Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    29 VTs and one lurking Treann SK
    Ermagherd.
    Lysah's crafty so it's very plausible..

    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    We never know, we might've just gotten lucky, like someone pointed out, maybe no kills are meant to go through N1 (as it was a Night start) or there could be cult or something.
    I was kidding.


    So, do we actually have any leads? :/

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    We know. Since when has that ever stopped us from lynching the Mod before? ^_^
    >_____________________>
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    No, Worgie is right. If a group is larger than 10 it will automatically divide itself into hunters and gatherers and instinctively build a life around the general vicinity. Soon enough you'll have camp fires, pelts, and a hungry god demanding tribute by blood.

    It's basic human nature, Arlee. Trust me, I'm a marine biologist.

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    I don't think we actually have any leads, basically, all that we know is:

    There were no kills in the Night.
    All Night actions were accounted for.

    Um, I think those are the two things we are 100% sure on.

    Doctors may have been targeted.
    Mafia would have figured this out and are likely to target the same people again.

    Things that are PROBABLY true.

    There are probably a small number of TPRs.
    There are probably a small number of actual NKs.

    Things that COULD be true, but not necessarily.

    I think that's about all I know or what could be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  4. #44
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,795
    She said it was going to be a quick game so there can't be that few scum or TPR's.

  5. #45
    Dreadlord Nightfury Treann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colombia Spire
    Posts
    632
    Vote: Nightfury Treann

    There, got my insurance now.
    "#Got99ProblemsAndTreannAintOne" ~ElyPop

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    She said it was going to be a quick game so there can't be that few scum or TPR's.
    Hm. Star implied it wouldn't be role madness in her games but I don't see how a 30 player game with few NKs could possibly be quick.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  7. #47
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    She said it was going to be a quick game so there can't be that few scum or TPR's.
    Hm, I didn't catch where she said that.

    Perhaps Silkku is correct and NKs N1 were not allowed.

    I don't see how else you could make a quick game without lots of scum and TPR, but with lots of scum and TPR, at least a few kills would've gone through. Of course, we've had better luck sometimes (Remember when Falbacca investigated the two people in question? Wasn't that like, a 1/60 chance of happening?), so we can't rule out luck, but I think it's best that we operate under the assumption that we were not lucky (doesn't matter if we've had better luck, doesn't make this more unlikely).
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  8. #48
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,795
    Or maybe I'm wrong. Might have read something incorrectly.

    *Shrug.*

    And no N1 kills is a pretty good idea.

  9. #49
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    29 VTs and one lurking Treann SK
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfury Treann View Post
    Vote: Nightfury Treann
    Good enough for a vote

    Unvote
    Vote NFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    In the last 8 games I have been part of, I have been scum 6 times, a scummy moderator once, and a scum lover once. If we are to extrapolate this, the town should jump all over me to lynch me since lynching me is a good deal 100% of the time!

  10. #50
    Vote Kel

    All lurkers must die. What is a quicker and more efficient way than lynching them right off the bat?

  11. #51
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Or maybe I'm wrong. Might have read something incorrectly.

    *Shrug.*

    And no N1 kills is a pretty good idea.
    I disagree - It allows the town to expand their knowledge and prevents the mafia from carrying out their mission - Elimnation of townies through night-kills.

    I actually tested this out one game. Each person was given a shield and the shields had a 50/50 chance of stopping a night action against a person. Unfortunately this allowed the cop to out the serial killer who was trying to kill said cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    In the last 8 games I have been part of, I have been scum 6 times, a scummy moderator once, and a scum lover once. If we are to extrapolate this, the town should jump all over me to lynch me since lynching me is a good deal 100% of the time!

  12. #52
    Decagon: Agree with you on all of your reasoning, except...

    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    There are probably a small number of actual NKs.
    With 30 players playing, a game with 1-2 nightkills would last far into august. A game lasting all summer would collapse since half the playerbase would probably vanish at some point due to summer vacations hitting. That said, I wouldn't mind such a game, but that's just because I am a no-lifer

    It's not impossible for your logic to hold water though; but that would require some sort of other mechanism to be at play. Like a cult, for example.

    Speaking of; have we gotten hints enough to reasonably assume a cult at play?
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  13. #53
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    I disagree - It allows the town to expand their knowledge and prevents the mafia from carrying out their mission - Elimnation of townies through night-kills.

    I actually tested this out one game. Each person was given a shield and the shields had a 50/50 chance of stopping a night action against a person. Unfortunately this allowed the cop to out the serial killer who was trying to kill said cop.
    Fair point, but it eliminates that idea of someone not getting to participate.
    But I see where you're coming from since we now have no leads.

  14. #54
    whoa, no one died

  15. #55
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Oh hey, I didn't notice this before:

    This mafia game won't be the kind of mafia game your mother taught you. I'm basing the premise of the setup on the godfather setup from the WC3 mafia mod, which is not something that has been done on this forum before. A few things to keep in mind as you think about signing up for my game:
    And I think this game will surprise you people. Don't expect it to be anything like the games we've played lately.
    It's not a bastardized game, unfortunately, I'm saving that one for later =p
    I think those were all of the relevant posts in the signup thread that may clue us into what the setup might be. Given the nature of the posts though, I don't think anything will actually give us a clue about what the setup will be besides "Unexpected".


    Firebert posted this in the Signup Thread: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108565
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  16. #56
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    It's not impossible for your logic to hold water though; but that would require some sort of other mechanism to be at play. Like a cult, for example.

    Speaking of; have we gotten hints enough to reasonably assume a cult at play?
    Its Lysah - Anything goes.

    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Fair point, but it eliminates that idea of someone not getting to participate.
    But I see where you're coming from since we now have no leads.
    Agreed and its why I tried out shields. Maybe Lysah found a better way to balance it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    In the last 8 games I have been part of, I have been scum 6 times, a scummy moderator once, and a scum lover once. If we are to extrapolate this, the town should jump all over me to lynch me since lynching me is a good deal 100% of the time!

  17. #57
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Decagon: Agree with you on all of your reasoning, except...



    With 30 players playing, a game with 1-2 nightkills would last far into august. A game lasting all summer would collapse since half the playerbase would probably vanish at some point due to summer vacations hitting. That said, I wouldn't mind such a game, but that's just because I am a no-lifer

    It's not impossible for your logic to hold water though; but that would require some sort of other mechanism to be at play. Like a cult, for example.

    Speaking of; have we gotten hints enough to reasonably assume a cult at play?
    I get that, but I didn't mean that extensive. I meant, while there could only be 3 NKs instead of 4 or 5, we have less TPRs to deal with them (so it could work out). However, given your reasoning and everyone else's reasoning, I don't think this to be true anymore.

    I would seriously doubt a cult at play, but don't disregard the possibility.

    Also, unless it was posted in the Mafia Game Discussion thread, I do not see where Lysah said this would be a quick game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Oh hey, I didn't notice this before:





    I think those were all of the relevant posts in the signup thread that may clue us into what the setup might be. Given the nature of the posts though, I don't think anything will actually give us a clue about what the setup will be besides "Unexpected".


    Firebert posted this in the Signup Thread: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108565
    I'm placing 0 value on it since it's "based" on it and the recommended amount of players is 12. Most likely Lysah just pulled a few roles she remembers from her games and that's it

  19. #59
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    I'm placing 0 value on it since it's "based" on it and the recommended amount of players is 12. Most likely Lysah just pulled a few roles she remembers from her games and that's it
    I know, I know, just another resource to go to. I mean, it's worth a glance over, just in case, I don't see any harm in it. Though, reading it over myself, besides the slightly higher possibility of more roles based on converting (cult, zombie, traitor, etc) I don't think I actually learned anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  20. #60
    Anakso (Active)
    Blood Fox (Should be active)
    CalasEU (new)
    celtic209 (Active)
    Danner (new)
    Decagon (Died on N1 too many times to count)
    Dyra (Active)
    ElyPop (Active)
    Everything Nice (Lurker)
    falbacca (Lurker)
    Firebert (Active)
    foxximcleod (Meh)
    Greeney (Active)
    Hypermode (Meh)
    Kasierith (Active)
    kel (HC Lurker, Lynch mode Enabled)
    Krayzy (Active)
    listo95 (Meh)
    MartMoves (New)
    Majad (Meh)
    Nightfury Treann (Lurker)
    Omertocracy (new)
    Rollo (Active)
    Silkku
    Simca (Active)
    Robozerim (Active)
    Tziva (New)
    Uggorthaholy (Should be Active)
    Virothe (Active)
    Xanjori (Lurker? His role demanded it last game and don't remember much of him from earlier games so I'm assuming it's because he doesn't say much)

    Did I mislabel anything or can we start lynching the known lurkers D1 before we get to D4 and "it's too late for that!"? I'm not advocating starting a trend of lynching same people every game but for example for as long as I remember Kel has played the same lurker game where he shows up once or twice a day (game day, not IRL), doesn't say much and disappears

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •