Poll: Should WoW content be able to be beaten by going AFK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    In my opinion too many other people are worried about how others are playing the game instead of finding there own enjoyment.
    You would think we could adopt a live and let live approach to shit.

Sure the AFKer in the raid is annoying. Leave the raid and don't support it then, or stay and don't QQ, since you are supporting it.

Why does it have to be drama beyond that. You don't have to be there. INFACT the reason Most people will stay and QQ is because they are too lazy to wait for another raid and having to do shit over. (don't throw that bullshit that you have only a little time, and are doing LFR and have to have it perfect. If you are on here crying about shitty LFRs you need to learn to schedual more time, or not do it)
    Be proactive. You don't have to sit there and deal with it.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2013-06-04 at 04:39 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The guy doing the video wasnt the worst player imaginable as he actually beat a DK on the DPS meter. Seems someone else was making the same type of video and managed to be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    U will probably just get your full tier gear set through the post once u ding 90.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Beating the PvE = doing all the latest bosses on hardest possible difficulty.

Beating the PvP = being ranked as the top players (the ones that get special mounts, i think?)

LFR is just like regular normal BGs, you can afk and win - but it is not considered "beating the game".

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    If you can run LFR you're ready for Normal content.

All you should need is the LFR achievement and time set aside to raid to be accepted into Normal raiding, but that's not happening at the moment.
    Considering that you can "run" even the latest lfr in full blues that statement is chuckle worthy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    To suggest that LFR encourages people to be carried is to infer that normal raiding never had anyone being carried, and that is the biggest load of BS ever.
    Of course people get carried but I strongly doubt that you will find many guilds where 25% of the people don't play at all during 8/10 of the encounters.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Considering that you can "run" even the latest lfr in full blues that statement is chuckle worthy at best.

Show me blues that will give you a 480 ilvl please.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    What blues are these? I haven't seen any blues that would give you an ilevel of 480 to do ToT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Here's the OP's video's accompanying video for some insight on the goal of that video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLP-ugJP7g

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    Here's the OP's video's accompanying video for some insight on the goal of that video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLP-ugJP7g

Just to make it easier to see

His entire point of the video was to BE THE WORST PLAYER POSSIBLE IN WOW. And see how quickly he can kill Lei Shen.

That was his aim.
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2013-06-04 at 05:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I've done this for 6 years. Youtube.
    You got epics by watching youtube vids huh.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Agreed.

Its very sad that the current Wow community are so bad that they accept this kind of glaring error with the game.

This is not a thread about LFR, ITS ABOUT HOW EASY THE GAME IS OVERALL.

Please go back and actually listen to what the guy on the video is actually talking about.
    its the same guy from that ridiculous "the problem in the mists" video.
    i.e. some random elitist, equipped with the best rose tinted glasses on the market, who keeps whining about the old days and how 24/7 raiders are no longer the only ones who experience the content. i don't even know why he puts so many effort in doing these videos, its obvious that this kind of model will never come back again. (luckily)
    Last edited by mmoca014cf7a55; 2013-06-04 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    its the same guy from that ridiculous "the problem in the mists" video.
    i.e. some random elitist, equipped with the best rose tinted glasses on the market, who keeps whining about the old days and how 24/7 raiders are no longer the only ones who experience. i don't even know why he puts so many effort in doing these videos, its obvious that this kind of model will never come back again. (luckily)
    DUDE, you incorporated every single stereotype Preach said people would say about him IN ONE SENTENCE. So much win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treesus View Post
    Pretty much, I've run the gauntlet on raiding. I started in Vanilla as a hunter, I loved it and thought the magic would never fade. But I was young then and I could spend 6hrs a night raiding crash for 4hrs then get up and go to work. As I got older (mid 20's) I switched to a healer from TBC->MoP. I've been in "casual" guilds ive been in top 100 guilds, and I've been on some first kills competing for world firsts, the reality is I've outgrown that. I haven't outgrown WoW, I've outgrown what NORMAL raiding has evolved into. LFR allows me a benefit for my time invested, take it away myself and similar minded players will slowly find other things to do with their free time and the "hardcore forum" people will have what they think they want.

Until they come on the boards crying that there are no good players left and everyone has left etc etc. Sure there will be the hardcore guilds that will keep on keeping on, but very few of those guilds have people that come on this board to cry about LFR. Fact is they don't care about LFR, guilds that have attendance issues cause their adult players finally realized they can accomplish similar goals with 1/4 the time invested and quit raiding are the ones on here crying.
    i so much agree with all of this.
    normal raiding is dying because its too time consuming and no one is willing to commit to a schedule and bang his head for hours against a wall (i already have a work, thanks) unless you're completely forced to, in order to experience the content.
    lfr is simply showing that most people reject all those timing and social bounds imposed by guilds, unless you're in that super hardcore minority, in which case you will just apply for a heroic guild.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 10:52 PM ----------

DUDE, you incorporated every single stereotype Preach said people would say about him IN ONE SENTENCE. So much win.
    yeah, whatever. all this talk about "experience", "adventure", "community" is simply a piss poor excuse for whining about casuals getting loot and killing bosses without having to apply to your nazi-like organized normal guilds and play at their own schedules.

yeah, whatever. all this talk about "experience", "adventure", "community" is simply a piss poor excuse for whining about casuals getting loot and killing bosses without having to apply to your nazi-like organized normal guilds and play at their own schedules.
    So... by saying there should be more RPG in an MMORPG, he means that "dirty casuals" shouldn't get loot? Did you even watch those videos?

Deleted
    So... by saying there should be more RPG in an MMORPG, he means that "dirty casuals" shouldn't get loot? Did you even watch those videos?
    its not that, don't be silly. i've watched his previous video too. more rpg could also mean personal choices that impact your character's story, persistent feats in the world (i.e. housing), more sandbox and less theme-park. it has absolutely nothing to do with being able to kill bosses by being afk and getting carried, or his ridiculous theory about "raiders insipiring newcomers to get better" i.e. spending inordinate amounts of time at set hours in order to see the story.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I view LFR as a working system of America. There are the hard-working serfs beneath me that do all the DPS, healing and tanking while I float around talking about grander things and lifegripping people into snails. I, the richer and better class of person, am beyond the petty travails of the lower classes. I have riches and power beyond them so, clearly, I should not have to work as they do. Let the foolish 96% struggle and strain while I benefit from their labour. If it's fair for real life, surely it's fair for WoW, right?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

its not that, don't be silly. i've watched his previous video too. more rpg could also mean personal choices that impact your character's story, persistent feats in the world (i.e. housing), more sandbox and less theme-park. it has absolutely nothing to do with being able to kill bosses by being afk and getting carried, or his ridiculous theory about "raiders insipiring newcomers to get better" i.e. spending inordinate amounts of time at set hours in order to see the story.
    But that's not what he's saying. He's saying that as a new player, there's no incentive to go beyond LFR or even get a decent skill level at the game. Which reduces the pool from which guilds can recruit. If you're an active subscriber no one has a problem with you just being happy with LFR, but new players need to see what else there is to the game than AFKing in LFR.

Deleted
    Ofc he didnt

The video is nothing about gear at all, its obvious he never even watched it.

Deleted
    But that's not what he's saying. He's saying that as a new player, there's no incentive to go beyond LFR or even get a decent skill level at the game. Which reduces the pool from which guilds can recruit. If you're an active subscriber no one has a problem with you just being happy with LFR, but new players need to see what else there is to the game than AFKing in LFR.
    this simply isn't true. every player knows that multiple difficulties are avaiable (like in EVERY single game - except wow, back in the days). the ones with loads of time seeking a challenge will apply to heroic guilds. if most people choose to play at the difficulty setting that allow them to play at their own schedule without being tied to militaristic social and timing rules attached to guilds, it simply means that today's gaming audience wants that. you want more immersion? its a reasonable concern, and there should be ways to put more rpg elements in the game, like the ones i've mentioned.

but lfr has simply freed people from guilds in my opinion. it is a wonderful thing.

I think the bigger question should be

"Should people be allowed to make posts, whining about dead horse subjects that already have a multitude of threads about?"