10+ Year Old Account

OQueue requiring a password

For some reason whenever I click on OQueue it opens up a dialog box asking me to enter a password to join 'oqgeneral'. When I hit cancel it just displays a black screen with no premades listed. Anyone know why it's suddenly doing this?

If it works similar to trade forwarder, it uses a custom chat channel. Someone can set a password for said channel, effectively ruining the addon for your realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really use a chat channel at all. People can create a premade and give it a title and description. It is then displayed in a list of premades on the add on's screen. But as of an hour ago it is randomly asking me for a password for oqgeneral when I try to pull up the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewyn View Post
    It doesn't really use a chat channel at all. People can create a premade and give it a title and description. It is then displayed in a list of premades on the add on's screen. But as of an hour ago it is randomly asking me for a password for oqgeneral when I try to pull up the list.
    The addon will use a hidden chat channel to share your event information with others though. The standard way addons share info (SendAddonMessage api) is restricted to guild / raid. To circumvent this restriction some addons use a custom chat channel, in this case 'oqgeneral', which wont display in your chat and works faction-wide on your realm. Someone has set a password for the channel, effectively blocking all oqueue communication on your faction-realm.

Not familiar with oQueue specifically, but other addons that use this method.
    Last edited by autopsy; 2013-06-03 at 11:58 PM.