Help my alt's guild please

Hi all,

My main is a dps in a semi-hardcore raiding guild, but my alt prot paladin is in a 10m casual guild that just downed Lei Shen two days ago. This 10m has players with widely varying skill (and widely varying gear), and we don't intend for it to be anything but a casual guild. However, I know there are a lot of things that could be improved and would probably make the raiding experience more enjoyable. We don't typically log our fights, but we had a mage present for some of the kills last week who logged Durumu through Twins (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n69w4bmto7473lv3/). If anyone would be willing to help with advice to specific raiders (to improve dps, healing, tanking) or general suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Advice regarding the dps warrior would be particularly helpful, as I know he should be doing significantly more dps but I don't really know warriors.

Any suggestions on how to progress from here would also be great; we are thinking of doing a few attempts on heroic Jinrokh just to get people starting to learn the fight but to mainly just farm full normal clears for a few weeks before really pushing any heroics.

Thanks in advance!

It might be helpful to post these logs in the class-specific sub-forums since you'll get more views there. As for progression path, Jin'Rokh and Ji'Kun are more mechanic tests than a DPS race so it might be worth trying those out. We generally spend about 6 (out of our 9) hours a week on progression and the remaining time on trying to clear as much as possible (while subbing in alts and bench raiders).

As a prot paladin - your paladin seems to be pretty solid. Good up times on his buffs (SS and ShoR) and his rotation seems to be good.

Your hunter is doing alright, but here are some things I noticed:
    • Try running Blink Strikes on most fights. AMoC is only really worth it if you get a temporary damage buff (Jin'rohk, maybe Horridon, maybe Primordius) otherwise Blink Strikes comes out ahead, especially as BM.
    • Don't delay Kill Command. He missed ~11 (realistically ~5-8; that's ~500k damage) KCs on Durumu and more on the more complex fights.
    • Watch Serpent Sting closer; uptime is a little low on almost every fight. If he can't Cobra Shot during burst to refresh it, then he needs to manually reapply it at <2s.

Like I said, his damage is pretty solid. These are just a few things he can do better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... If the goal of the guild is to raid casually, 12/12N isn't bad at all and I'm not sure people need to improve as long as the group is having fun. I mean... it's casual, yes? Not hardcore? So while doing well should be a goal, fretting over min/maxing seems antithetical to the purpose and spirit of the raid.

Also, are you the RL? If not why are you pushing this? I guess I'm a bit allergic to other people (who aren't RL) asking not how they can be better but how others can improve. It's a game. Relax and quit fretting over what others are doing as long as everyone's having fun.

@Paulleedot I actually did post these logs first in the paladin forums asking regarding my prot paladin alt, but haven't gotten any responses yet so that's part of why I posted a more general request here. Thanks for the suggestions on how you do progression, much appreciated.

@Squirl Thanks for the hunter-specific tips, this is the first tier our hunter has ever raided but I can tell he is pretty solid and I know he will appreciate the tips.

@Clevin I know 12/12N isn't bad for a casual guild, and I'm certainly not going to try to force everyone to min/max. That said, I personally enjoy improving my performance and I know there are others on the team who do as well. Even a simple suggestion like using blink strikes instead of murder of crows, as Squirl mentioned, is really not hard to change, so I'll probably mention it casually to our hunter. He is welcome to take it or leave it, no big deal. I'm not the RL persay, more of an assistant RL, but I spend a lot more time on the forums than he does.