Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why would you want logs wihtout CJL?
    CJL is an integral part of our class since the dmg buff.
    It provides nearly the same amount of Chi generation (30% chance per tick for CJL vs 34.2% chance per tick for Soothing[Soothing more regular though!]),
    while dealing a decent amount of damage, doing more healing, and being more mana efficient and a smartheal.
    During low-dmg phases you can use CJL to generate Chi. During high-dmg/tankdmg phases it's probably superior to stay with Soothing.
    It's also free of mana cost for its total duration when you cast it during a LMG procc.

You will also want to use it for fistweaving, during Bloodlust, it does much more damage than just fistweaving.
    (stop CJL when you are 1 Chi off max, and bleed the CHi with Jab->BoK, or just stay with CJL spamm if mana allows it)
    And in rare cases like twins, where you have 2 targets it is a good Idea to use CJL and to stay at [maxChi - 1], so when you have both targets (p1 when Suen appears, or last phase when they are tanked together) you can Jab -> BoK for a nice DPS increase over Jab-TP

CJL + Jab + BoK is overall more damage than Jab+TP, but it is also more mana expensive. (it's not much more damage on ST, but a decent damage increase on 2 targets or during Haste effects, as mentioned above)

Deleted
    Please don't let this devolve into CJL vs. regular fistweaving. Sure, cast it during BL or other haste effects for a damage buff, but be aware you're foregoing SZ streaming spot heals and vital mist for even more spot healing.

Here's 25H Twin Consorts WOL. Check out the player "進擊的阿宝"(I changed charactor name).
    This shows how a lightning weaver doing...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...yze/dd/source/

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Please don't let this devolve into CJL vs. regular fistweaving. Sure, cast it during BL or other haste effects for a damage buff, but be aware you're foregoing SZ streaming spot heals and vital mist for even more spot healing.
    Yes, Agreed on not letting it devolve.

I asked for non-CJL logs because individuals have graciously supplied CJL and CJL combo logs. I figured the best thing for me to do would be to look at all the options so I could make an educated decision about playstyles for various fights. We are only 8/12 Heroic now so I have ample room to work on my game and improve. IQ Heroic I can't always be in melee due to the number of melee we have, but certain fights it isn't a problem.
    Vivirei | Immortalis | US-Zul'Jin
    Do you want to be number one, or do you want to work hard enough to be number one?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRen View Post
    Here's 25H Twin Consorts WOL. Check out the player "進擊的阿宝"(I changed charactor name).
    This shows how a lightning weaver doing...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...yze/dd/source/
    In a fit of late night insanity after not quite killing this boss I decided that I didn't care what language it was in, I was going to figure out exactly what you were doing differently. My best attempt was 76kDPS and 120kHPS. You hit 120k/120k which is very impressive. So for those that don't speak the language here is the expression editor from the log translated into english. Thanks again for posting the log. The dps tanks and healer names were just labeled by their class/spec where appropriate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing
    Do you want to be number one, or do you want to work hard enough to be number one?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...=10818&e=11365

Logs of heroic Twins on 10m. Just the first 3minutes are pure fistweaving while the rest is mostly mistweaving. Using DPS meta gem and 1h due to lack of 2h.

Criticize away!

Deleted
    why you used so many blackout kicks instead of pushing tiger palms for instant surging mists ?

Quote Originally Posted by bearbite View Post
    why you used so many blackout kicks instead of pushing tiger palms for instant surging mists ?
    The adds in that fight spawn when hit by Tears from Suen in the day phase, cleaving off them = more healing. We were still two healing it and it can be brutal.

Deleted
    Due to the recent assraping Holy Paladin's seem to be getting I'll be going onto my Mistweaver next tier and I'm curious about Fistweaving. Is this something that will be 100% viable on progress for SoO HC encounters.
    Currently in the process of boosting my MW through 13/13hc and as I'll be new to progress on it I'm unsure on when to/not to Fistweave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytheo View Post
    Due to the recent assraping Holy Paladin's seem to be getting I'll be going onto my Mistweaver next tier and I'm curious about Fistweaving. Is this something that will be 100% viable on progress for SoO HC encounters.
    Currently in the process of boosting my MW through 13/13hc and as I'll be new to progress on it I'm unsure on when to/not to Fistweave.
    No. No it isn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    No. No it isn't.
    So it's just something viable for farm or when you don't need a full time 3rd healer?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytheo View Post
    So it's just something viable for farm or when you don't need a full time 3rd healer?
    Pretty much, that or low damage phases

Thanks for all your help with logs and everything over the last week. We took out Heroic Twins tonight and I got my Heroic TF staff. Now just Durumu DA and Lei Shen stand in our way.

Will you be updating your guide what with the new changes and all to Mistweavers, any time soon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyncent View Post
    Will you be updating your guide what with the new changes and all to Mistweavers, any time soon?
    Which changes?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll actually set up some new profiles with T16 WF BiS.

- - - Updated - - -

http://bestmonk.eu/simc/

Here are results, haven't done AoE because it involves making a new APL which I cba doing.

Which trinkets are best suited to the fistweaving playstyle?

What's your rotation for these SimC?

Deleted
    Not sure this is the best place to ask, but here goes .

I'm looking into lightningweaving and fistweaving to help with dps. My guild raids fairly casual which results in the dps being a bit low-ish at times. The bosses we struggle on are bosses with tight enrage timers (norushen) or adds which need to be killed fast.

I'll probably end up with a mix of fistweaving or lightningweaving and "normal" mistweaving. When I look at the stat differences between lightning weaving and fistweaving I think that lightningweaving favours massive amounts of haste, en fistweaving focusses more on crit, right?
    Which of those two stats would be more beneficial for a normal mistweaving rotation? In other words, if i focus on doing more dps, which style will have the least impact on normal healing output? Will the lack of crit with the lightningweaver result in huge mana problems?

1. Lightning-Weaver prefers hastes but 12140 is enough(for 4 seconds CJL), while Fist-Weaver prefers 9158 hastes. I think it's easy to get gears with 12140 hates in 5.4
    2. 4 critical equals 1 spirit in mana regen. So you shouldn't feel mana problem.

Forget about gearing for fistweaving/lightningweaving.
    Just use our standard reforgeing: maximise crit > haste by reforgeing out of mastery and spirit whereever possible.
    After that adjust your haste breakpoint by gemming towards the next higher haste BP. (Or pure crit gemming if youre just slightly above the lower one)
    The idea is to maximise healing. From the moment youre hitting the boss all the time, youre doing farm / overgearing it anyway. You dont want to maximise for that case. You do perfectly fine FW/LWing with a normal MW gear setup.