10+ Year Old Account

Chipping on the inside of my coffee pot.

Hey MMO champ, I tried google but to no avail. on the inside of my coffee pot for years there has been a black coat (paint or w/e the fuck it is) that has been chipping, today I put it in the washer since I've been buying cups of coffee at the store for the past few months and it's really starting to chip bad now. I rinsed it out pretty good and it isn't doing it anymore, but can anyone tell me what the hell it is? If it's something dangerous I'll just throw the pot out.

I just don't get why the hell they would coat the INSIDE of a coffee pot, obviously this would be a problem eventually... it's metal underneath btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the black coating has always been there? Very weird, almost always just see a plain glass pot with a handle for the coffee to pour in to. You sure it's just not really burnt coffee on the bottom? lol

Get a new coffee pot, or take it to a lab to be analyzed.

A lot of stainless steel carafes will get a brown to black coating after repeated use.

You can run white vinegar thru your coffee machine and then let it soak in pot and see if that starts breaking it down. Or you can buy that Dipit stuff.

Usually if it's a carafe with a small opening it's a pain in the ass to scrub it, you either need a bottle brush or you can try what I do... which is I put like 4 sos pads in the carafe and then take a couple wooden spoons and use them to scrub the inside with the sos pads, obviously while filled with water.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    When it doubt, bubble and hearths...ermm throw the coffee pot out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    A lot of stainless steel carafes will get a brown to black coating after repeated use.

You can run white vinegar thru your coffee machine and then let it soak in pot and see if that starts breaking it down. Or you can buy that Dipit stuff.

Usually if it's a carafe with a small opening it's a pain in the ass to scrub it, you either need a bottle brush or you can try what I do... which is I put like 4 sos pads in the carafe and then take a couple wooden spoons and use them to scrub the inside with the sos pads, obviously while filled with water.
    Thanks that's a good idea, and yes it is a small ass opening and impossible to do with your hand. I'll scrub it all off, this can be closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Thanks that's a good idea, and yes it is a small ass opening and impossible to do with your hand. I'll scrub it all off, this can be closed.
    off topic here isee you play rift on seastone,cool. what fraction are you on and what guild?thats the same server i played on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Im assuming it's just build up and not some cheap interior coating of course.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.