View Poll Results: Would you boot your top dps from the raid just for simply linking meters?

Voters
69. This poll is closed
  • Yes - Players posting meters always deserves the boot

30 43.48%
  • No - Meters are normal these days and are a good indication of raid performance

11 15.94%
  • Maybe - Depends on the situation

28 40.58%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Booted from LFR for linking DPS meters?

Would you boot someone from LFR for posting the top 5 DPS meters after every boss fight?

Lets try to have a civil discussion on this instead of derailing the topic. They were clearly #1 dps each time by a long shot, and they said "check out the meters, you guys need to improve your dps."

Why would you remove your #1 dps from the raid just because he linked meters?

for being an arrogant twat- who is an annoyance to the raid. all such should be booted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    for being an arrogant twat- who is an annoyance to the raid. all such should be booted
    How is linking meters being an "arrogant twat?" Dont most people have DPS meters these days anyway? Its just reinforcing the need for higher dps in lfr situations imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    "check out the meters, you guys need to improve your dps."
    Stating something like that makes it evident that he is a complete and utter moron, that doesn't understand the extreme gear scaling we have in MoP.
    I (~530) can go into LFR and, literally, do 4x the damage that the peeps do with Item level 460. Doesn't mean all of them are baddies.

But unless he starts to get insulting: No I wouldn't kick him.

Asking people if they need help, and shoving it in their face, rubbing salt in their wounds as the expression goes are very different things.
    Talk to people, suggest that some people seem to be struggling with their dps, and offer some help or advice if you can.

Damage meters do not mean much when you are not setting requirements for a group.
    Many, including myself find them typically to be more of a bragging right than a useful tool.

Did they check the gear of all the members, their roles or prior experience, or simply link the meters without context as most do ?

You ask for a civil discussion, but as highlighted by here and in other posts by you in similar topics you have already decided.
    You do not want any discussion, just again stating again that you think those people are "too easily offended".

Meters can have their place, but to name and shame should not be one of them.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-06-10 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    A lot of people are just trolls in LFR, the rest just agrees with the kick without checking what it's about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Stating something like that makes it evident that he is a complete and utter moron, that doesn't understand the extreme gear scaling we have in MoP.
    I (~530) can go into LFR and, literally, do 4x the damage that the peeps do with Item level 460. Doesn't mean all of them are baddies.

But unless he starts to get insulting: No I wouldn't kick him.
    *shrug* i guess some people take offense to others doing much higher dps than them and then linking meters...

I wouldn't kick him either as clearly he is carrying the lfr group with being 150k+ dps while all others are 40-50k or lower

Would you boot someone from LFR for posting the top 5 DPS meters after every boss fight?

Lets try to have a civil discussion on this instead of derailing the topic. They were clearly #1 dps each time by a long shot, and they said "check out the meters, you guys need to improve your dps."

Hes beening a douche, I wouldn't initiate it, but if it popped up I would hit yes

I'd also tell him to keep his trap shut in LFR, to be blunt if your coming into a LFR raid to show off, your pathetic,

and yes I would use the good old, go back to normal / heroic content if you want the numbers

And as someone mentioned above me, its an annoyance to all the raid, I've been in group before were people like this make a good chunk leave, and your sitting there for 15 mins + waiting for replacements / the group all leaves

I'd boot them from my normal raid, can't imagine LFR would be much different.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    A lot of people are just trolls in LFR, the rest just agrees with the kick without checking what it's about.
    I never understood why people do this. Why would you agree to boot someone without knowing what its for? Just because you see a "do you wish to kick this player" message pop up on your screen, why click it without just cause?

And linking meters and politely requesting the lfr group to pick up their dps isnt worthy of a boot imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS meters make no difference whatsoever in LFR. Anybody who is linking them is doing so to either gloat or grief.

I wish meters would be banned (or at least intentionally broken on Blizzard's end) in LFR/LFD. Their only constructive function is in a guild/private group type setting. Other than that, there's very little they can be used for that will have a positive end.

Deleted
    "If you're not better than me then you are shit."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    I'd boot them from my normal raid, can't imagine LFR would be much different.
    Are you serious spiderman? If someone in your normal raid said "ok guys, lets stop failing and pick up the dps, im not here to carry you guys" you would take offense to that?

Personally I would be embarrassed myself if my dps were so low that someone had to call me out on it, especially in a normal mode raid.

i'm an ilvl 537 ele shaman, i'm always first on dps, but i never link meters there's no point. i doubt any heroic raiders do, it's probably normal/lfr raiders who are glad they topped meters for once because it doesn't happen when they play with skilled & geared people.

Yeah I would boot that guy, it's LFR. If your dps is so amazing then go do normal mode or something.
    Last edited by Ragashii; 2013-06-10 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience, the players that link DPS meters without being asked to are also the ones who pollute the entire damn instance chat with vitriolic and unnecessary flaming.

So, yes. I'd kick the twat preemptively.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood why people do this. Why would you agree to boot someone without knowing what its for? Just because you see a "do you wish to kick this player" message pop up on your screen, why click it without just cause?

And linking meters and politely requesting the lfr group to pick up their dps isnt worthy of a boot imo.
    I always check who's getting booted, but before I can even make a decision it's made for me...
    And I think "politely requesting" are the keyword here. Even if you (or said person) is asking politely, most people will just read it differently and decide it's just said to be a douche.

It's sad it happens and I don't agree with it, but I do understand where it's coming from.

They were clearly #1 dps each time by a long shot, and they said "check out the meters, you guys need to improve your dps."
    I'd like to point out the bolded, as someone who is often top in LFR(take that as you wish), I don't post meters publicly let alone shame others

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't boot you however posting a fucking meter especially on a shitty LFR raid is just horrible personally as a former top tier raider I always condemned that so you deserve to be made fun / pointed thinking you were fucking amazing on LFR.

Linking meters is not a polite way to go about it.
    That is the exact same as giving a list of names and going x, y and z suck, and I will show it to everyone in here.