroic. 10% is 11.7mil and the add has around 2,4mil so not killing it adds 9.3mil more hp to burn. When I was checking logs it was around 35sec each add spawned so you would need around 266k additional raid dps to burn through that. With 6 dps + 2 tanks (lets say they do 1 damage equal to 1 dps) it means you need 38k dps more per person to be viable strategy. I think with all the cleaves it is ok but was hoping someone actually tried it and can share his/her experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    Well the zerg strategy was actually easier than following mechanics on normal mode. My question is, if it is still that way on heroic. 10% is 11.7mil and the add has around 2,4mil so not killing it adds 9.3mil more hp to burn. When I was checking logs it was around 35sec each add spawned so you would need around 266k additional raid dps to burn through that. With 6 dps + 2 tanks (lets say they do 1 damage equal to 1 dps) it means you need 38k dps more per person to be viable strategy. I think with all the cleaves it is ok but was hoping someone actually tried it and can share his/her experience.
    Cleaves spread the dps evenly on the targets, so even if you gain the healed amount of dps by cleaving, you're still delaying your 1st and 2nd kill. Having Sul dead earlier is much better than having a living Sul and the other elders at slightly lower health.

I'm not at all sure why you would want to stack all the trolls from the start. You only really need to stack Sul with the empowered target for cleave damage. Mar'li doesn't spawn a healing add while she's empowered so just have your Sul tank moving him around between the empowered Malak and Mar'li. Trying to move him around with an empowered Blanka sounds difficult at best and likely a dps loss for melee and the tank. Unless you set up your group to position him to roll very close to where he last was with Sul.