Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know enough Chinese to at least match characters.

Link to his guild:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/27...alendar/06-13/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vsrf3gh347itfy5f/ <= couple of heroic and normal kills
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=2067&e=2515 <= an Iron Qon kill

If I mouse over the ability names it gives me English tooltips, so I don't think anyone should need a translation list for abilities.

Seeing a bunch of 10 and 25 logs together was confusing until I remembered you guys get separate lockouts.

Deleted
    In my gear it'll do roughly 134k dps, obviously that jumps a lot during heroism but I don't see that being worth anchoring yourself and giving up a lot of vital mist & serpent zeal procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    In my gear it'll do roughly 134k dps, obviously that jumps a lot during heroism but I don't see that being worth anchoring yourself and giving up a lot of vital mist & serpent zeal procs.
    That depends. Because for 60% or even more time, lightning weaver still uses malee skills, it still acts like a standard fist weaver. As a beginner of lightning weaver, you may feel uncomfortable because lightning is channel skill. But once you get used to it, it becomes a powerful skill.

There's no gap between lightning weaver and fist weaver, that completely depending on what skills you're using. Just keep one thing in mind: CJL can take benefit from haste buffs. So at least during bloodthirsty, your DPS/HPS will much better than malee skills(200K DPS for 30 seconds if luky enough).

Deleted
    I use it during bloodlust, outside it does similar DPS with no added benefit of vital mist or SZ. I can see it being attractive as an option to maintain uplifts and renewing mist while doing moderate damage, but that really isn't what this thread is about.

Yes.. Maybe it's better to post a new thread.

it does similar DPS
    Not 100% acurate. It depends on your haste. At ~525 Lv gears, they have similar DPS. But after 530 gears, with proper haste e.g 9158, the lightning's DPS will beyond malee skills. The higher lv gears, the lightning gets better DPS, just because you gets more and more haste and malee skills don't take benefit from it.

This is a FD video of H7 forgotten. Not sure if this video can be viewed outside China. (add http yourself)
    v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTY2NTUyOTEy.html

This is H10 Iron Qon FD
    v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTYzMjg3Mjg0.html
    Last edited by MagicRen; 2013-07-04 at 03:43 AM.

In my first enthusiasm I forgot something: I thought I could cast it in the last second of the meta proc to get a full free channel. But I forgot CJL has its cost per tick, so this is quite pointless.

Nonetheless yesterday I tried it, and it did not yield more dps than melee (@527 ilvl). I wouldn't say my dps went down, but my hps suffered as I only got two chi in average during a meta proc instead of three or four when jabbing. And unlike jab you cannot simply smash the key when the meta procs (or you might start recasting it), making fistweaving even more clunkier. Perhaps with the right gear, latency and skill it might be worth casting, but not for me.

Althrough CJL has its cost per tick, if you cast it in the last second of the meta proc, it still full free channel. For both clear casting and Unerring Vision of Lei Shen. Which means you have 8-9 seconds free mana regen time rather than 4. But I don't suggest you re-cast the CJL at the last second, it frequently fails to get buff. I just you re-cast it at the 3rd second of the buff. So It's better only cast 2-3 skills during the buff, avoid letting the lag fails your free CJL.

ilvl 527 is just the entrance of lightning weaver, once you get used for lightning, you should figure out your DPS already a little higher than fist weaver. Try TOT #1, it's a best dummy doll for practicing lightning. And I believe you don't have DPS trinkets now, which can give you burst DPS when triggered. Fistweaver is harder to use these buffs to deal burst damage.

At the beginning, I'm also suffered from lack of Chi. However, by adjusting the rotation, this problem can be solved. For example, use less Blackout Kick, always mantain 2 Chi, use more TP, keep expel harm available before burst healing etc...

If BLZ keeps current CJL's design, I believe CJL will be the most powerful skill in 5.4. With 18000+ haste, CJL only has 3.5 seconds channeling which means 170K+ dps. I'm not saying once you get trinket like increase 84%+ haste, what its DPS will be...
    Last edited by MagicRen; 2013-07-04 at 09:42 AM.

I have a couple questions.
    I've been fistweaving since I was leveling, and I'm currently at 515 ilevel due to only being able to run LFR, and I'm about to get my LMG.
    I've been gearing as a regular mistweaver, prioritizing the second haste breakpoint.

Currently, I'm sitting at 6334 haste and 6250 crit in Tiger Stance. Should I reforge any of that haste, or keep it as it is?

And my second question: I have the LFR version's of Lei Shen's MH and OH weapons .. should I be going for Suen-Wo instead? I would be giving up a lot of intellect.

Sidenote: I feel so gimped every time I see Reg's armory. :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    I have a couple questions.
    I've been fistweaving since I was leveling, and I'm currently at 515 ilevel due to only being able to run LFR, and I'm about to get my LMG.
    I've been gearing as a regular mistweaver, prioritizing the second haste breakpoint.

Currently, I'm sitting at 6334 haste and 6250 crit in Tiger Stance. Should I reforge any of that haste, or keep it as it is?

And my second question: I have the LFR version's of Lei Shen's MH and OH weapons .. should I be going for Suen-Wo instead? I would be giving up a lot of intellect.

Sidenote: I feel so gimped every time I see Reg's armory. :<
    Continue doing this, the only difference in gearing you can feasibly do without ruining your healing for the sake of a subspec is making the choice of gemming crit where applicable. As for your weapon woes, a lot of people have been telling me 2h are equivalent to 1h for damage now, this wasn't the case beforehand but it could have been fixed in 5.3. I'm looking into it though and will update the guide accordingly if that's the case, for now use your 1h/oh.

Thanks Reg, appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    While researching peoples current spirit amounts for MW(not FW) a lot are saying they try to reforge out of almost all of it too sitting around the mark needed for FW. I currently run the DPS meta but this has me really considering switching to the healing one as I would be a lot more useful when say one of our healers dies on a heroic fight or any other reason it would be more beneficial to straight heal(maybe too many melee).

Reg do you use it because for this reason or only to avoid weaving in mana-tea?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neozz1 View Post
    While researching peoples current spirit amounts for MW(not FW) a lot are saying they try to reforge out of almost all of it too sitting around the mark needed for FW. I currently run the DPS meta but this has me really considering switching to the healing one as I would be a lot more useful when say one of our healers dies on a heroic fight or any other reason it would be more beneficial to straight heal(maybe too many melee).

Reg do you use it because for this reason or only to avoid weaving in mana-tea?
    I use it because I'm primarily a healer and secondarily damage, first point in the guide is somewhere along the lines of don't sacrifice your healing ability for this subspec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I use it because I'm primarily a healer and secondarily damage, first point in the guide is somewhere along the lines of don't sacrifice your healing ability for this subspec.
    I understand that, I was mostly pointing out the fact that the amount of spirit was so similar for MW with the heal meta as the amount you need for FW. I got my meta the same time I started FW so didn't realize the amount of mana it saved(as I went dps meta).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neozz1 View Post
    I understand that, I was mostly pointing out the fact that the amount of spirit was so similar for MW with the heal meta as the amount you need for FW. I got my meta the same time I started FW so didn't realize the amount of mana it saved(as I went dps meta).
    Yeah but to say I'd use it entirely because it lets me skimp on mana tea would be a little untruthful, taking into account mana costs I believe the gem is worth 20-30k spirit with ascension while fistweaving if that's the kind of information you're looking for.

My experience has 1h doing closer to 110k vs a 2h doing 115-120k avg TP's. Not a very big difference, but that's what I saw between my co-monk and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    I know enough Chinese to at least match characters.

Link to his guild:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/27...alendar/06-13/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vsrf3gh347itfy5f/ <= couple of heroic and normal kills
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=2067&e=2515 <= an Iron Qon kill

If I mouse over the ability names it gives me English tooltips, so I don't think anyone should need a translation list for abilities.

Seeing a bunch of 10 and 25 logs together was confusing until I remembered you guys get separate lockouts.
    Thank you for posting his logs. I have been working on this since I received my meta but I still don't feel as comfortable as you all seem to. We are presently working on Heroic Twin Consorts 25, and was considering weapon swapping for the slow early phases. Do any of the rest of you have logs where you have used this in H. TC. So far I have not found an individual using the techniques in this guide. It seems like an ideal situation when dps may be slow for your first kill. I have no issues stopping and triage healing when I need to as well as setting up for those moments. Your Heroic Fistweaving logs would be a tremendous help. Reglitch I found yours but it looks like you primarily MWing on that fight.

I ask mainly because I have found a few areas where the information in the guide isn't the same as the forum posts and I would love to put numbers with actual combatlog parsing.

Examples:
    Tiger Palm [W/ Muscle Memory & Without Tiger Power]
    Blackout Kick [>1 Chi & Muscle Memory]
    Tiger Palm [Muscle Memory & 1 Chi]

Makes sense, BCK is a very chi efficient ability and you make sure you maintain SZ. I get the sense though that some folks are interlacing ReMs on CD and still claim these incredible dps numbers. When I do this though I end up using a LOT more BCKs than TPs. My DPS goes down and my HPS is down from standard MW play. Jab TP Jab TP is what is normally discussed, but any hotting at all just dumps my numbers. As I write this I think I am realizing that you guys must be talking about not even using ReMs.

Either way fistweaving logs from non-CJL folks would be amazing. This way I can look at what you all have done rather than ask you to look over my own logs. I will learn more from seeing the logs than from someone telling me what I can improve on.

You all are great TY in advance!
    Vivirei | Immortalis | US-Zul'Jin
    Do you want to be number one, or do you want to work hard enough to be number one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you just want heroics, so here are two recent ones that I do a lot of FW on, Ji-Kun particularly. (I've really been pushing to purely FW on farm bosses lately) Consorts I purely FW on P1. I DO use a fair of CJL though, but generally only after jabbing twice during a LMG proc.
    Consorts http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rz...=10024&e=10592
    Ji-Kun http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rz...?s=6242&e=6659

Can you read enough information from Chinese WOL logs? If you can, I'll post the Heroic Twin Consorts 25 WOL next week(Last week's log was lost...).
    A simple data preview is:
    110K DPS / 120K HPS.

One of my friends told me he ever did 190K DPS in H11 battle(Lighting MW, pure DPS without ReMs), which is hardly to believe for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRen View Post
    Can you read enough information from Chinese WOL logs? If you can, I'll post the Heroic Twin Consorts 25 WOL next week(Last week's log was lost...).
    A simple data preview is:
    110K DPS / 120K HPS.

One of my friends told me he ever did 190K DPS in H11 battle(Lighting MW, pure DPS without ReMs), which is hardly to believe for me.
    I have reviewed his logs, but I am trying to walk through his fight details step by step. This means using the expression editor which doesn't show the spell name on mouseover. It works but it takes me a while to read it. That being said we know this is a CJL fistweaver and I was hoping for a Jab, TP fistweaver logs.

(sourceName="景德阿宝"
    and type=TYPE_DAMAGE)
    or
    (SourceName="景德阿宝"
    and (spell = "复苏之雾" or spell="碎玉闪电")
    and type=TYPE_CAST)

TY Lunasta. I will be looking over your logs this evening and tomorrow. I see you also use a lot of CJL, if it is working then maybe I should start practicing that as well.
    Vivirei | Immortalis | US-Zul'Jin
    Do you want to be number one, or do you want to work hard enough to be number one?

Deleted
    You'll need to look through my logs a bit, I fistweave a good few fights including horridon,ji-kun,twins & durumu.