Hello,
not sure if this belongs here on this topic but I'm not sure where else to put it, however I can't find a solution to this on the internet and it's not as simple as it may seem at first.

As the title says my microphone which is a USB (happened on the normal pink mic slot as well) keeps turning itself down, I know the common culprit is Skype, however I hardly use it and the option to auto-adjust mic levels is unticked. I'm using windows 7 and I know there is an option for this in the recording tab of the sounds section. But the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is also unticked in my recording tab.
I'm really not sure what else to do. I'm not sure what information to provide you with,
But my Microphone is a Blue Snowball although this was happening before I was using this microphone, which leads me to believe it isn't the microphone but a setting on my PC.

I don't have a sound card, other than the one built into my motherboard which is an Asus P8Z77-V. Perhaps it has something to do with this. I do use Dolby Axon, which I can't find an option which might include an auto-manage volume.

As far as I'm aware it happens often but randomly and I can't seem to track what might be causing it to turn itself down. I always turn it up to 80 and it keeps auto adjusting down to lower than 30 which means that people hardly hear what I say.

Thanks for your support hopefully you can help me!
sorry for the wall of text, cheers
Newcon