Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,809

    How do you guys feel about using the PvE Trinkets as a Ret in PvP?

    Do you like how they feel?
    Or do you prefer the PvP trinkets?

    For me, I actually quite like the Relic of Xuen.


  2. #2
    Didn't you plug this video already?

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    Still need to find one to replace the PvP Pop one. Might use the Relic, but its 12 item levels lower than the cap. Was thinking of trying out the feather when I got it from LFR, but we'll have to see.

    Still pretty shitty how shafted Horde pallies are. Torrent, while it can be amazing and score a kill, doesn't really equate to having an extra trinket slot (my medallion is like mastery reforged to haste) and most of the pve trinkets are like Relic. Don't really compare at all.

    Wish there were longer CD PvE pop ones, tbh.

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Still need to find one to replace the PvP Pop one. Might use the Relic, but its 12 item levels lower than the cap. Was thinking of trying out the feather when I got it from LFR, but we'll have to see.

    Still pretty shitty how shafted Horde pallies are. Torrent, while it can be amazing and score a kill, doesn't really equate to having an extra trinket slot (my medallion is like mastery reforged to haste) and most of the pve trinkets are like Relic. Don't really compare at all.

    Wish there were longer CD PvE pop ones, tbh.

    But look at Orc UH DKs atm, they don't even take a CC trinket.
    They just roll with two damage trinkets. That's even worse than humans because they get the Orc racials as well. >.<

    The relic is really good IMO because of the static 1000 strength.
    I like it, but I'll see if I find anything else I like as well.

  5. #5
    I haven't tested the PvEs yet, but I was considering Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault, whatcha think?
    If you can pup them up together with Your PvP trinket and other cds, may be a killing spree..
    I am a menace to my own destiny.


    just roll a warrior. instead of crying about the imbalance - be the imbalance.

  6. #6
    I think Xuen and Lei Shen's would be the best for the fact that they have insane uptimes, low ICDs, and huge str procs. Both have good/useful static stats as well.

  7. #7
    I was rocking the shadow pan trinket with 4 set pve, just got xuen and it is nicer having the straight strength boost, just upgrade it... I have to say that pve gear even though its a bitch to grind, it makes a big difference... I wonder how it would be with both xuen and shadow pan trinket, id barely have any pvp power but when shadow pan procs itd be nasty. I want to get the strength trinket off twins and see how 2 pure static strength trinkets would be(i hear the trink off twins is broken now too and it gives almost 100%crit uptime)

  8. #8
    I wouldn't be surprised if a fully upgraded Xuen is pretty excellent, if not BiS for PvP. Passive STR and STR proc is incredibly strong now that PvP Power has been nerfed, even if it is 12 item levels lower than other options (1000 STR is now way better than 1500 PvP Power). Plus you can get engineering and pop your gloves instead of using an on-use trinket.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if a fully upgraded Xuen is pretty excellent, if not BiS for PvP. Passive STR and STR proc is incredibly strong now that PvP Power has been nerfed, even if it is 12 item levels lower than other options (1000 STR is now way better than 1500 PvP Power). Plus you can get engineering and pop your gloves instead of using an on-use trinket.
    Synapse Springs shares a Cooldown with wings, the on use trinkets do not however.

    Edit: I might be wrong, my trinkets always get bound with wings so its prolly ytinket and springs share a CD

  10. #10
    Synapse springs does not share a cooldown with wings; yeah it's the on-use trinket.

  11. #11
    My bad! Figured it went either way. I dont remember the last time I checked. Ty.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Migokami View Post
    Synapse Springs shares a Cooldown with wings
    Um.. what?



    Ehh, well anyway -- 2 Proc Trinkets + Springs = Ideal burst..... also.... Um.. what? (@ my quote)


    Lol springs put wings on CD.

  13. #13
    ITT: Please watch my shitty video, again. Because i havent plugged it enough yet.

    Please refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to the topic of the thread. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-06-03 at 03:49 PM.

  14. #14
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    But look at Orc UH DKs atm, they don't even take a CC trinket.
    They just roll with two damage trinkets. That's even worse than humans because they get the Orc racials as well. >.<

    The relic is really good IMO because of the static 1000 strength.
    I like it, but I'll see if I find anything else I like as well.
    That's a problem with DK's having too many CC breaks, though. >.< I understand the Orc racial and Troll racial can be pretty insane for burst too, but Horde Paladins can't get any of the racials. But that's a discussion for another thread.

    I probably will try out my relic of Xuen. It just is pretty crappy having to use a trinket that is only 1k of secondary stats.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    That's a problem with DK's having too many CC breaks, though. >.< I understand the Orc racial and Troll racial can be pretty insane for burst too, but Horde Paladins can't get any of the racials. But that's a discussion for another thread.

    I probably will try out my relic of Xuen. It just is pretty crappy having to use a trinket that is only 1k of secondary stats.
    Yeah, honestly, I'm pretty sure Blizzard was so busy nerfing PvE trinkets for PvP to notice that PvP trinkets are losing insane value since they are losing their resilience and because PvP power got nerfed. The PvP power on trinkets needs a boost for them to compete with Xuen and probably a few other trinkets.

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,809
    Even though the Relic of Xuen is quite low on item level, it's quite good.
    I actually think it's the best of them once it's upgraded since it has a static 1000 or so strength, and procs to be almost the same amount as the shado pan one.
    Super easy to line up with burst CDs and PvP on use trinket.

  17. #17
    Would you guys suggest using two PVE proc trinkets? I am human and an engineer. I have Relic of Xuen, Shado-pan Talisman and Fabled Feather of Ji'Kun. I use FF and PVP on use STR trinket currently. If I can get more dmg output with two proc trinkets, I'm up for trying it. Which 2 PVE trinkets would you pair together, if at all, of the ones I have listed? Thanks for your help.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancternal View Post
    Would you guys suggest using two PVE proc trinkets? I am human and an engineer. I have Relic of Xuen, Shado-pan Talisman and Fabled Feather of Ji'Kun. I use FF and PVP on use STR trinket currently. If I can get more dmg output with two proc trinkets, I'm up for trying it. Which 2 PVE trinkets would you pair together, if at all, of the ones I have listed? Thanks for your help.
    Yes, they made so many PvP changes this patch that they didn't quite get trinkets very well balanced, and due to this a few PvE trinkets are now great in PvP, especially for Ret. Why? Because we have no 1 min cooldown, so the on-use trinket is only really used to it's full potential every 2 min at most. I use Xuen, 496 PvP Proc trinket, and for on-use I use Engineering gloves, it's working out well so far.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    I think Xuen and Lei Shen's would be the best for the fact that they have insane uptimes, low ICDs, and huge str procs. Both have good/useful static stats as well.
    relic 2/2 is superior to leishen 2/2. much higher item budget.

  20. #20
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Yes, they made so many PvP changes this patch that they didn't quite get trinkets very well balanced, and due to this a few PvE trinkets are now great in PvP, especially for Ret. Why? Because we have no 1 min cooldown, so the on-use trinket is only really used to it's full potential every 2 min at most. I use Xuen, 496 PvP Proc trinket, and for on-use I use Engineering gloves, it's working out well so far.
    But then you have a ton of strength most of the time, and only 1920 strength for on use with CDs.
    You pretty much have to pray for your trinkets lining up every time.

    Or is there something I am missing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •